[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /k/, I'm conflicted right now. The previously based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 11
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (68 KB, 750x411) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
68 KB, 750x411
So, /k/, I'm conflicted right now. The previously based Martin Shkreli has bought the gun from George Zimmerman, and plans on destroying it. How does this make you feel?
>>
>>29936759
>Shkreli
>Being an irredeemable cunt

Go figure. He was never based to begin with. I hope he gets rickets.
>>
>>29936759
Shkreli has gone off the deep end with his trolling, I don't think he even knows when he's being serious or not

As long as Zim Zam gets paid I'm happy
>>
>>29936799
He was fairly cool at first, albeit a bit cocky. But when corporate media misconstrues your actions as harshly as they did with his, I'm sure I wouldn't be the nicest or most patient guy in the world either.
>>
File: 1372779699236.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1372779699236.gif
2 MB, 360x240
That he's going to pay Zimmerman a great deal of money for a single gun.
>>
>>29936759
Well zim zams got his so I bet he doesn't give a fuck what happens to his shitty pistol. Shkreli is retarded for trying to fight racism by paying zimmerman a shit ton of money.
>>
File: zimzam.gif (1 MB, 389x279) Image search: [Google]
zimzam.gif
1 MB, 389x279
>>29936759
How much did he pay? Shekelreli's MO is usually causing as much ass-blasting as possible so I'm surprised he'd destroy it instead of framing it or something.
>>
>symbol of racism and should be destroyed
The dumbass just bought what he calls a symbol of racism, effectively giving the "racist" he doesn't like some cash

What a retard
>>
silly
>>
>>29936759

How the fuck is he in anyway based?
>>29936833

How do you misinterpret price gauging cancer patients?
>>
>>29936759
>paid a lot of money for cheap gun
>because a guy he hates used it to kill a nigger
>all the money goes to the nigger slayer he hates
>plans on destroying it because racis
he's a fucking retard
>>
>yfw zim zam bought an identical one, switched the guns, and kept the trayvon killer3k
>>
>>29936759
He's a fag and attention whore but it's his(or his investors) money and he can do with it what he wants if he buys the gun.
>>
>>29936759
how much did zim zam get for the gun he sold?
>>
>>29936759
doesn't matter.
zimmerman is laughing all the way to his local machine gun dealer.
shkreli needs to be removed. dude is a faggot.
he would make much more money off his aids drug if he kept it cheap instead of retarded expensive.
>>
If you think a racist guy is selling a racist thing then why are you buying it from him to destroy it?

Shkreli confirmed for as retarded as those guys who would wait in line to buy PS4s or X360s and then smash the console to pieces in front of everyone else waiting in line.
>>
>>29937403
or like the guys who buy products to destroy them "as a message to show how disgusted they are" like the dipshits who would buy gook cars in the 80s/90s and then gangbang the car with sledgehammers.
>>
File: college.jpg (44 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
college.jpg
44 KB, 500x667
related: is it time for us to boycott Gunbroker.com for removing this legitimate law-abiding auction because "hurrr durrr it might hurt people's feelings"?
>>
>>29936759
Martin is under felony indictment, he can't buy a firearm. Plus he's an NYC resident.
>>
>>29937403
>Shkreli confirmed for as retarded as those guys who would wait in line to buy PS4s or X360s and then smash the console to pieces in front of everyone else waiting in line.
That's actually a decent description of him
>>
>>29937811
But anon. Just like based Trump, he has money and influence. That's literally all you need for anything in this country no matter where you live.
>>
>>29936759
How much did he buy it for?
>>
Do people on here actually like Martin Shkreli? Dude is the single most punchable human being in the history of the world
>>
>>29937834
Good luck getting around that felony charge hanging out there. Martin is full of shit and just attention whoring.
>>
Shkreli thinks of himself as a liberal—I know this because he was on Milo's podcast and said so. That said, I'm pretty sure he's just doing this for attention, because the man's a troll.
>>
>>29937852
he didn't

entitlement babbies will believe anything, as long as you trigger them by talking about money first
>>
File: smug anime gril reaction.jpg (58 KB, 859x723) Image search: [Google]
smug anime gril reaction.jpg
58 KB, 859x723
PART 1/2

The anger at Shkreli is largely misplaced.

Yes, he did jack the price of Daraprim sky high. But ever stop and think about how, exactly, it's possible for one man to control the entire supply of a drug? Especially considering that since Daraprim was invented in 1953, and its patents expired in the 70's, just anyone should be able to manufacture it?

The answer is the FDA. First, for reasons unknown but probably to do with orphan drug research [1], the FDA granted Impax Laboratories exclusive marketing rights to Daraprim, meaning only Impax could market a drug called "Daraprim." Nobody gave a shit because nobody takes Daraprim.

Shkreli bought this company to acquire those exclusive marketing rights [2], and, as everyone knows, immediately jacked up the price. Because of the exclusivity granted by the FDA, no one else could manufacture a competing Daraprim, meaning anyone who wanted the drug had to get it from Shkreli.

The exclusive marketing rights have since expired [3], meaning just anyone could now come along and manufacture a generic version... except for the FDA again. The FDA requires anyone thinking about manufacturing a generic version of a drug to acquire a large quantity of the brand-name version first for reverse-engineering [4], even if the drug is well-understood and has been off-patent for decades

[1] http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/ucm079031.htm#How long is exclusivity granted for?
[2] http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/turing-pharmaceuticals-ag-acquires-us-marketing-rights-to-daraprim-pyrimethamine-300125853.html
[3] http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/ob/docs/obdetail.cfm?Appl_No=008578&TABLE1=OB_Rx
[4] http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/business/a-huge-overnight-increase-in-a-drugs-price-raises-protests.html?_r=0
>>
>>29937474
I would walk out of this
>>
>>29938172
PART 2/2

Even prior to Shkreli's buy-out, Impax tightly controlled the distribution of Daraprim [4], selling limited quantities of the drug directly to hospitals only, preventing anyone else from acquiring enough for the FDA to approve a generic. That's assuming anyone cared to undergo the cost of FDA approval for a drug used by only ~2,000 patients.

So, yes, Shkreli is an asshole for jacking up the price of the drugs. But he was only able to do that because 1) the FDA GAVE HIM A MONOPOLY ON A 60 YEAR OLD DRUG, and 2) FDA rules make it nigh-impossible for anyone to manufacture a generic.

And this isn't the only time the FDA did this. Before Shkreli, they also gave KV Pharmaceutical an exclusive monopoly on Makena, another drug from the 50's used to prevent premature births. Previously, it could be manufactured at any compounding pharmacy and cost $10 a dose. After the FDA retroactively made that illegal and made KV Pharmaceutical the only seller, they jacked the price up to $1,500 a dose.

And it's not just Daraprim, and it's not just Makena. The FDA has gone around granting retroactive monopolies on literally hundreds of drugs [6], just because. And, predictably, prices on the drug go up once only one company is allowed to sell it.

So, the FDA has caused hundreds of Daraprims, and nobody gives a shit because nobody cares about obscure medical patents. The only reason any of YOU give a shit is because Shkreli's narcissism made him all too eager to grant interviews, and those stories got plenty of clicks because hurr-durr asshole.

[4] http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/business/a-huge-overnight-increase-in-a-drugs-price-raises-protests.html?_r=0
[5] https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110311/01545013458/retroactive-drug-monopoly-raises-rates-10-to-1500.shtml
[6] https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110324/02181913605/fda-suddenly-bans-drugs-that-have-been-market-decades.shtml
>>
>>29937474
>darker the bigger

this bitch is in college
>>
>>29936759
I support burning holy books in protest of whatever, (principia mathematica and forms are sacrosanct tho) so I guess I support him in doing this though I'll call him misinformed and/or a liar for it.
>>
>>29938172
>"misplaced"
>guy unilaterally jacks up the price of a drug
>let's blame the FDA

Do you blame the 2nd Amendment for people getting shot by negligent discharges?
>>
>>29936759
I have to ask

is he Jewish?
>>
>>29938418
The only reason he was able to jack up the price at all was because THE FDA GAVE HIM A MONOPOLY ON A 60-YEAR-OLD DRUG.
>>
>>29938435
that's irrelevant.

Even with a monopoly, it takes evil on his end of the fence to raise prices.
>>
>>29937876
>Good luck getting around that felony charge

Hillary Clinton ring any bells?

anon was right, money = anything you want, yes even getting out of indictment
>>
>>29938493
It doesn't take "evil on his end of the fence" to raise prices. It takes a monopoly, dipshit.

And the FDA has been granting hundreds of these retroactive monopolies to all sorts of evil people for decades, and prices have jumped every time. The only reason you give a shit about Shkreli is because you are incredibly uninformed and he rustled your jimmies.
>>
>>29938435
The drug is free dopey cunts.
the only people paying that "jacked up" price are insurance companies.

if an individual doesn't have health insurance and for some reason needs this drug that is exceptionally rare to need anyway, they can get it free from Shrekli's company.
>>
>>29937878
>listening to milo
you know how i know you're gay?
>>
>>29936759
>How does this make you feel?

Don't really care. Don't see why I should.
>>
>>29938563
>the only people paying that "jacked up" price are insurance companies.
Which passes the cost onto it's buyers i.e. every America because of Obamacare
>>
>>29937000
>How do you misinterpret price gauging cancer patients?

Pretty sure it was AIDS, but
>Know that everyone is legally required to have insurance
>know that said insurance is required to foot the bill for an important drug like this
>decide to do whatever you freaking want to the price
I don't know why people expected anything different.
>>
>>29938591
>Implying the drug sales have any influence on the economy
>implying it's not 1% of total med costs, the majority being hospitals.

Stop being retarded.

it doesn't affect shit, it's a super rare drug and other companies have legitimately price gouged with drugs that are much more prevalent and no one said shit, it's just because this one out-dated drug that sucks ass anyway HAPPENS to have SOMETHING to do with a FEW aids patients that it got media attention.
>>
>>29938563
>if an individual doesn't have health insurance and for some reason needs this drug that is exceptionally rare to need anyway, they can get it free from Shrekli's company.
You're a goddamn idiot if you think that's an improvement over being able to get a $0.66-a-pill drug from anywhere you want.

>the only people paying that "jacked up" price are insurance companies.
Interesting that you like Shkreli more than insurance companies, though.
>>
>>29937000
He was gouging insurance companies, fucking retard
>>
>>29938605
The really cool thing is that because he did it, like four other companies started making versions of the drug. So whether intentionally or not, he's actually created competition, which may bring the cost down in the future!
>>
>>29938629
Moron, the drug sucks ass and if you or I were to take it we'd die.

You forget to mention that 90% of Shrekli's profits go to R&D specifically, to developing a better drug for rare diseases that no other companies bother with.

>Interesting that you like Shkreli more than insurance companies, though.

uh ok?
Welcome to the market, some are winners some are losers, better the insurance companies lose than individuals.
>>
>>29937474
Gunbroker made the right call, who the hell wants to be associated with this shit? It's bad publicity, and while there is a great deal of money to be made, it is ultimately not worth having the media destroy your reputation.
>>
>>29938629
interesting that you believe you learned reality from the fucking news papers or liberal news sites
>>
>>29936759
>bought a average tier used gun that happened to be used in a self defense shooting against some random nig
>after purchasing plans on destroying it

no fucks given
>>
>>29938662
>You forget to mention that 90% of Shrekli's profits go to R&D specifically
And you believed Shkreli when he said that.

>Welcome to the market
Another interesting way to describe FDA monopoly

>better the insurance companies lose than individuals
Also interesting that you apparently don't have insurance, or pay taxes.
>>
>>29937403
>those guys who would wait in line to buy PS4s or X360s and then smash the console to pieces in front of everyone else waiting in line.

but that's funny to be honnest
watching everyone sperg out because someone that was in line before them bought a product and did with it as he pleased
>>
>>29938678
>defending Shkreli
>hating FDA
>herp derp librul
Dumbass.
>>
>>29938702
>And you believed Shkreli when he said that.
Look up his company yourself, it ain't doing well.

>Also interesting that you apparently don't have insurance, or pay taxes.

doesn't effect me what so ever, the drug is so pathetically rare it couldn't influence anything even by a cent.
>>
>>29938725
>Look up his company yourself, it ain't doing well.
But think of all that R&D 90% of "ain't doing well" will pay for.

>doesn't effect me what so ever, the drug is so pathetically rare it couldn't influence anything even by a cent
The couple hundred other drugs might.
>>
>>29936759
I find it shocking he gives a shit about something that will not inherently make him more money.
>>
>>29938714
>supporting the FDA
>>
>>29936931
He probably is just saying he'll destroy it only to not.
>>
>>29936759
>Trusting a master troll.
Lad, ya done fucked up.
>>
>>29938771
>The couple hundred other drugs might.
We're not talking about those other drugs are we?
Shrekli isn't gouging paracetamol.

>>29938771
>But think of all that R&D 90% of "ain't doing well" will pay for

Hopefully some decent research.
>>
So a Mexican walks into a neighborhood. Black teen attacks him, and the Mexican shoots him dead. Who is the racist in this scenario?

The gun! That's right, the inanimate object. Fucking racist guns.
>>
>>29938840
THE SYSTEM IS RACIST
>>
>>29936931
This is the same guy that bought a one of the kind wu-tang song for a few million just to use it as a coaster just to deprive other people from hearing it. He's just the type of guy that would buy -a frankly worthless symbol of non-accomplishment- and destroy it so that hundreds of trolls have one less thing to cackle over.
>>
>>29936945
Money means nothing to him and no matter how much he gives Zimmerman, he'll be broke again in a few months.
>>
>>29938815
>We're not talking about those other drugs are we?
I am, faggot, and have been since my very first post in the thread, so keep up.
>>
>>29938866
No, you've been whining about insurance companies premiums and taxes acting like the drug industry has any major effect on either.
>>
>>29938840
He's peruvian you dumb fuck
>>
>>29937474
Nobody with an ounce of sense would want to be associated with this. Maybe the gun would sell fifty years from now after Zimmerman is dead or something, but right now, with Zimmerman himself selling it and basically acting like a twat?
>>
>>29938880
I spent 8000 characters bitching about the FDA. You're the fag that brought up insurance companies.

Given the budget just for Medicare Part D, you're also an idiot if you think the drug industry doesn't have "any major effect" on costs. Or that Shkreli the narcissist troll and hedge fund manager is really a misunderstood Robin Hood do-gooder.
>>
>>29938973
Find me where price gouging has costed tax payers anything significant.

cunts getting chemo is a cost astronomically higher than that.
>>
File: Boss Tweed.jpg (124 KB, 413x450) Image search: [Google]
Boss Tweed.jpg
124 KB, 413x450
>>29936759

How has this Shylock bastard ever been anything remotely close to based?

I'm a free market libertarian and even I think he's a money grubbing pig.

Honestly, I could give a fuck about the gun who's historic value is severely overrated in my mind. Its not like its the derringer that iced Lincoln or the 1910 Browning that started WWI.

He's probably buying it and destroying it as a PR move or more likely just because he loves seeing his face on the news.
>>
>>29936759
I thought Nig Ger bought the gun for $666,666,666...?
>>
>>29936759
I think this is hilarious. To top the current bids Shkreli would have to pay Zimmerman half-a-million dollars for a used low-end polymer 9mm.

>>29938172
>>29938361
Thanks, anon. Finally figured out what this was all about.
>>
>>29939010
>anything significant
I don't give two shits what you think is "significant", m8, and I'm not chasing those goalposts.

My thesis was that Shkreli is only one of many gougers the FDA has created, and that anyone angry at the fag should be angry at the fag-enabler instead. If your contention is fags aren't really that gay, have a golf clap.
>>
>>29936759
>news headline: martin shkreli gives money to zimzam
shit, I wish I bought the gun
>>
>>29938895
Mestizo octaroon to be racially specific.
He was Aryanized for acting white (showing civic spirit and volunteering as neighborhood watch!)
>>
File: question reaction.png (78 KB, 282x300) Image search: [Google]
question reaction.png
78 KB, 282x300
>>29939119
>He was Aryanized for acting white (showing civic spirit and volunteering as neighborhood watch!)
Well, damn. Did Michael Jackson join a neighborhood watch, too?
>>
>>29936759

You know if he destroys it then Travons ghost gets freed to roam the earth. Fuck that noise.
>>
File: shkreli_at_mtdoom.png (720 KB, 1024x421) Image search: [Google]
shkreli_at_mtdoom.png
720 KB, 1024x421
He won't destroy it. Once he holds the gun, its power will consume him. He will be unable to cast it into Mount Doom.
>>
>>29939255
kek
>>
>>29939143

only to keep an eye on the neighborhood children
>>
>>29937474
It's a stupid hill to die on
Zimmerman is a piece of trash.
>>
>>29937852
It was listed for $5k on gun broker. It's a PF9. Zim zam ghetto blaster.
>>
>>29938172
He also is totally removed from reality, like when he offered his ex girlfriend 10,000 to go down on her. He's a creep. The Daraprim thing may have been overblown but he is a creepy dude with a huge karma debt. He does finance classes on YouTube that I watch, he also had his birthday party online. Wouldn't be surprised if he is anon. He's gross, tries to come off as decent though.

People aren't 100% good or bad. Dude has done some good things, but he is pretty creepy also.
>>
>>29938664
It's a drop in the bucket compared to how many guns they sell.
>>
>>29938563
>what is a denied claim?
>you mean there are insurance plans that don't cover 100% med costs?

I really hope Martin shoots himself with that gun so it has double-asshole killer juujuu on it
>>
File: discusting.jpg (63 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
discusting.jpg
63 KB, 600x600
>>29938713
>It's funny
If you're underaged white trash, sure.
>>
File: 1309062395489.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1309062395489.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
>>29938775
It's decoration for his foyer. People walk into his penthouse and say "Hey is that a rare Wu-Tang print? Next to a gun that has ZimZam stenciled on the slide? Next to a black rhino foreskin? You're doing well for yourself."
It will go back on the market when his estate is seized to pay off his fines and lawyers fees while he's in prison for investor fraud.
>>
>>29939255
The gun had no power. It was used to kill a single unarmed teen and it jammed after the first shot. It's not like Zimmerman killed 20 armed men that are dressed like gang members from death wish. It's not a firearm that was used to turn the tide of a great battle against a superior force during a foreign war.
>>
>>29938664
kek. crybaby liberal faggots and politically involved niggers arent exactly their target market.
>>
>>29942486
calm down and take a joke jamal
>>
>>29942511
Not even mad, I just think that this whole thing with Zimmerman is silly. We got people acting like the killing of Trayvon is a national tragedy when there were objectively worse 'white guy kills unarmed black teen' (Michael Dunn, that other guy that shot the teen in the back because he 'thought' the teen stole his rifle.... Come to think about it, I don't even remember his name) shootings that year and people on the other side canonize Zimmerman and the great sambo slayer when he killed an unarmed teen that he couldn't handle in a fight after he hopped out of his truck to follow the teen in a dark alley.

All I can think of is that, had I been on either side of the situation that night, nobody would have died and there wouldn't have been a fight. I would have stayed in my truck had I been in zimmerman's shoes and I would have went home had I been in trayvon's.
>>
>>29942486
Nigger detected. Keep parroting msm bullshit. People dumb and naive like you should be shot
>>
>>29942579
So tolerant and progressive. Do you also like to to snuggle in your pajamas with a hot cup of cocoa and discuss health insurance? Fucking spineless faggot
>>
>>29942637
So the gun was used to kill 20 gangsters, turn the tide of a great battle in a foreign war and Trayvon was an unstoppable warrior of lore? Oh, and the gun didn't jam after the first shot? What part of what I said was a lie from the msm or untrue?
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 400x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 400x220
>>29942671
So I'm spineless because I'm reasonable? Gotcha.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.