[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The things anon does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14
File: 1461399755051.jpg (90 KB, 1014x547) Image search: [Google]
1461399755051.jpg
90 KB, 1014x547
Let's talk about things that we do, that we think other /k/ommandos might or might not do with their firearms.

Here's mine:
>religiously disassemble my revolvers and oil them I'm talking at least three times a week.
>go to the restroom with my AR and an empty Mag.
>pull firearm out and leave it next to me while I play vidya on my PC
>rack the bolt carrier on my sks
>keep all my shitty guns quarantined from my good guns.
>>
File: 1461107387887.png (474 KB, 400x585) Image search: [Google]
1461107387887.png
474 KB, 400x585
Bump
>>
File: 1460846511453.gif (285 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
1460846511453.gif
285 KB, 500x365
>>
>Mindlessly rack and release slide on my (unloaded) pistols while on the computer
>Randomly pull out AR and do speed mag change drills
>>
>>29935269
>Live in no gunz state
>Buy a crossbow
>>
File: 1460989886492.jpg (36 KB, 600x323) Image search: [Google]
1460989886492.jpg
36 KB, 600x323
>go to bathroom with one of my handguns or my ar
>pose in mirror with guns
>put on jacket, grab my ar and tuck my p226 into my belt then clear house pretending to be pic from The Veteran
>talk to myself and pretend I'm introducing new shooters to guns and safety before we go shoot but don't have any friends
>always have a gun in arms reach when I'm in my room
>pretend I'm any good at shooting my p226
>>
>>29935361
Bot an excuse for not having a gun
>>
File: 1318015842533.jpg (43 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
1318015842533.jpg
43 KB, 500x491
>never have one of my handguns out of arms reach when in the home
>If the game i'm playing has a gun i own in it, only use that gun in game and always have said gun right next to me.
>practice my cowboy drawing while brushing teeth
>When watching T.V do wrist exercises with my Saber.
> every morning do some reps with my heaviest rifle so as to keep myself accustomed to the weight.

Nothing too strange i think.
>>
>put on BDUs, gas mask, and grab the airshit i bought for this
>go outside and sneak through the neighborhood pretending it's post nuclear apocalypse
>airshit is so nobody calls cops on my psychopathic ass
i also like to sit at my desk and go through a ICBM's launch procedure.
makes me feel alive, knowing that all it takes is 2 key turns, a half hour of flight, and then I'm dead.
>>
File: 1451871379199.jpg (91 KB, 1500x1383) Image search: [Google]
1451871379199.jpg
91 KB, 1500x1383
>>29935364
>>talk to myself and pretend I'm introducing new shooters to guns and safety before we go shoot but don't have any friends

you can teach me anon
>>
>clear the rooms in my house with 100 year old rifles
>practice cqb with 4ft long bolt rifles
>>
>>29935586
That actually sounds fun
I might actually start doing this
>>
>>29935677
it is pretty fun.
do be sure to get an airshit that is obviously airshit if you don't want to get your chest and head ventilated
>>
>>29935677
>This kills the anon
>>
>>29935502
>every morning do some reps with my heaviest rifle so as to keep myself accustomed to the weight
What kind of reps are you doing?
>>
>>29935750
Maybe anal stretching. You put the stockend on something like a table, barrel in anus then do squats.

I specifically bought an M1A to do this each morning.
>>
>>29935269
>talk to my guns
>sit them next to me onna couch when watching movies
>kiss them goodnight
>feel guilty if I ignore one of them too long
>>
>>29935777
Thats a good excuse to buy an M1A.
>>
>>29935642
Don't feel too bad.

i like to practice the manual of arms as lined out in 1779 by Congress with my flintlock longrifle sometimes. it's pretty fun.
>>
>>29935269
>pop off primers to smell that sweet lead styphante
>burn the powder for the sweet smell
>practice loading and unloading blindfolded
>bring gun everywhere with me when at home
>always make sure all my doors and windows are locked before taking a shower
>only turn on the water to wet and rinse myself
>only use earphones with one ear covered
>>
>>29935269
Why empty mag? It's like you want to be killed
>>
>>29935799
I do this during deer season with my Kentucky long rifle replica. Even wear wool and shit.
>>
>>29936174
Hunting in period gear is the best.

I'm so glad i bought a long-rifle, I use it more than my bolt guns these days.
>>
>dry fire and cycling guns, obsessively
>mag changes
>running around house all tactical like like a child pretending my tactical monstrosities are toy guns going PEW PEW PEW and aiming them at walls and various things around the house, pretending to shoot things/doing air butt strokes and knife stabs
>dry fire (did I mention I like dry firing?) while aiming at very small objects to practice aiming I guess
>pointing home protection guns at things with finger on trigger while they are loaded, safeties off and round in chamber because I know I'm confident I have trigger discipline and it feels good to exercise it, this includes racking hot rounds for reload practice
pls don't tell my neighbors what I do in my own home, they don't need to know
>>
>>29936530
also
>practicing swapping my AR's two uppers
>practicing taking optics on/off (all my tactical a-salt guns have QD re-zero mounts) and transitioning to/flipping up iron sights
>>
>>29936530
Are you me anon? My friends think I'm the only person in the world that does this shit haha
>>
sometimes i like to sit in my backyard, cook a nice steak, and eat it with nothing but normal mess kit shit and a bayonet.
I leave my phone inside and just relax outside and look at the stars.
really calming, actually, and it gives me practice on making a meal with basic tools. I highly recommend it.
>>
>keep all my shitty guns quarantined from my good guns.
That's prejudiced!
>>
>twirl pistol on finger like old west revolver
>take apart and put together pistol for funzies
>>
>>29935502
Mah nigguh. you play /tg/?
>>
>>29935625
Cheer up buddy...
>>
File: 1454676689029.png (1 MB, 1462x912) Image search: [Google]
1454676689029.png
1 MB, 1462x912
>>29937603
I switch between /tg/ and /vg/'s server. depending on the time of day.

I can only imagine a /k/ server being even more of a circle jerk.
>i would love it however.

In the end though, i'm still a worthless cunt who always shows up after it's too late because somebodies gotta get them ores, mayne
>>
>>29935269
Kill yourself op, but not with a gun. You are clearly retarded and should not own firearms.
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 600x824) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 600x824
>pic related
As my father said when it comes to tools and material objects
>Take good care of her and she'll take good care of you
>>
>>29937885
>tfw wanna play SS13 so I can get in on all the dank memes and funny stories but BYOND and all it's games makes me want to fucking kill myself

When is SS13 going to be made a standalone game holy fuck
>>
>>29935269
> CC while i watch my guinea pigs graze
>>
>>29938566
why the fuck do you own guinea pigs
>>
>>29938604
Mostly to have an excuse to CC. They attract a lot of predators like coyotes and racoon and weasel birds. They also mow my lawn.
>>
File: 1405446656539.jpg (170 KB, 855x773) Image search: [Google]
1405446656539.jpg
170 KB, 855x773
>>29938487
Hopefully never.

that said, it took me a week just to get a hang of it.

Half the fun for me however was learning how to do the cool shit, like getting Cargonia to declare it's independence and hot wiring my way into the Armory to start my own militant religion.

The day you convince your cargo-bros to convert to the Ore-Father and wage war against the Vox migrants is the day you can forgive all the autistic shit you needed to learn to pull it off.
>>
>>29938637
How many guinea pigs does it take to mow a lawn?
>>
>>29938645
1 per 4 square feet per day keeps the grass short. They tend to work from cover out to about 10 feet into the open. They are grazers so if you put a couple in an enclosure they will mow a nice even putting green, taking about a centimeter or so off the top of short grass with each pass.
>>
>>29938736
Those measurements seem very specific. How long have you been grazing your guinea pigs like this? Is this a common thing for people to do?
>>
>>29938910
2 years. You don't see any returns from it until the second year. I don't think it's a common thing to do but prominent individuals have pushed for Americans to raise consume domestic cuy as livestock for the past couple of centuries, but US Americans favor larger animals which can be eaten with utensils. There is an improved meat breed which grows 3x the size of a normal "pet" Guinea pig, but it has not yet naturalized in North America. When the improved breed arrives in force it will likely fill the niche of the domestic rabbit, without all the furniture chewing.
>>
>>29938637
Could you talk to Skeletor for us?
>>
>>29939036
Thats actually fascinating. Thank you, anon. I learned something today. Do you raise your guinea pigs for meat or is it just a hobby?
>>
>>29935303

You should be careful with the mindlessly racking thing. I was doing that one day, put the mag in, then set the gun down to get some coffee. When I came back I ended up picking the gun up and racking the slide like I was but loaded a cartridge. My finger was off the trigger and I could tell from the sound that it loaded, but I have learned that "mindlessly" should never happen around guns.

>>29935364

>talk to myself and pretend I'm introducing new shooters to guns and safety before we go shoot but don't have any friends

I do that too, but all my friends already know how to shoot.
>>
>>29939090
They help me with my anxieties so a hobby I guess but if I can take mature males and excess females to the fall, then the herd gets culled either my my action to produce meat or by predation to produce cat/owl/weasel/dog food. The little buggers are delicious if you feed them right. An alfalfa fed cuy has a mild flavored, slightly greasy meat that is both chewy and melt in your mouth at the same time. They are mostly guts, but the meat is rich and tender, requiring neither rest nor utensils to consume, and produces no leftovers to refrigerate or cure. Adults are typically culled and consumed at 1 year of age, except for breeding females, which produce larger litters as they grow older.
>>
>put on White Death by Saboton or Red Fraction by Mell and cycle and dry fire my bolt gun or clear my apartment with my Glock respectively.
>>
>>29935361
What state?
>>
>>29935364
I do this as well, but none of my friends really give a shit about shooting just for the sake of shooting, if they shoot at all. I'm hoping that my bro's tranny girlfriend takes an interest in shooting whenever she moves back down.
>>
There is a disturbing lack of "sonny Jim" ITT.
>>
>>29939352

Okay, I need to get in this too.

So are they raised in open air pens or ones with netting over them like pheasants, or what?
>>
>>29935269
>Let's talk about things that we do, that we think other /k/ommandos might or might not do with their firearms.

Use nonabrasive hand cleaner, to clean post firing.

No kidding. Buy a pot of GoJo hand cleaner (non abrasive) and try it.. It's not far removed from a formula mentioned in "Hatchers Notebook" for cleaning bores.
>>
>>29935921
I don't have any ammo anon. If I did though I would.
>>
>>29939588
They require a relatively draft free enclosure to hide in. I use 12 foot by 4 foot rectangles made of 1x6 boards with a solid roof on one end and wire on the rest. A partition with a guinea pig sized aperture is secured so that the roofed portion is relatively airtight. Some draft is acceptable but these things evolved to live in Inca dwellings so build as if you were making lean tos for tiny humans.

Be warned: every cat, dog, crow, raven, owl, racoon, skunk, coyote, fox, and maybe snake, that sees these things will try to make a meal out of them. A weasel will outright kill a colony for fun. Just for reference I sleep with a loaded .22 next to my bed, and cc a glock on an empty chamber any time I'm around the yard. I do this so I can deter domestic carnivores that come around with the
sound of the action and so that if a coyote or fox strikes rapidly I can react. Guinea pigs go well with chickens, as the birds will make a better alarm for predator attacks.
>>
>>29939783
>Guinea pigs go well with chickens, as the birds will make a better alarm for predator attacks.

So if one were to have a chicken set up already they could put some guinea pigs in there?

Do they try to burrow out of an enclosure or just eat if there's food and do their thing?

Thanks anon, this really is fascinating stuff.
>>
>>29939891
Guinea pigs do not dig but should be housed separately from chickens. Somehow I can imagine a beaked chicken pecking the eyes out of a cornered guinea pig
>>
I own one gun, and it's no good for this, but sometimes I like to spin it around my finger and dry fire at a wall like I'm clint eastwood or some shit.
>>
Just take them out and admire their intricate simplicity and how a centuries old technology can be still relevant in the modern age.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (37 KB, 650x637) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
37 KB, 650x637
>>29936530
You are going to accidentally discharge one of your guns if you keep doing this anon. Its not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when". Fuck ups are bound to happen no matter how skilled or disciplined you are. I just hope you aren't pointing it at anything important when it does go off.
>>
>>29935586

I've done some thing like this, with a real gun. I go out in bum fuck no where, to this abandoned warehouses place. Place is an old logging place, they had a couple shops for maintenence, housing, some other shit. Huge as fuck, lots of old machinery too.
>>
>>29941044
Get out of here, STALKER!
>>
Cry myself to sleep at night because I'm too poor to move out of my anti-gun mother's house
>>
>>29935784
>feel guilty if I ignore one of them too long
This is normal, right?
>>
>>29935269
pretend I'm a Rhodesian door kicker when the alarm in the garage goes off
>>
>>29935269
>lay all my guns out all over my room so my cat can sniff them and roll around on them
>>
>>29935269
you sound like a ND waiting to happen OP. fucking around with guns while youre distracted with video games is questionable
>>
>>29941163
I'm sure he checks the chamber before he fucks around with his guns.
>>
>>29941044
dude, badass.
I don't have any cool locations to go to, so the neighborhood will have to do, hence the airshit.
I love old machinery, do you have any pics of their facilities?
>>
i could see it if he was just fucking around with collector non HD pieces, but like another anon already said, you will basically be training your muscle memory to instantly rack slide/dry fire when you do this repeatedly while fucking around, and one day you will pick up your pistol after having put the loaded mag in and just do a rack click out of habbit and put a round through the TV
>>
>>29941010
Bullshit. People carry and interact with loaded guns on a daily basis.
I'm pretty sure guns would have been banned by now if fuck-ups with guns were so common in human nature that they are *bound* to happen regardless of who you are or your training/skill level, no one would think they were worth messing with at all.
>>
>>29941192
I've seen train military do real dumb shit like forget to take the mag out on an unload drill when they are tired. I've never done that shit, but i've seen it plenty. I stopped my FTP in basic from an ND a couple times.
>>
>>29941204
forgetting to take a mag out and accidentally pulling the trigger of a gun that has a safety off and a round chambered are two very different things.
>>
File: 1457629109566.png (278 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1457629109566.png
278 KB, 500x381
>>29938074
>>
I buy shitty Mossbergs and wear the shit out of them, sells them to idiots for almost what I pay for them, and then buy more.

Every now and then, I even might fix one.
>>
>>29941256
so you lose money on purpose?
>>
File: neckbeard_lighter.jpg (78 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard_lighter.jpg
78 KB, 640x533
>>29941192
You are defending the anon who plays cowboy with a loaded gun without using a safety or trigger discipline. This anon also runs around his house dry firing his weapons going "pew pew pew". So you mean to tell me that this same anon would never accidentally fuck up huh? He would never accidentally discharge a gun he thought empty, or be startled by a bird hitting the window while his finger happened to be on the trigger. Never.
>>
>>29941258
If a nominally functional gun is worth what I paid sure.

I usually wait until the carrier is about to worn to lift the lug. At that point, there are enough other issues in most guns that I just get more.
>>
>>29941259
I'm not defending anyone by pointing out that the notion that
>Fuck ups are bound to happen no matter how skilled or disciplined you are
is simply ludicrous
>>
>>29941275
Human beings are not perfect. They do fuck up. We fuck up less when we are careful and know what we are doing but the chance to fuck up is still there. Unforseen and unplanned events do happen. To say otherwise is ignorant.
>>
File: Weird things you do.png (262 KB, 1669x909) Image search: [Google]
Weird things you do.png
262 KB, 1669x909
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.