[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
vaguely /k/ and /fa/ related. i have recently learned there is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 161810779.jpg (424 KB, 2000x1564) Image search: [Google]
161810779.jpg
424 KB, 2000x1564
vaguely /k/ and /fa/ related. i have recently learned there is a shooting club not very far away from my city. think country club, but centered around hunting, skeet/clay/trap. they have fox hunts, go fowling, turkey and pheasant, et c.

it is not cheap, at all. at the club you effective step back in time to the 1930's. cars, women, cigars, et c. one guy drove a stutz bearcat, and they have more than one Purdy gun available for "loan" to new club members.

along with the wardrobe, most are older types, and are pretty friendly. a coworker introduced me and i'm thinking of applying as a member.

is this typical of gun clubs? all the clubs i know of are just dudes that do hunting now and then and have a club house where they bitch about zoning on their trap range out in the hills.

pic is related, this is what they dress like and more or less how the entire club is (about 20 members).
>>
No, this is not normal at all - save for the focus on sporting instead of target shooting. Sounds neat though.
>>
>>29921075
you think it's worth joining? this club dates back to the 1920's as far as i've been able to find out. local judge was a member in the 60's even.

the entry fee is affordable yearly, but isn't small at all. here's some stuff you can get from joining:

1. access to the club house, grounds, hunting properties and lodges, reduced or free equipment rental
2. access to club owned tools or shop equipment
3. seasonal hunting excursions
4. reduced taxidermy and upholstering services
5. reduced gunsmithing and fitting services
6. access to club dinners and events

they own the nicer of the two local shooting ranges and i was curious about getting access to the skeet range which was "members only" which was when i started asking around.
>>
>>29921075
>No, this is not normal at all
>>29921041
THIS!

Be suspicious of time travel!
>>
If you have the money, do it.
>>
>>29921113
it's 15k per year. i'll think about it some more, but barring finding anything seriously weird, i'll probably do it.
>>
>>29921094
>all that stuff
lemme guess, it's england ?
if you are into listening to rich people gossip and like being stabbed in the back then yeah, join it, otherwise just find an other shooting club
>>
>>29921118
nope, it's in the US, specifically northwest vermont
>>
>>29921124
ah usually everytime i hear about this type of club it's always in england.

well, if that's your thing and you have the money, join it
>>
>>29921133
i've never been a member of a gun club before, what can i expect overall?
>>
>>29921115

Jesus fuck 15k a year is way more then I personally would spend on a club membership.
>>
>>29921149
that's what has me hesitating. the benefits are reasonable for the money asked, and the rental guns vary greatly from NFA through expensive boutique pieces. free ammunition as well if you are using a club gun. so there's that. half off bespoke clothing and outfitting, and various other services. so don't think it's "not worth it" in so far as "it's really expensive".
>>
>>29921139
i suppose you can expect the average club stuff, this one seems to be centered more about hunting so most of stuff the shop will sell will be hunting ammo and accesories.

their "Old fashion" is probably roleplay of some sort, instead of trying to always move into modernism they try to stand back and shoot guns from that period ( like cowboy shooting )

taxidermy is only good when you are prood to show off your trophy and telling story on how you got them, or just have something to remember
>>
>>29921139
Nobody on /k/ is going to be able to tell you what to expect because nobody on /k/ has 15k a year to drop on gun club membership to a place like this.

If it isn't unique, it's pretty god damn close.

Assuming you're not full of shit, of course.

You can ultimately expect what's on the benefits list - and a lot of ass kissing besides, from the sound of it. 15k a year buys an awful lot, just beware of diminishing returns
>>
>>29921172
from texting my coworker, they have a yearly raffle for a "big 5 hunt". not sure what that is, but it involves traveling with a guide for the better part of a month.
>>
>>29921179
fair enough. i've recently been made into a junior partner at a law firm, so while it isn't chump change, it isn't exactly breaking the bank. i mostly post on /fa/ so i wasn't sure what other board to ask considering the venue.
>>
File: once-before1_yfi6ae.jpg (23 KB, 640x190) Image search: [Google]
once-before1_yfi6ae.jpg
23 KB, 640x190
>>29921041
Like that other dude said, you gotta watch out for time travelers.

If you see a guy with a blonde mullet you need to run
>>
>>29921181
>but it involves traveling with a guide for the better part of a month.
i knew a few guys who did that

you get to go innawoods and hunt for a few days, on top of that the guide would make you travel around the area a bit so you can visit cool stuff

but
>big 5 hunt
that's african stuff i think, not american
>>
>>29921192
>>29921181
The Big 5 is a large, dangerous game hunt. It is expensive, and one of those "one of a lifetime" things.

1. African lion
2. African elephant
3. Cape buffalo
4. African leopard
5. African Rhinoceros
>>
>>29921206
>>29921192
sounds pretty fun, honestly. i'll see about applying!

thanks all.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.