[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have my choice of a marlin camp 9 or a keltec sub2000. Which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: comparison.png (356 KB, 800x488) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
356 KB, 800x488
Have my choice of a marlin camp 9 or a keltec sub2000. Which should I choose and why?
>>
>>29939898
Do you own a glock or a 59xx series?
>>
>>29939919
I don't own a handfun yet.
>>
>>29939898
Depends on mags. Without mags, I'd say Camp 9. Simple, rugged, reliable, accurate, parts still widely available. Better ergonomics than the cheap feeling Kel-Tec, with it's fuck weird charging "handle." 2 issues: If it's still OEM, you must immediately replace the recoil buffer and spring. The original springs were too weak, and the buffer was nylon, which gun oil breaks down. Buy a new buffer from Midway, and a 16# spring from Wolff.

That being said, Glock mags are kind of a game changer.
>>
>>29939937
Also, I don't know what the Kel-Tec will take, but after spring replacement, the Marlin will eat +Ps and NATO all day every day.
>>
>>29939927
Which do you plan on getting?

The only REAL reason to get one of these is to compliment a handgun.
>>
>>29939898
The only reason to get a leltec is if you have a matching handgun, to save on magazine costs, or if you need a backpack gun.
>>
File: 2011127164756.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
2011127164756.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
>>29939948
>The only REAL reason to get one of these is to compliment a handgun.
Bullshit. Plinking is a hell of a good reason. They're both a blast at the range.
>>
>>29939948
Well, I'll be getting one as inheritance from the estate. The camp 9 is 9mm, the sub2000 is a .40. Would it make sense to buy a complimentary handgun? As I understand it, the sub2000 can use glock magazines, but does it really make sense to buy a .40 calibur glock just on that basis?

I'm leaning towards the camp 9 on the grounds that it seems like a well made non-meme gun.
>>
In a few years the camp9 will be 2 decades out of production.

Not saying that rules them out or anything, they just are not all that common, and plenty of them you will find will be beaters.

Spare parts won't be a diamond dozen either. Idk if that matters.
>>
>>29939977
>Inheritance
This changes everything. Get the camp 9. No question.
>>
>>29939975
Plinking is an unspoken reason for buying any gun, anon.

>>29939977
>Well, I'll be getting one as inheritance from the estate.

Keep the camp 9.
>>
>>29940054
>>29940015

Thanks bros, will do.
>>
Not getting the camp 9 would be most dishonourbru
>>
>>29939998
for all intensive purposes i agree with you but i think hating out of production guns is too much of a Deep-seeded belief around here
>>
>>29939998
>diamond dozen
Seriously?
>>
>>29940656
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
File: 9mmlove.jpg (693 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
9mmlove.jpg
693 KB, 1000x750
>>29939898
They're both cool. Camp 9 is like a gun, and Keltec sub2k is like a toy, but its pretty neat to fold. I love both of mine
>>
>>29939898
Holy shitnickels that gun turns me on.
I know chiappa makes a 9mm carbine but that is just pure sex. Are there other guns like that?
>>
>>29939898
Camp9.
>>
File: FacepalmWorff.gif (897 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
FacepalmWorff.gif
897 KB, 300x225
>>29940681
>>
>>29939898
the camp9 is superior, just get a plastic buffer for it. its also worth more $ if you were to sell it. made out of metal and wood, and its not a cheap plastic keltec
>>
Camp 9. I've a Sub2k in the same caliber/magazine configuration. The folding is cool and it's really fucking lightweight, but I'd still trade it for a Camp 9 because it's fucking sexy.

Do you know what magazines the Sub2k you could get take?

FYI, early gen .40s had a tendency to explode.
>>
>>29939898
Both choices suck.

Camp 9 is less reliable than an M1 carbine (which isn't as bad as Ian and Karl say it is...if you have a '43 Winchester M1 carbine like me, anyway). It's fine for a plinker and skunk gun, but not reliable enough in my experience to be a camp gun. It hates running dry and won't run dirty.

Sub-2k has a relatively reliable *design*, but because Kel-Tec has a 50% chance of having frame cracking/sight falling off/bolt being some sort of fuck up/rifling or crown fucked. I wish a company with quality control would make it out of good materials.
>>
>>29940681
"Prima donna", not "pre-Madonna".

If you're going to try using exotic words to sound smart, make sure you get them right.
>>
>>29940681
>Tract with some words spelt and used correctly...
I hate to be the baron of bad news but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brace stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like its a peach of cake.
>>
>>29939948
Oh shut the fuck up you low rent tripfag. You haven't a clue..
>>
>>29941508
>If you're going to try using exotic words to sound smart, make sure you get them right.

Thats the only one you managed to pick out of the pasta? Good God man
>>
>>29939898
Beretta cx4 or a highpoint over either
>>
Why are they not making Camp 9s anymore? Looks like a great plinker.
>>
>>29939898
If you fold a camp 9, it breaks... Just sayin...
>>
>>29940054
>Plinking is an unspoken reason for buying any gun, anon.

A greater truth has never been spoken.
>>
File: sub2k.jpg (1019 KB, 2592x1928) Image search: [Google]
sub2k.jpg
1019 KB, 2592x1928
>>29939946
I've shot +p+ in my older sub2000, I don't know anything about this newer looking one in OPs pic though
>>
Sub 2k is nice for CC in a laptop case or messenger bag. Camp 9 is the better shooter but much less convenient to carry.
>>
File: 1461782717940.jpg (57 KB, 800x548) Image search: [Google]
1461782717940.jpg
57 KB, 800x548
>>29942443

Confirmed. I own a CX4 & PX4 9mm for shared mags/loadout. Yes, it is a little expensive, but totally worth the initial investment. 4 years on and I've had zero problems with either.
>>
>>29939898
I have a camp .45
I love it but it's a dirty bitch, after a day of shooting it takes a thorough cleaning.
I mounted a x3 to x9 on it for shiggles
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 666x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 666x567
>>29940681
>>29941508
The sheer amount of stupidity.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.