[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New to knives. Got an Endura 4 at first it was really sharp,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 800x600
New to knives. Got an Endura 4 at first it was really sharp, then I overdid it on the Spyderco Sharpmaker.

I kept alternating through the 4 steps but then wondered if maybe I should avoid the course stone.

It will barely cut paper now, and I've been using the fine stone for an hour now.

Help, how do I get sharp again?
>>
trial and error. youve got a lot of steel you can fuckup on before the knife diminishes to nothingness
>>
also, spyderco uses a steeper angle than most companies. if that might be what caused you to brick the edge
>>
>>29926436
Did you read the instructions or just watch a you tube video on the sharp maker?
>>
I've found that 20 strokes on the flat side of the fine stone isn't enough, do 100 strokes for a razor sharp edge.
>>
>>29926514
Do I have to alternate 1,1,1,1,1...

Or can I do 5 on each side before I switch sides?

>>29926503
I watched half the video but the only thing missing is 1980's music while the chick is being double penetrated on the table
>>
>>29926532
>he didn't wait till the part when the second chick comes in
>>
How bout you post in the knife thread.
>>
>>29926581
Any thread over 100 posts is shit.
>>
>>29926436

That's sad OP. I can take a dull knife and 5 mins sharpening on the bottom of a ceramic cup, I can easily shave with it.
>>
>>29928575
you can hone on a ceramic cup, but i know for certain you are lying by how sharp you can get it. less youtube, more practice
>>
File: 1452233196695.jpg (25 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1452233196695.jpg
25 KB, 680x383
>>29926436
>he didn't get the based paramilitary2 instead
>>
>>29926574
He couldn't hold out long enough
>>
File: BFPsH7JkEES.jpg (552 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
BFPsH7JkEES.jpg
552 KB, 1080x1080
Thought you guys should see this.
>>
>>29928567
its been going for 3 days chief. thats where he'll get the most feedback
>>
Who /gough custom/ here?
>>
>>29929733
the shilling is so fucking hardcore.. no one is gough custom.
>>
What is the difference between the Endura and the Delica, is it just blade length because I just bought a Delica and do not know if I got ripped off. Also, any sharpening tips?
>>
>>29932281
Endura is a bigger version of the delica.

Delica has a thinner blade, makes it better for slicing.

That's all.

I'm OP and have both, para2 coming in mail, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to resharpen them.

Glad I'm trying on $60 knife instead of $200 knife.

Turns out the sharp maker video leaves out a lot of info. Such as its better to sharpen while standing.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.