[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen if you were standing on top of a submarine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
What would happen if you were standing on top of a submarine and it dived suddenly? Would you be kill?
>>
>>29941596
What would happen if you were standing upon a very tall building and suddenly you fell?

Would we start seeing less shit threads?
>>
>>29941596
idk
>>
>>29941596
>What if you were on top of something that was floating and then it sank

You would be floating.
>>
>>29941649
The liquid displacement left by something that big would drag you under with it. Idk if it's big enough to drag you under long enough to drown you, but you'd be under water for a bit
>>
>>29941596
They have a failsave mechanism to prevent the drowning of U.S. Solders standing on the sub, that pushes air straight up. It makes the U.S. Soldier fly up into the air long enough that they won't be pulled under as the submarine submerges. That way they can safely deploy their flotation device.
>>
File: 1459110210825.jpg (176 KB, 751x787) Image search: [Google]
1459110210825.jpg
176 KB, 751x787
>>29941693
No. That's

1. Retarded
2. A waste of high pressure air
>>
>>29941596
You'd be very wet.
>>
>>29941728
I've been a sub tanker for 30+yrs, I think I know what I'm talking about.

OP it's called a Blow Hole. Like on a whale.
>>
>>29941755
Submarine admiral here, you are right. I personally designed the system. Glad you like it.
>>
File: 4e5.jpg (55 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
4e5.jpg
55 KB, 625x626
>>29941755
Is your life really so empty and pointless you spend it shitposting on one of the slowest boards on a Nepalese cat barbecueing website?
>>
File: p1r66X9.jpg (134 KB, 624x800) Image search: [Google]
p1r66X9.jpg
134 KB, 624x800
>>29941684
The movement vector of a submerging submarine kinda implies it won't cause nearly as much drag as if it was simply sinking. I would worry more about the propellers.
>>
>>29941805
Your post doesn't exactly contribute anything to the thread. At least I gave a factual answer to OP's question.

Meanwhile you're over here posting non-info, just bitching about someone else because they are career military and you are here for your cat.
>>
>>29941899
Can you provide sources for your information.
else it's baseless.
>>
>>29941596
here's what would happen, ish.
>dive dive dive
>the suction from the massive displacement change sucks you down to prop level
>you get sucked innaprops or crushed by pressure
>you are now fishfood
>>
>>29941802

Sumarine president here, thanks for the blowhole system, you saved American lives.
>>
I'm a submarine emperor and you're all faggots
>>
>>29942115

>submarine emperor

Kneel before the submarine god, plebian.
>>
> yfw you will never be submarine emperor
>>
>>29942115
Fuck you guys, im a submarine!
>>
>>29942155
I'm the ocean, get inside me.

inb4 Austin powers
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.