[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fist pistol at 19/ Texas thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: pistol.jpg (47 KB, 559x354) Image search: [Google]
pistol.jpg
47 KB, 559x354
Hello /k/, currently in the great state of Texas and have just leased onto my own apartment, currently in a low income area of Austin. Blood, sweat and 2 minimum wage jobs, along with community college have been my current situation. But I have an amount of 600$ too ensure muh "safetys" against unwanted threats, I can legally own a handgun/ammo at 19 but can't directly buy considerably, I do enjoy the fn 9mm, but any other suggestions for a young buck in a very dangerous and big world?
>>
>>29920059
>I can legally own a handgun/ammo at 19

Yes and no.

Technically it can be in your "possession". Best example would be your father "giving" it to you. That's your best bet. It's not a straw purchase if it's a gift. Find a family member.
>>
>>29920078
I don't understand that law at all.
like, is one deadlier than the other somehow?
rifles have more firepower and any retarded 18 year old can get one.
but nooo, the scurry handguns can only be bought after 21.
fucking government.
>>
>>29920059
used to live on east riverside by pleasent valley.

you need a pistol in case those greasy fucking beaners try and steal your car radio like they did to mine.
>>
>>29920078
well private sale is also an option (to my knowledge) but what I was getting out of this thread were maybe alternatives for a better price.
>>
>>29920101
I understand, i also have a model 70 in 300 win mag for the time being that will have to suffice, but my truck is very dear to me.
>>
>>29920092
rifles are considerably harder to hide than hand guns
stop being an idiot. you make others look bad.
>>
>>29920137
cool, you can hide it.
still doesn't explain why i need to be 3 years older to get a pistol than i would if wanted a rifle
>>
Sort of similar situation OP. 19 and in Alabama. Family members would never purchase a handgun and give it to me, so I'm going to have to wait another year and half before I'm 21. However, I won't let that stop me from looking.

I really like the aesthetic of 1911s. Anyone have any suggestions on that front?
Also looking for get an M1A in the next few months.
>>
>>29920059
Shit man I live in South Austin and it's getting a lot more homeless people lately. Fucking vermin are everywhere. I wish we could hunt them like hogs.
>>
>>29920137
>idiot
Because he is against a useless law.
Well, at least they never became NFA items.
>>
>>29920137
If i wanted to kill people it would be better to use a rifle anyway.more versatilty.i can pick fuckers off from a distance or i could zerge rush the place.
>>
>>29920104
I did a private sale on my Beretta 92 when I was 20, but that was wisconsin.

Buying ammo is a bitch though, you mostly have to go to actual gun stores and buy ammo saying it's for your 9mm carbine rifle.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.