[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10/22 Owner in Need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Okay. I've had this 10/22 for four years now. I've never been able to completely disassemble it. Ever. The rear pin holding in the trigger mechanism won't budge at all, like it was welded in. I bought this gun brand new as a side not. I'm sick of scratching up this gun trying to get this pin out and before I make myself look like a retard asking a clerk to show me how dumb I am at my LGS I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me. Please.You're really my last hope.
>>
Here's a closer picture of the receiver.
Please help me.
>>
>>29941974
Hit it with the hammer.
>>
File: 1449727234448.jpg (48 KB, 469x505) Image search: [Google]
1449727234448.jpg
48 KB, 469x505
Please, for the love of god, help me
>>
>>29941984
Tried it. I'm only scratching up my gun. Shoulda bought a mosin I suppose.

Anything else?
>>
Dab gun oil on said pin
Go to harbor freight
Buy set of punches and a small brass hammer
Go home and tap pin out over a hole drilled through your reloading table or over the side of your table.
>>
>>29941989
>Anything else?
Shake hammer at it menacingly and throw an egg at it.
>>
>>29941991
I live around the corner from a harbor freight. Nice. But I have all of those in the garage so I suppose that's a start.

Any other ideas just in case this also fails?
>>
>>29941996
I'm taking notes
>>
If /k/ is your last hope. You're fucked. Don't own a 10/22 (Marlin bro here) but have you tried driving the pin out from the other direction?
>>
File: Obvious_Troll_Is_Obvious.jpg (71 KB, 641x480) Image search: [Google]
Obvious_Troll_Is_Obvious.jpg
71 KB, 641x480
>>29942004
Forgot pic
>>
>>29942004
Yes, multiple times. I feel like I'm doing something stupid and when I can't figure it out, I get pissed, put the stock back on, and put it away. I want to end this now.
>>
>>29942022
Are you applying upward force to get the pin into position before striking? My back pin falls out but I need considerable upward force and a tap to get the foward pin out on mine.
>>
try some wd40 or release agent.
try constant steady pressure instead of hammer blows. (put it and a punch in a vice and try to drive it out that way)
look up to see if other people have the same issue.
consult the manual
go to lgs and ask for help.
fellow 10/22 bro here, and I've never done a full disassembly on mine but I'll try to help you as best I can.
>>
>>29941974
Do you have oxy-acetylene available?
>>
>>29942254
that would just melt the receiver to the pin since iirc its aluminum on a 10/22
>>
>>29942252
If you ever do the best way to put the trigger back into assembly is to strip a qtip of cotton on one end then measure the length of your new slave pin and cut with dikes. It's cheaper than cutting up nails. I now keep one of these in my cleaning kit just so I don't have to chase the little spring around anymore.
>>
>>29941996
I thought I was the only one who did this
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.