[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bear Loads Jam My Glock 29
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13
File: cartridge-comparison1.jpg (563 KB, 1200x745) Image search: [Google]
cartridge-comparison1.jpg
563 KB, 1200x745
I bought some HST 200gr 10mm "bear loads" for my glock 29 and the gun malfunctioned 4 times over the course of 50 rounds. All either FTF or double feeds.

I know HST reccomends a 5 inch barrel for these loads, but the short G29 had zero issues with keyholeing.

Any idea why this ammo would have issues in the glock? The projectile is fat, but rounded.

For comparison, 170gr flat nose and 180gr sig hollow points all performed flawlessly (as one would expect with any glock).

Are some glocks just finicky about what ammunition they can take?
>>
>>29923239
Maybe the problem isn't with the gun, but your limp wrists.

On a serious note, that may actually be the problem. 200gr 10mm at full powah is nothing to sneeze at.
>>
>>29923239
I know some of those bear loads use a significantly longer projectile than the 180gr stuff, so it could just be that the rounds are too long to feed reliably.

I've never shot a 10mm glock tho so I dunno about their feed ramps or whatever.

The fact that the round nose ammo was malfunctioning and the flat and hp stuff wasn't makes me think that the bear stuff you bought is just too long overall.
>>
File: glock291.jpg (205 KB, 774x576) Image search: [Google]
glock291.jpg
205 KB, 774x576
>>29923255

I was thinking at the range that maybe i was limpwristing it, but the recoil on the bear loads wasn't noticeably stronger than the 170 and 180 stuff. I even tried to get the 180 to FTF by purposely limping it with one hand and i couldn't get it to fail.

I'm an experienced shooter but that doesn't mean i wasn't being a little faggot at the range today. Maybe i'll run another box through the g29 and see what happens. I wish i had a friend with a g20 to compare.

>>29923283

The bear load is a longer overall package yes. the projectile sticks out far and is bulky as fuck on the edges.

Still though, i feel like if you have 10mm AUTO ammo, that it should run in any 10mm pistol, especially a glock. Maybe i'm wrong about that and there is some shit factory 10mm out there, because this stuff shot like someone's bad reloads.
>>
>>29923239
>keyholing

Protip the barrel length (and twist rate for that matter) are not going to make your HST's keyhole. That is a 5" recommendation for velocity (and in turn reliable expansion/penetration)

also, those aren't double feeds you are getting. That is a failure to extract/eject compounded with a failure to feed underneath. It may sound pedantic but it they are not the same thing.

Also, part of your issue is probably related to the fact Federal does not make a 200gr HST
>>
>>29923239
Some if the 380 glocks are picky about ammo. And 10mm hard cast shit can tumble out of the g29, but I've never heard of any feed issues with 10mm glocks.
>>
>>29923342
>Also, part of your issue is probably related to the fact Federal does not make a 200gr HST

I'm fucking retarded. I meant to type HSM, which is the manufacturer of said bear loads.

Some boutique ammo manufacturer out of Montana. Sorry about the confusion i'm dumb.
>>
>>29923342
Re read his post. Context provided in the text shows he isn't talking about Federal HST.
>>
>>29923239
>Are some glocks just finicky about what ammunition they can take?

You bought a subcompact 10mm like a retard, that's why.
>>
>>29923389

The g29 is roughly the same size as the g19/g23. It's more of a compact than a subcom.

The slide is thicker than your dad's dick.
>>
>>29923315
>The bear load is a longer overall package yes. the projectile sticks out far and is bulky as fuck on the edges.

Honestly senpai that sounds like the issue.

Assuming you weren't being a faggot with your grip.
>>
>>29923365
>HSM

I've heard more than a few complaints about the consistency and power of this shit. There are crimped and bulged cases that won't feed and the ammo isn't even that hot.

Basically a waste of money when you can get the same ballistics and actual reliability from regular mass production 10mm ammo.

Get some buffalo bore hard cast if you want some good powerful 10mm that actually cycles.
>>
>>29923411
The G29/G30 is the most retarded pistol they put out.why they fuck they tried to make it slightly smaller than the G19 I have no idea and the pinky extension is practically mandatory so wtf glock
>>
>>29923572
>buffalo bore
>10mm
>good

I keep a magazine full of this stuff for my Stock(except for TLR 2 HL-G) Glock 20 and it works Wonders.
>>
>>29923716

If someone wants to carry a hi-cap .45 or 10mm compact pistol the 29/30 are without equal.

More firepower than a 1911, but of course in a thicker package.

I think they have their own place in the market.

Plus, with the g29 you're just a barrel swap away from a .40 S&W or .357 sig fun.
>>
>>29923239
You've just discovered Glock's dirty little secret. The 10mm models are picky as hell about ammo.

I have been through TWO Glock 20's - first a Glock 20 Gen 3, then a Gen 4 - because they couldn't feed Underwood 180 grain and 200 grain TMJ loads reliably. Been called all manner of names online from upset Glawkbabbys who didn't believe that the problem lied with the gun and instead blamed me. I also ran into dozens of other Glock 20 owners who SUPPOSEDLY could feed that exact ammo "flawlessly," but, again, given that I had the same problem with two different guns, I think they're all full of shit and liars.

I tried the gun bone stock, as well as with an aftermarket barrel. I tried it with the stock recoil spring, with a 20 lb recoil spring and 22 lb spring. I can shoot a large number of other snappy handguns without limpwristing, but went so far as to videotape myself at the range to make sure. I also had the gun malfunction while other people were shooting. All combinations resulted in a malfunction rate of about 1-5%, way too high for a Glock, and unacceptable for a gun that I want to rely on for wilderness defense.

Since ammo for the gun is expensive, it's hard to do a whole lot of testing. I never had a malfunction in about 500 rounds of PPU "hollow point" practice ammo, nor with a few boxes each of some other brands, but I haven't don't enough testing with enough types to say that with a lot of confidence it's only the Underwood loads that it doesn't feed well. I really just bought it so I could shoot the 180 grain Underwood TMJ's, since those are hot-loaded and relatively affordable.
>>
>>29923572

Yeah i'm reading reviews online and this does seem to be a problem.

I guess i should start reading reviews of ammo before i purchase it.

It was a glawk though so i figured i could feed it dog shit and it would still work. Heck, this stuff was priced and marketed as a step above the mass produced 10mm on the shelves. But from the sounds of it, the QC on the HSM stuff is sometimes bad enough that it would FTF in any auto pistol.
>>
just got a new G29, but only shot two magazines of the HST 200 grain. It all went off just fine.

Ran about 300 rounds of Remington 180 gn, and it malf'd 4 times with my gf shooting it, no malfs for me. 3 of her malfs were light primer strikes. I'm hoping cleaning out the striker channel will fix it, or just more rounds through it.
>>
File: Captionbotmaymay.png (382 KB, 848x739) Image search: [Google]
Captionbotmaymay.png
382 KB, 848x739
>>29923876

Damn that sucks man.

I was shooting sig sauer 180gr HP and PPU flat nose FMJ without a single issue so i'm hoping that I can run a few hundred more rounds of each through the glock without any hangups. Then I think i'll be confident enough with the gun to replace my woods-gun ruger gp100 with the G29 (which is why i bought the fucking thing in the first place).

No more HSM, but i think i'll try some buffalo bore and maybe even some of the underwood you mentioned having issues with. Just to see what i can and cannot run through the gun.

>tfw your first glock malfunctioned more in one trip to the range than all of your other guns combined.
>>
>>29923930
For what it's worth, I never had a malfunction with a "standard pressure" loading, like PPU, Hornady or American Eagle. I just picked up some Sellier and Belloit 10mm from SGAmmo recently for only $15/box and I expect it will feed just fine, although I'm not expecting a bear load. From conversations with Glock, they only recommend this "standard pressure" factory ammo.

Hot-loaded ammo for the gun is expensive, and thus I'm reluctant to buy too much just to test something out, but next time I buy ammo, I'm going to try out 3 or 4 boxes of DoubleTap's 180 grain FMJ loading. It's new on their website, but it's priced right, at about $30 per box. The Underwood stuff was my ideal loading, and I even bought like 600 rounds of it initially, thinking, "Glocks can surely feed anything" and that I didn't have to worry about compatibility with my gun. I eventually sold the last few boxes of that crap on Armslist because I just didn't want to fuck with it anymore.
>>
>>29923888

Did you clean/oil the weapon before shooting it the first time?

Maybe you got too much oil in the firing pin/striker area.
>>
>>29923986
>Glocks can surely feed anything

This was my thinking as well. :(

Apparently that doesn't apply to the 10mm and some .380s (but then again what .380 doesn't have ammo issues?).

I was just glad it cycled my 180 HP rounds. I bought a few boxes before i even fired the weapon. Once the HSM started malfunctioning, i ran like 4 mags of expensive HP ammo downrange just to be sure i'm ready for the happening. haha.
>>
>>29924004
I did clean it, and was careful not to get any oil near the channel, but may have got some in there anyways. I'm going to take a close look at it before the next trip to the woods.
>>
File: no_idea.png (383 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
no_idea.png
383 KB, 1280x800
>>29923239
>HST recommends a 5 inch barrel for these loads
>Any idea why this ammo would have issues in the glock?

>HST RECOMMENDS A 5 INCH BARREL
>ANY IDEA WHY

>5 INCH BARREL
>WHY
>>
File: Ducreux1.jpg (325 KB, 791x783) Image search: [Google]
Ducreux1.jpg
325 KB, 791x783
>>29924109

Still longer than your pee pee desu senpai.
>>
>>29923876 again.
See, this is exactly what I was talking about. Look at this Glawkbabby damage control in >>29924109. They'll do this throughout your whole thread and they'll never doubt themselves about it.
>>
>>29924136
>ammo manufacturer gives recommendations
>ignore recommendations
>it's the pistol's fault
OK
>>
>>29924125
Rekt and kek'd
>>
>200gr 10mm
>subcompact
pick one
>>
>>29924147
>implying the length of the barrel has anything to do with how well an ammo feeds into the chamber
>ignoring several other people who had problems with their Glock 10mm's using still other brands of ammo
>"i'm right, tho"
Sure, you are.
>>
>>29924136
the babby is you, Guccifaggot
>>
>>29923830
Oh function is fine and all but I just don't understand why that decided to go .2" shorter in barrel length and then making the grip so short that everyone goes and makes it bigger. They could have gone legit G19 size + a little thickness, but instead it LOOKS like a giant g26.

I know im just nit picking, but even if they we're thinking "you can always make a small gun bigger" it's not like it was a pocket gun to begin with
>>
>>29924172

It is an awkward size for sure.

I put pierce grip extensions on mine before i even fired the gun. And I have barely medium sized hands.

I dunno how the fuck hickock45 loves those little glocks so much when he's walking around with two catcher's mitts for hands.
>>
>>29924164
>implying the length of the barrel has anything to do with feeding
take this argument up with the party who made the claim (the manufacturer)

not ignoring people who have problems with subcompact 10mms of any make, like i said

>200gr 10mm
>subcompact
pick one, if this shit doesn't work it doesn't matter which fucking brand make the pistol
>>
>>29924204
OK, if you think you're smarter than everybody else, then explain what it is about a "subcompact" 10mm that makes shooting 200 grain bullets physically impossible by design, or whatever the fuck it is that you're saying.

Also, the Glock 20 isn't a subcompact, so yes, you are being willfully ignorant just for the sake of your ego.
>>
>>29924199
>I dunno how the fuck hickock45 loves those little glocks so much when he's walking around with two catcher's mitts for hands.

Every time I see him or john with a sub-compact I think "man that thing is tiny". And then I handle one in person and am reminded that those two are about the size of the average super mutant. His thumbs are so strange
>>
>>29924258
>willful ignorance
if you re-read the fucking OP you'll notice the OP has a glock 29, not a glock 20

>think you're smarter than everybody, huh?
fuck yeah i do retard.

>explain why a super fucking small gun in 10mm doesn't work well?
YOU TELL ME
>>
>>29923239

>he bought a glock

>he bought a glock for self-defense
>>
>>29924263
>His thumbs are so strange

They're like two old white-guy dicks.

He can finger blast mrs. hickock45 to the moon and back with those fucking things.
>>
>>29924289
>super fucking small gun

i'm not he guy you're arguing with but It's really not that small. Way bigger than a 26/27.
>>
>>29924325
>>29924325
fight me
>>
>>29924289
>if you re-read the fucking OP you'll notice the OP has a glock 29, not a glock 20
So? The chamber size and feed ramp angle are identical across both guns. The elements of the design that directly affect the feeding are exactly the same, so if some ammo feeds or doesn't feed in a Glock 20, the same should happen with a Glock 29. The velocity loss is only a a few hundred fps, so the recoil is practically the same as with a longer barrel, if not slightly higher due to the heavier bullet. You do know that Glocks have recoil-operated actions, right? Don't answer, since I know you have no idea.

>>explain why a super fucking small gun in 10mm doesn't work well?
>YOU TELL ME
You're the one making the claim, kiddo. Nobody asked you to make claims that exceed your level of knowledge or ability to explain. You did that all by yourself. I already know that you're an idiot; I think we all do. I'm just giving you a chance to elaborate because I want you to know this too.
>>
>>29924347

ok let's go irl
>>
Polish the fuck out of the feed ramp and chamber surfaces facing the magazine

That's about it.

If it's an exposed lead bullet, clean your gun a little more often.
>>
>>29924356
you yourself have already posited the claim that 10mm subcompacts are unreliable implicitly in your question. i will accept your proceeding statements as admission of defeat
>>
File: 1452481829199.gif (923 KB, 424x240) Image search: [Google]
1452481829199.gif
923 KB, 424x240
>>29924470
Have a (you).
>>
>>29923716
30S is gud you nigger faggot

Glock's worst pistol award goes to the Glock 41. No lightening cuts like the 34/35, and using 30s dimension slide width wise ends up being too light in comparison to 21 and that reciprocating mass increases felt recoil over the 21 which is a soft shooting .45
>>
>>29924498
>Glock's worst pistol award goes to the Glock 41

That would have to be second place to anything .45 GAP.

How anyone can own one of those with a straight face is fucking beyond me.
>>
>>29924532
>how anyone can own any modern pistol in any .45 caliber with a straight face is fucking beyond me
FTFY. The .45 GAP was a great idea (make larger caliber Glocks easier to hold for people with smaller hands) based on the flawed premise that bigger holes = deader baddies.
>>
>>29924470
>you yourself have already posited the claim that 10mm subcompacts are unreliable

I think a 10mm SC would have to exist first
>>
>>29924498
So it's simultaneously too light and not light enough
>>
>>29924584

Say what you want about ballistics and capacity, at least the .45 acp guys aren't shooting a dead caliber.
>>
>>29924433

I worry that i'll take off too much material. :o
>>
>>29924665
>he says as he orders a .357 Sig drop in barrel for his Glock 21
>>
>>29924665
Different non -glock anon here,
It doesn't seem to be that dead, $20 a box is better than 5.7 at least.
http://gunbot.net/ammo/pistol/45gap/
>>
File: glockfags-btfo.gif (2 MB, 461x259) Image search: [Google]
glockfags-btfo.gif
2 MB, 461x259
>>29923239
The ammunition is produced by bears and designed to jam your gun, allowing a charging bear to maul and eat you.
>>
>>29925895
PSA has been selling 5.7 for $14 a box for American Eagle and $18 a box for FN.
>>
File: xT1XGCGtZatV8mIuIw.gif (2 MB, 197x182) Image search: [Google]
xT1XGCGtZatV8mIuIw.gif
2 MB, 197x182
>>29926347
>>
>>29923239
>for my glock 29
>my
Am I the only person who can spot noguns?
>>
File: feelsgoodman.jpg (46 KB, 610x335) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodman.jpg
46 KB, 610x335
>>29927646

I've been hasguns since before your mom farted you out of her cut you silly little rascal.
>>
>>29928210
Time stamp a Glock 29 with the bear loads then instead of posting google images.
>>
File: 5.7.jpg (84 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
5.7.jpg
84 KB, 540x360
>>29927537

Watch this gif while listening to Rap God.

Totally worth it.
>>
>>29928450
Lol who would lie about something so mundane?

>timestamp ur glawk and bear loads here derp

You have the imagination of a retard kill yourself.
>>
>>29928600
Thought so. You noguns are so easy to spot.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.