[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've heard there are full contact medieval combat clubs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: lTZvNfD.jpg (447 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
lTZvNfD.jpg
447 KB, 1600x1200
I've heard there are full contact medieval combat clubs that do reenactments and fights. Does anyone know the name of this hobby/sport? I keep trying to look it up but all I get are normal reenactments in Europe, when im looking for more of a North American thing.
>>
HEMA

Historical European Martial Arts

/asp/ is who you wanna ask about it.
>>
IMCF, International Medieval Combat Federation.
They dress in full plate armors and beat the shit out of eachother with blunted metal weapons. Looks cool as hell.
From what i understand, the matches range from 1v1 to huge team v team fights. Also different weapons like one handed sword + shield, greatsword, one handed axe, battleaxe etc etc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wKKSI1OPGa4
>>
>>29940281
Is that the same as Battle of the Nations?
>>
Thanks guys! Both were what I was looking for.
>>
>>29940281
DERP

Discipline, Engagement, and Role Play

You'll want to ask /asp/
>>
Look up some vids of battle at grunwald reanacments. They are vigantic and often mean as fuck.
>>
>>29940117
Society for Creative Anachronisms

They do full contact with armor and rattan swords, but there are some groups inside of it that use real weapons. Also, it's world wide.
>>
>>29940307
That i don't know. I was introduced to this thing a year ago by a finnish team, right before those world championships i linked.
Recently remembered it existed and watched some 1v1 longsword matches on youtube and became more and more interested.
>>
>Full contact

I dunno about that.
>>
>>29940117
HEMA
HEMA includes full contact sparring
Don't ask /k/ about medieval weaponry, you'll hear a load of misinformed bullshit
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.