[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ate too many advil one time and got involuntarily committed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 1461103678931.jpg (31 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1461103678931.jpg
31 KB, 601x508

I didn't really realize it until now but I'm completely fucked, I'm no longer a free citizen the way I see it

I'll never be able to legally buy a gun or maybe even join the park service now (always been my end goal) because I was young and tried to "kill myself" over some dumb cunt

I'm not even depressed any more and I don't take medications/see a shrink
>>
Thats not how it works anon
>>
>>29933795

I thought NICS shot you down if you had an involuntary
>>
>>29933795
Explain?

>>29933787
Sorry to hear... I wish the government would treat psych. ailments like physical ailments and understand that healing is possible.

At the end of the day it is all about liability.
>>
>>29933795
If you're involuntarily committed to a mental institution you're not allowed to own guns.

>>29933804
They do. And if it's not in the system it's one of the questions on the 4473, which is a federal offense to lie on.
>>
>>29933810

I still see a therapist and go to a DBT group but medication always made me feel worse and I genuinely feel I'm over the bad part. I didn't realize NICS looked at EVERY involuntary as if you were raving mad schizoid and wanted to harm yourself and those around you.
>>
>80% AR lowers
>80% 1911 frames
>antiques
>cap and ball revolvers
>being lucky enough to buy some via private sale
>learn machining and welding and do parts kits

Granted most of these aren't legal options, but who's gonna know unless you go around bragging or saying things you shouldn't be saying??
>>
>>29933787
Fuck you dave
>>
>>29933787
How the fuck did you do that?
>>
>>29933995

100 or so and called 911 immediately

I had perfectly good xanax around at the time too if I really wanted to die I could have made it happen but nah I did it for attention and now I've gotten my fourth speeding ticket so to speak
>>
>>29934007
Oh. Well in that case you deserved it. Enjoy the black powder guns.
>>
>>29934007
Are you a fucking retard? It was probably just Darwin trying to make the world just a little bit better.
>>
File: DSC12023.jpg (6 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
DSC12023.jpg
6 KB, 221x228
>>29934007
Looks like you've 'Ad enough, bub.
>>
>>29933787
Pretty sure you can get that cleared if you didn't assault anyone with an ax or anything.
>>
>>29933787
Move to europe.
We are noguns ( more lik nofunz amirite) to begin with. You'll be a total normie.
>>
>>29934057
This, look into having your rights restored
>>
File: 1462502502308.gif (1 MB, 397x307) Image search: [Google]
1462502502308.gif
1 MB, 397x307
>>29934029
Fucking Zodiac Killer but well played.
>>
>>29934007
Cabela's has a Pietta 1851 Navy on sale for $150. Knock yourself out.

Best part, next time around you can just kill yourself with it!
>>
>>29933787
After so many months you're fine. If you're not sure ask a lawyer, not a bunch of crazed people on /k/
>>
File: 1459985460453.jpg (31 KB, 500x408) Image search: [Google]
1459985460453.jpg
31 KB, 500x408
You're a fucking dipshit OP. I'm a crisis worker and deal with people like you all the damn time. They should have offered you to sign a voluntary commitment form to go to a hospital. Most people I deal with, even mentally retarded people, sign a voluntary commitment form. The only people that refuse to sign them are people who are very severely mentally ill. Either they didn't give you that choice, which you should have pursued legal action over, or you simply refused to go voluntarily. Either way, it's your fault that you can't own guns now. Let this be a lesson to all the needy faggots out there who decide to off themselves by taking pills, that shit never works. If you're going to kill yourself, fucking do it and do it right. If you won't do it right, pick up the phone and get some information about who to talk to to sort out your fucked up emotions and lack of self control.
>>
>>29934007

I'm OK with you never owning guns. You seem to be the beta type that would shoot up a school for attention.

Your actions do have consequences. Own up to what you did, get better, and move on. Don't expect the rules to be changed because you are a good guy. Sorry your parents didn't teach you that sooner.
>>
>>29934007
see
>>29934731
Just want to add that if you overdosed, there should have been a mandatory 24 hour period where you wait in the examining hospital to be medically cleared before they ship you to a psych ward somewhere. There would have been ample time to explain to you what would happen to you if you didn't go in voluntarily. They would have read your rights to you explaining this once they petitioned to have you involuntarily committed. If they never read you your rights, you have a million dollar lawsuit on your hands if the statute of limitations hasn't run out, which it probably has
>>
>>29934731
So, if they set me in a separate room and made me sign a bunch of papers before taking me into the mental hospital, that's pretty much the voluntary commitment form?
>>
>>29935406
Pretty much. Unless they were papers that had to do with disclosing your personal health information to other hospitals and health care providers or allowing them to bill your insurance company. You should have been reading what you were signing, guy. The paper you're talking about would have said "application for voluntary emergency examination and treatment" or something to that effect. I would request your health records if you don't know for sure; if it was a voluntary admission you can still own firearms. Do you remember anyone reading you your rights?
>>
>>29933787
Way to be cunts /k/ congrats.
>>
>>29935545
spotted the attention whore
>>
>>29935406
>didn't even read the papers he was signing
Jesus. You think you should be in charge of millions of dollars in equipment and making decisions that could get people killed? Plz stay out of the military
>>
>>29935638
I'm not OP.
>>
>>29935472
I'm not OP but, I remember them setting me in a room and asking me a bunch of questions while holding the paper I was meant to sign. It had to do with if I had any current thoughts or plans to kill myself and why I was there. It's been almost 3 years, so I can't entirely remember the titles of the papers. I do remember reading the rules of conduct. I do remember them asking me on a separate occasion and making me sign for something about disclosure.

I've been trying to ask around for my medical records but, the hospital I had attended has since closed down. I was there for 3 days.
>>
>>29935675
Well you shouldn't join either
>>
>>29935718
Cool advice, thanks dude.
>>
>>29935717
Yup sounds about right for a voluntary admission. If they didn't read you your rights when being evaluated by the crisis worker chances are you went in voluntarily. If you're really not sure, call up the state police and ask if they ever had a notification of involuntary commitment filed under your name, they keep records of everyone that is admitted involuntarily.
>>
>>29935756
Thanks a bunch for the advice. It was a really stupid fuck up while I was younger and it wasn't a suicide attempt but, nothing to do with drugs. I'll give them a call right now.
>>
In a lot of states (but not all of them) you have to go in front of a judge to be involuntary committed. Check your state laws and see if you are one of them
>>
Time to buy 80% lowers.
>>
>>29936399
I was just reading about that but, my state specifically also has 'rightful persons' tagged onto the sentence. If OP was told to go to a mental ward by a doctor or sheriff, or if they did a video call without him present in-front of a judge (I think Maine allows some sort of video call?) would OP be fucked?
>>
>>29936455
Assuming his state has 'judge + rightful persons' under the certain law for committing someone involuntarily*
>>
>>29933787
>>29933795
>>29933804
>>29933810
>>29933815
A JUDGE has to commit you to a mental ward for you to lose gun rights
No other way
>>
>>29936455
>>29936489
Usually whenever I have to 302 somebody (That's what an involuntary commitment form is called in PA) I have to meet for a hearing at the treating hospital on either a tuesday or a friday. In the treating facility there are two lawyers, a representative from the county mental health administrator, the person being committed, the petitioner of the 302, and someone who records the conversation in writing. The judge is held on the phone. The petitioner will then recant whatever behavior they witnessed or whatever was told to them to lead them to believe that the committed person was a danger to theirself or others. The lawyers will be very picky with what you can recall, so knowing dates, times, and details is crucial. Once the petitioner testifies, the judge will make a ruling based on what was said. It doesn't have to take place in a court room and often times does not, but it is absolutely necessary that the petitioner attend the hearing or there is a good chance that the person being committed gets to be left go.
>>
>>29940494

OP here, convenient since I live in PA

I never went through any of that, I just met with the case worker she told me I was being committed and I signed a paper, does that mean I'm good?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.