[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here carry older guns? I'm thinking military handguns,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: cc96.jpg (253 KB, 654x1000) Image search: [Google]
cc96.jpg
253 KB, 654x1000
Anyone here carry older guns? I'm thinking military handguns, mostly. Seems like there's nothing wrong with carrying an "antiquated" design if it feels modern enough and still works.
>>
File: thisbelongstoyou.jpg (27 KB, 360x250) Image search: [Google]
thisbelongstoyou.jpg
27 KB, 360x250
>>29933131
>antiquated
sure, lots of people do
>still works
no not really
>>
>>29933140
Noice bait senpai
>>
>>29933131
>Seems like there's nothing wrong with carrying an "antiquated" design if it feels modern enough and still works.

Plenty of people still carry 1911s, Browning HI powers, and all sorts of snub nose revolvers in .38, .32, and .357.

They still kill people.
>>
>>29933131
I want a 9mm Mauser just like that in NP3 finish to protect the old parts from damage.

Such a cool unnecessarily large gun.
>>
File: mark_vi.jpg (93 KB, 900x789) Image search: [Google]
mark_vi.jpg
93 KB, 900x789
>>29933159
Anything wrong with cutting up older guns like this to better suit the job?
>>
>>29933184
No. It fucking hurts my soul but it's their property and its nice to see otherwise useless collector items find new use.
>>
>carry your broomhandle
>dindu trys to do what dindus do do
>shoot dindu
>cops take your broomhandle
>mark it, kick it down the sidewalk, let it rust, lose it, or any other manner of shit
>while waiting for your gun back they melt it down or demil it without saying anything then misplace the paperwork
>sergeant doughnuts takes it home with him
>any of the other common bullshit that happens to a carry gun

Its not a fashion statement worth making. You shouldnt carry a weapon you arent ready to lose.
>>
>>29933196

This. Its best to carry an affordable, easily replaceable modern handgun, because in the event that you do end up using it, you dont have to worry about not being able to replace your favorite antique firearm, you just buy a carbon copy of the weapon you lost at the same reasonable price
>>
>>29933194
This.

You're destroying history, and there are some people who will throw a bitchfit, but if you ant to do it, go ahead.

I'd reccomend that instead of cutting up older guns, see if there is a repro or an actual gun taht fits the niche that you're trying to fill.

No need to cut down a Webley if a snub nose .45 ACP revolver is already available.

>>29933196
This too. This is the reason I carry Glocks, a para 1911, or a 938.

They're all replaceable. And readily available.
>>
>>29933196
>>29933218
people who have no idea how the criminal justice system works
>>
>>29933239
Considering Ive lost guns to the Charleston City Police department in the past, go fuck yourself. It happens.
>>
>>29933218
Shit, not even using it. People damage carry guns all the time, and accidents legitimately happen. You are probably more likely to lose a gun than use it.

It just doesn't make sense to risk something you can't replace.
>>
>>29933131
/k/ confession time, I used to carry my Nagant Revolver for months before I bought my Walther PPS
>>
>>29933232
Ever carry a Shield? If so how would you compare the 938 to it?
>>
>>29933239
Yes it is. I didn't even kill the guy I had to shoot, and eight years later the PD still tells me they have my firearm but cannot yet return it.

It's gone.
>>
>>29933196
How likely are you to ever shoot someone?

On top of that, how likely is it that cops are going to damage a Mauser?

You live in a land of rhetoric not reason.
>>
>>29933194
Sab but true. Zero reason not to get something newer and vastly more suitable for the job but I can't physically stop anyone from doing it. Aside from trying to buy it from them.

Guess the bright side is so long as it's skillfully done at least it's interesting
>>
>>29933264
Sue them you retard.
>>
>>29933267
If you believe you arent likely to use a gun, why even bother carrying a gun? If the intent of carrying the gun isnt self defense of self or others, then what are you doing? Attention whoring? Fashion statement?

If you want to carry a Mauser for childish reasons thats fine, you can carry whatever you want. Its still stupid to put at risk a gun. Even if the cops dont even up trashing it, you may end up trashing it. Carry guns get fucked up all the time.

I dont see the point in it other than trying to be cool.
>>
>>29933245
Charleston SC? Well no fucking wonder, basing anything on that place will skew your POV on just about anything
>>
>>29933278
>sue them
>10,000 billable hours later
>the police have investigated themselves and have cleared themselves of any wrongdoing
>now pay thier legal fees because you wasted the court's time

This was how it was like for my mother to try and get her family's necklace that was passed down from the 1600's after the cops found the guys who broke into her house and 'lost' it. I can bet you some sergant's vapid whore of a trophy wife is wearing it or sold it for scrap.
>>
>>29933304
Mediocre or blatantly illegal handling of evidence and civil forfeitures is terribly common, and if you don't realize that, you are one of the many soon-to-be law school grads who will struggle to find work.

Kiddo.
>>
>>29933343
Wouldn't they have the defendant not investigate themselves? Also it should be a simple case.
>They took my property
>asked for it back for a long time, don't have it.
>"hurr we have it not giving it back"
>court tells them to pony up the item in reasonable condition or it's worth + some.
>>
>>29933304
If I may ask, why the negative view of charleston? I'm considering taking a job that would have me move there, but having never been there before, I'm not sure what to expect
>>
>>29933370
They stated that they 'lost' it and therefore didn't have to do shit to find out who last had it in chain of custody. When questioned as to how the fuck that is a legal defense the judge and DA shut it down and ruled that because Internal Affairs found that it was fine, it was fine.
>>
>>29933415
What gun did you use? Also big city cops are fucking jackasses. The local PD here is really relaxed and well mannered.
>>
>>29933366
Thank you for blessing me with your worldly knowledge great master. May I please stroke your ego a little longer?
>>
Reminds me, I need to get a shield. I don't want to lose my east german makarov, cz52, or israeli fn high power.
>>
>>29933379
Are you white?

>>29933447
Same here, my local PD is full of bros and one beady eyed count that's probably going to lose his job for being a cunt. Outside of that most police I've had to deal with seem to just reflect whatever vibes your putting. Though there is no denying that some of them are assholes through and through
>>
>>29933495
Lower and to the side, I am still angry about the Browning that Game & Fish lost into the back of their Dodge that somehow never appeared in their locker or catalog and is probably over Warden Chucklefuck's mantel.
>>
File: WaltherPP.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
WaltherPP.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>29933131
>>
>>29933131
I pocket carry a cap&ball 1861 Remington pocket revolver because yuropoor.

If it was good enough for people back then, it's good enough for me. I'm not likely to get into a gunfight with someone who carries anything modern anyways.
>>
>>29933811
Yes you will.
>>
>>29933852
>doesn't know shit
>decides to talk shit
Everytime.
>>
Regular carry?
kinda?

I rarely go into town so i never worry about that nonsense.

I do carry a Colt Navy clone whenever i go innawoods however. Which in all honesty is a few days each week, since it's how i make a good chunk of money. Makes a good companion for my flintlock since i use the same powder and projectiles.
>>
>>29933131
didnt know this until today, but carrying a revolver in kydex is probably the single most autistic thing you can do on gods green earth
>>
I carried a Broomhandle sometimes but recently traded it for another gun, so I can't do that anymore.

I do have a ~80-90 year old colt 1908 clone from Spain that I carry as a boot gun. Does the job.
>>
>>29933131

I've carried my Walther P1 plenty of times. It's almost an 80 year old design but it still dispenses 9 rounds of 9mm without failure so I don't see a problem with it.
>>
>>29934204
That's, uh, not a revolver bud.
>>
>>29934204

What is one objective reason why kydex is worse than leather?
>>
>>29934666
woops, mauser looks equally autistic
>>
>>29934696
>quick move the goalposts, he caught me being retarded

I do agree with you though. You just sound like a fag.
>>
>>29934694
one objective reason is that kydex is objectively worse than leather
>>
>>29934707
its not moving goalposts if you were mistaken, its moving goalposts if you were wrong. mauser looks fucking retarded in kydex. that is equally true to a revolver, and doesnt involve any change of stance

>im so logical hurr moving goalposts, ad hominem, spelling errors
>>
>>29934204
Its like you're some kind of Nancy boy asking to be raped by bears and tanins
>>
File: IMG_20160307_140845117.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_140845117.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Not too old but I daily carry a West German P220
>>
I want to carry one of those ruger wild west looking 6 shooters tbqh
>>
>>29933908
>new guns are illegal so it's impossible!
>says other anon doesn't know shit

U shur r dum fagit.
>>
>>29936966
>continues to talk shit even though he doesn't know shit
First of, you talk like a retard so go figure why people call you that.

Second of, I never said it's impossible, I said it's unlikely. As in not likely enough to justify carrying a modern handgun illegaly. Get off the computer and take reading comprehension classes or something.

Third of, you have literally no idea whatsoever how the firearm situation in the country I live in so you have literally no way of being right about anything regarding it.

According to statistcs, in my country with population of about 37,000,000, there are approximately 30 murders committed with firearms each year.

That 30 actually includes both failed attempts and black powder non-cartridge firearms like I'm carrying, so the actual number is even lower.

I'm also not involved with any illegal activities or gangs, so even if organized crime does have illegal weapons, I'm not someone they are going to kill with them.

Skilled machinists capable of making high quality firearms in home conditions don't go around robbing people or breaking into houses.

Most people who are desperate enough to mug people don't even those antiquated firearms are an option to them, so there is almost no way in hell they will have anything modern.

My contry is insignificant enough to be a good target for terrorist attack. We don't let almost any shitskins in, and they don't to live here either because we don't give enough free money for NEETs to live here.

If terrorist do attack, I'm unlikely to stop them even with modern hangun.

So if we sum it all up, that 1861 is indeed good enough for me and you are just a fucking idiot trying to look smart by posting stuff said by other people that doesn't apply everywhere.

Fuck off.
>>
>>29933245
Did you contact the ATF?

Misplaced firearms are kind of a big deal, one instance, similar to an airline or mail carrier losing a gun they will shape up real quick if they catch word of ATF getting involved
>>
>>29937435
>my country is insignificant enough to be a good target
I meant to not be, obviously.
>>
>>29934710
Solid reasoning there bud. Way to win an argument.
>>
>>29933553
>I'm too stupid to call the atf and a lawyer

The post
>>
File: 1404684049905.jpg (165 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1404684049905.jpg
165 KB, 1440x1080
>>29933131
>Seems like there's nothing wrong with carrying an "antiquated" design
If you think that, then it's only because you're an idiot. Think about it harder.

>carrying a piece of history
What's the purpose of a carry gun, dummy? Its purpose is to save your fucking life be being deployed to kill bad guys.
>kill bad guys
Do you think you just go home after this?
>cops come to investigate, write up a report
>you are released once they realize that it's justified self-defense
>but they confiscate the weapon
"D'oh!"
>granddaddy's high polish commercial production Colt Government model now gets a case number etched in a prominent location on the slide because cops are dicks
>gun gets thrown into a damp burlap bag with the other crime guns, then tossed into the evidence locker for 12 months to indefinitely
>if you even get the gun back, it's potentially all fucked up
>you may not even get it back because cops are corrupt assholes and might either destroy it or keep it for themselves
>>
>>29933746
>putting a grip band on a nice gun like that

This is such a niggery thing to do to a gun. It screams to the world:
>I don't know how to fucking shoot my gun and need to accessorize it to even feel comfortable holding it
>>
>>29939389
what
>>
>>29933131
The only pistol I have is a Bodeo revolver. So it's what I carry around.
>>
File: Mosin.jpg (123 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
Mosin.jpg
123 KB, 1024x682
>>29933184
People will tell you yes, but something about modifying an old warhorse so that it may once again see bloodshed just seems RIGHT.

I mean, on one hand, if you have to shoot someone with it, itll end up banging around an evidence locker for several months, but itll have served the purpose for which it was built with dignity.

On the other hand, it'll look nice in it's original condition in a display case somewhere, and maybe ever get fired at the range once in a while.

Eh.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.