[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Analyzing your marksmanship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: asdftergfdsgfdas.png (360 KB, 610x604) Image search: [Google]
asdftergfdsgfdas.png
360 KB, 610x604
Just saw this on my daily dorkus perusals and thought you guys might appreciate it.

Some dude uses mathematica script AKA "The Wolfram" to examine his spread. Anyone have any recent pics of targets they fired on and want to post ?

http://community.wolfram.com/groups/-/m/t/855239
>>
>>29922896
>that wheel

literally irrelevant to semi auto pistols.

Why does everyone still use this shit? I hate this meme
>>
>>29923094
other people push it, and people like me (and the OP apparantly) are new and don't know better.

these bros
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-388219.html

seem to be in favor if it when dry firing.
>>
>>29923094
kek leave it to math nerds, i guess

have a better image to perform a proper analysis?
>>
>>29923143
>http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-388219.html

Those "bros" don't know what they don't know about pistol shooting. If you want to learn I recommend reading on pistol-forum.com. Specifically look for posts by "Les Pepperoni" (USPSA GM), "Mr. White" (USPSA M, shoots competition from concealment), "Surf" (Police firearms trainer in Hawaii + shoots like a USPSA A or M), "nwhpfan" (cop, USPSA M), and SLG (federal LEO and firearms instructor at his agency). I think you'd be nuts to take shooting advice from random internet tards with no background and no way of proving their shooting ability.

Specifically talking about slow fire accuracy, placing accurate shots is deceptively simple. Just align the sights properly and press the trigger without disturbing that alignment. The common ways of disturbing the alignment depends on what firearm you use (eg most people tend to shoot Glocks slightly low left) as well as hand size and trigger finger placement. Analysis by this stupid ass wheel diagram cannot take any of those factors into effect. For example, someone pushing low left with big hands on a CZ SP01 does so for different reasons than someone pushing low left with small hands and a Glock 17. You need experience and some measure of self-diagnosis to work this stuff out, not a stupid ass wheel of bullshit.
>>
>>29923143
>thehighroad
>>
>>29923423
it's not complicated. hence, it can be made into a diagram of bullshit. if it were that complicated, you wouldn't have it as a hobby, simpleton.
>>
File: image.png (40 KB, 626x626) Image search: [Google]
image.png
40 KB, 626x626
>>29922896
Fuck that.

Pic related is the ONE, TRUE accuracy target that will tell you all you need to know about gitting gud.
>>
>>29923445
Maybe you should try writing in a coherent manner because that makes no sense.
>>
>>29923492
Do you need help with the English language?
>>
>>29923509
Why don't you actually tell me what I wrote that was wrong? Firearms "instructors" (usually old fudds with a NRA cert) have been telling people incorrect information for years and that shit spreads like wildfire. Then they come up with all kinds of retarded verbiage to describe different ways of pulling the trigger (eg: "mashing," "slapping," etc). Of course this verbiage means nothing to people who don't really understand what is meant by mashing vs jerking vs slapping vs whatever.

Because they lack diagnostic ability they try and make stupid ass charts that may or may not describe the actual mistakes people are making. Just look at the "breaking wrist up" portion of the OP's image. Who the fuck is breaking their wrist up while pressing the trigger? It's not hard to hold your wrist still while shooting, that much should be common sense. You might as well tell me "you moved the gun, that's why you missed." At least in my experience this is a follow through issue (especially on the last shot of a string) where people start to look over their sights to see the target. But of course this chart doesn't understand the difference between that and being retarded and moving your wrist while shooting.
>>
File: Nastřel.jpg (915 KB, 2421x1857) Image search: [Google]
Nastřel.jpg
915 KB, 2421x1857
>>29923461
Whoa, it really doesn't lie !
Furrfag here !
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 523x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 523x720
>>29923461
Wrong. THIS is the one true diagnostic target.
>>
File: furry-spread.jpg (67 KB, 610x611) Image search: [Google]
furry-spread.jpg
67 KB, 610x611
>>29923648
Here's a rough overlay of your results. More used target sheets would improve the heat map.
>>
>>29923461
>>29923855
>mfw shooting high with my glocks

Pretty accurate tbqh
>>
File: Baby Hermann.jpg (21 KB, 300x187) Image search: [Google]
Baby Hermann.jpg
21 KB, 300x187
>>29923634
>But of course this chart doesn't understand the difference between that and being retarded and moving your wrist while shooting
of course, the solution to that is to add more points to each section. it's a troubleshooting aide, not a rosetta stone. if needed, simply label the sections and write the potential errors off to the side. it's a straightforward process of elimination, and there are a finite number of things that can be happening for the projectile to be landing in each section. the chart is a good start, despite the hissy fits thrown by you and the other super genius people who love impotently shitting on things.
are you mad because you didn't make the chart first? I don't understand why you wouldn't add to the thing or make corrections instead of just saying it's useless while at the same time describing how you could use it to make a better diagnosis. you must have been in all the advanced classes.
>>
>>29923946
for me too ;)
>>
>>29924479
Want to have sex
>>
>>29924485
i'm waiting for gay marriage
>>
>>29923984
Okay, I'll add a fucking flowchart to the low left section, asking how big your hands are, what model of firearm you shoot, what the trigger reach is, what the trigger weight is, and whether you have trigger finger drag on the right side of the frame. Or I can use my brain and experience to make a heuristic based judgment and save a little time.

As for "describing how you could use it to make a better diagnosis" I don't see how I did that. You don't need a wheel to understand the concept of diagnosing shooting errors off the holes in the target. People have been doing that for literally hundreds of years, long before some faggot printed out this stupid circle. The fact of the matter is that depending on the firearm and the shooter, there can be many reasons for any shooting error, and sometimes multiple errors are confounded. A chart like this is no substitute for knowing "what right looks like" and ultimately steers people in the wrong direction by telling them "don't do this" instead of telling them "do it like this."
>>
>>29924642
Look, I get it. Reading and writing are hard.
"what right looks like" can never be described, only felt in one's loins as Experience and Hundreds Of Years Of Tradition have shown us. Charts are bad. Hiring instructors is good. I get it, we get it, everyone gets it. Hire an instructor. Don't take anyone's word for it. Except the instructor's. And if two instructors disagree, just ask who is older and how big their hands are to determine whose experience is worth more.
I GET IT. Math is hard for some people, too.
>>
>>29924931
Jesus christ, you retard. Good job spinning up a bunch of shit I never said.

I'm self taught. Don't particularly see the value in paying $500 to stand on a line with 25 other people and shoot drills with Larry Snickers. That being said, I accumulated a lot of information from various sources and spent a fair bit of time experimenting with various methods to see if I was getting the same results as other people. If you really want good, free shooting advice this chart is not it. There are literally hundreds of videos and articles online about how to grip a pistol, how to press a trigger, etc. If you participate in some competition shooting oriented forums you can even ask for advice directly from some very high level shooters. That being said shooting is best learned by firsthand experience. Watching someone else is maybe second best. Reading about it comes third, and letting a chart created by a clueless sharpshooter class IDPA fudd tell you what to do is dead fucking last.

If you really think you can make this chart an accurate diagnostic tool, why don't you fucking do it instead of talking shit? You have yet to even make a plausible counterargument to any of the criticisms I've made about this stupid chart, all you do is try to put words in my mouth and insult my intelligence.
>>
>>29925375
lol i'm just collecting your information so i can make a better chart as a nogunz

keep it coming, retard
>>
>>29925396
Okay buddy you really got me. I hope you realize I've been trying to share information the whole time. Just go read the damn forums I mentioned in my first post, it's where I learned 80% of what I know about pistol shooting.

If you really wanna know you can just fucking ask.
>>
>>29922896
Math major here. Regardless of the wheel itself, this is an interesting way to gauge performance. The guy in that thread suggesting an over-time progression chart might be on to something interesting, too. I'll have to start writing the date and time on my targets.
>>
>>29925695
you can also shoot bullseye targets like a b8 and count points
>>
File: 1462437220386.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1462437220386.gif
2 MB, 500x375
>>29925396

After reading this internet fight, I have determined that you, anon are a fucking idiot. The dude you're trying to argue with has posted nothing but facts and relevant observations as well as legitimate advice. He told you not to take some easy image as a diagnostic of shot placement. He is correct. Yet you still hang onto this for the sake of argument. You cannot even argue coherently and you just sound like a blubbering little bitch. get fucked.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.