[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Famous /k/uotes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13
File: Joseph-Stalin.jpg (11 KB, 542x469) Image search: [Google]
Joseph-Stalin.jpg
11 KB, 542x469
Post good quotes from soldiers, generals, leaders, etc.

Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem. - Joseph Stalin
>>
>>29918152
"What the fuck was that?!?!" - Mayor of Hiroshima August 6, 1945 ~0816
>>
File: Penk guy.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Penk guy.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>29918152
God left me unfinished.
>>
File: 1457747325671.png (2 MB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
1457747325671.png
2 MB, 1242x2208
>>29918152
>>
File: bit of an problem.png (460 KB, 599x372) Image search: [Google]
bit of an problem.png
460 KB, 599x372
>>
File: Fuck.jpg (58 KB, 413x695) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.jpg
58 KB, 413x695
>>29918152
>>
>>29918152
"Good, good, we do need professionals here"
- major Nikke Pärmi, commander of detached battalion 21 (formed of volunteers recruited from prisons) after asking a volunteer what he had been in prison for and receiving "I killed a man" as reply.
>>
>"Lead me, follow me, or get *THE HELL* out of my way!"
who said this? First one to know gets a momentary satisfaction of knowing trivia that will be of no real use except getting few keks every now and then
>>
>>29920742
President Not Sure
>>
>>29918152
He never told that.
>>
>inb4 fake battleship/lighthouse transmission
>>
>>29918152

When the axe came into the woods, many of the trees said: “At least the handle is one of us.” —Turkish proverb

---------------

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward."

-Alexandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

-------------------
"The marines don't have a race problem. They treat everybody like they're black." - Gen Daniel "Chappie" James Jr.

-------------------

“There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchy”

-Alfred Henry Lewis

-------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free, because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything that I do." - Robert A. Heinlein
>>
>>29918152

"There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything." -From Hagakure

-------------

"A few honest men are better than numbers," he said. "If you choose godly, honest men to be captains of horse, honest men will follow them. I had rather have a plain russet-coated captain that knows what he fights for, and loves what he knows, that what you call a 'gentleman' and is nothing else. I honour a Gentleman that is so indeed." --Captain Oliver Cromwell

--------------

"Out of every 100 men sent to battle, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a Warrior and he will bring the others back." -Heraclitus

------------

I came into this world screaming and kicking covered in someone else's blood, I intend to go out the same way. -anon

-------------

We, Red Army Soldiers wanted to become stars of Orion when we'd die. It calms my heart to think that all the people we killed will also become stars in the same sky. As the revolution goes on, how the stars will multiply.
-Kozo Okamoto

---------------

Certainly, there's always the possibility for enthusiasm to overcome capability, but we don't do that in special operations. Hope is not a method, nor is enthusiasm.

--Colonel in the special forces

-------------------

"We may find in the long run that tinned food is a deadlier weapon than the machine-gun."
- George Orwell
>>
>>29920772
>>29920791

>When the axe came into the woods, many of the trees said: “At least the handle is one of us.”

>“There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchy”

>"We may find in the long run that tinned food is a deadlier weapon than the machine-gun."

I don't understand these ones. Someone mind explaining?
>>
>>29920825
It is like going along with a dumb plan from a politician just because they are in the same party as you

people would start to freak out and riot after missing meals for 3 days in a row

Probably has something to do with botulism or some other illness.
>>
>>29920825
second one: if people miss nine meals (or go three days without food) the society will collapse
>>
>>29920833
to further explain the axe.

The wood handle is wood like the trees, so they wont complain so much as they are chopped down.

Lots of import bans on guns have been passed by republicans, but republican voters dont freak out like they would if a democrat did it.
>>
>>29920833
the early food tins were sealed by soldering them shut using lead, which in the long run led to lead poisoning.
>>
>>29920825
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH TODAY'S YOUTH?

DO YOU NEED EVERY GODDAMN THING SPOONFED TO YOU?

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK. USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN.
>>
>>29920758
wasn't a president, but a general
>>
>>29920848
oh, that makes sense too

>tfw I have fragments of lead in my bone from being shot with a .22

Ill probably get bone cancer or be sterile or something.

jfmsuf
>>
>>29920833
>>29920848
>>29920874
>tinned food

Jesus Christ, no. Orwell is talking about the decline of people feeding themselves and instead depending upon larger and larger systems to provide them food. People are farming, hunting, gathering less which makes them more dependent on providers of food and more likely to succumb to totalitarianism if those food systems are interrupted.

This is easy, easy shit kids. I'm genuinely disgusted right now.
>>
>>29920898
I had forgotten just how pessimistic/paranoid Orwell was, therefore I didn't look at the quote form the right POV...
/excuses
>>
"I'll tell you what war is about, you've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough they stop fighting."
"If I see that the Russians are amassing their planes for an attack, I'm going to knock the shit out of them before they take off the ground."
both said by Curtis LeMay, one of the most glorious bastards to ever live.
he took SAC from a steaming pile of shit to america's premier nuclear force in just a few years.
>>
>To be fairly honest I'm too strong and intelligent to join the military. I could probably beat the shit out of any /k/ommando in a 1v1 so bad my jab would instantly cremate his body and send a bill to his mom. You autists buy guns to make up for your lack of gains.
>>
>>29920898
Oh, I didnt read your quote, just the guy asking for explanation.

I agree that Orwell probably was worried about reliance on stored food instead of being able to grow your own. and he is absolutely correct.

/better excuses than other anon.
>>
>>29920915
>pessimistic/paranoid

The dude literally saw the rise of Stalin and Hitler. C'mon.
>>
>>29920975
a lot of people did, not all of them were paranoid.
>>
File: operator chan.jpg (324 KB, 1898x1730) Image search: [Google]
operator chan.jpg
324 KB, 1898x1730
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsZMbs5PC64
>>
'now watch this drive' Bush II
>>
>>29918152
"The OP is always a faggot."
>>
>>29920997
It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.
>>
>>29918939
classic
>>
File: 11.jpg (207 KB, 780x933) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
207 KB, 780x933
>>29920769
>>
>>29921028
your quote is wrong, it's "just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you"
>>
My personal favorite,
>"Why don't you drive?"
Guess where it's from
>>
>>29921084
the movie, Drive
>>
"I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches."
Alice Roosevelt Longworth

>A based bitch if ever there was one.
>>
>>29921140
Not a movie
>>
"Don't you see that the lion is silent and yet feared, while the dog barks constantly and is despised" - Imam Shafi
>>
For its part, the M-4 (Sherman) was good in 1942, adequate in 1943 and totally outclassed by 1944. Unfortunately for American tankers, the war lasted until 1945".
>>
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” Sam Adams
>>
>>29921200
>totally outclassed by what might as well have been a handful of axis vehicles
FTFY
>>
>>29921200
Is that from that Death Traps pile of bullshit?
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 850x400
>>29921154
That was in Rescue Dawn.

She wasnt bad looking.
>>
>>29920874
Lead won't do that, it's like people freaking about asbestos, it's 90% a non-problEm
>>
>>29921226
I think so.

It just stuck with me. But i cant remember tge guys name.
>>
>What is wrong with you Abu Hajaar?
>>
For you commies.

"Five precepts of the Soviet intelligentsia (intellectuals):
Do not think. If you think — do not speak. If you think and speak — do not write. If you think, speak and write — do not sign. If you think, speak, write and sign — don’t be surprised"
>>
>>29921256
>Good shot but you roasted us too
>>
>>29921303
>actually believing capitalist propaganda
>>
>No matter how fucked you seem to be, the right kind of missiles can save your ass.
>Never bring a gun to a tank fight.
>Never bring a tank to a plane fight.
>Planes are fucking awesome.
>That said, AA units are worth their weight in gold. Even a bb gun pointed at the sky is indispensable.
>Never count on Norway to accomplish anything. Ever. Even fucking Denmark is better.
>If there's a way to fuck something up, the Swedes will find it.
>The most dangerous weapon on earth is an angry Polack.
>There is no such thing as an ineffective weapon. Only a weapon you don't have enough of.
>Quality wins battles. Quantity wins wars.
>>
File: hickok45-reviews-the-glock-42.jpg (104 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
hickok45-reviews-the-glock-42.jpg
104 KB, 660x371
"Let's wake up the gong"
>>
Bernard Montgomery, 1st Viscount Montgomery of Alamein * Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: "Do not march on Moscow".
>>
Whatever happens, we have got
The Maxim gun, and they have not.

Hilaire Belloc
>>
It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on.
>>
>>29921525
>Actually believing communist propaganda
>>
File: 1431520443579.jpg (233 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
1431520443579.jpg
233 KB, 500x485
>>29918949
>the word fuck paralleled with blasphemy religious faggotry
>f*ck
>a quote from the protagonist of a fairy tale
>patriotic GWOT bullshit

Whoever created that image was obviously very dim. You are too for posting it. Go back to facebook.
>>
>>29921054
This seems fake...
>>
>>29921784
>tips fedora
wake up sheeple and be enlightened
>>
>>29918152

I'm pretty sure he never said that. If I remember it correctly, the quote comes from a novel. Same with the old "A million is an statistic."
>>
>>29920849
its not "todays youth" grandpa
>Source: im 18 and understood what they meant
>>
>>29922237
"one death is a tragedy, million deaths is a statistic"
>>
>>29922418

Yeah, that one. It comes from a novel. He never said that one either.
>>
File: 1426570856020.jpg (110 KB, 767x431) Image search: [Google]
1426570856020.jpg
110 KB, 767x431
>>29920825
>people who want your destruction/to manipulate or change you will often turn those who are like you against you to give you the slow dick

>the difference between a civilized man and one fighting for the survival of himself and of those he cares about is less than one might think (think Hurricane Katrina)

I'll need some context on the last one but I'm not going to take two seconds to google it fuck you, a guess considering it was Blair:

>the structures and power able to be leveraged now by an industrialized society in and of itself even more horrific than simple barbarism (think bureaucratized, distanced and sustained horror such as the Holocaust), and as >>29920898 the power to withhold and control food for those unable to produce it can have a power many times greater than a gun

Hoping English isn't your first language and that is why you asked.
If not though it is good to hear new ideas and the interpretations of others, but have the courtesy to set forth your own interpretation so that others may work from that and possibly learn something they might not have thought of themselves.
>>
>>29920848
In the Napoleonic wars, the leading cause of soldier injury was bad food from lead sealed cans. Also, leaving the battlefield to forage for food almost lead to several battlefield disasters.
However a French cook figured out that he could use wine bottles for storing food and soups and sealing the bottles while under heat as a the beginning canning with a cork and bottle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Appert

Of course Champagne bottles are pretty stout and seldom don't break when dropped while running backwards in Russian Winters. :}

Botulism and lead poisoning continued in the Civil War in the US.
>>
>>29920874
No worries. I still have fragments from a nugget in my leg.
>>
>>29920898
Orwell also talked about the insidious attack of the population by people who were forced to confess of deliberately passing syphilis. Which at the time of his writing was just then being taken out with penicillin.
The guy understood that the leverage of control of resources and solutions to problems was paramount to the state coercing the masses.
>>
>>29921796
Its as old as the lighthouse in alexandria. Its only told by people who have never been on a boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvRYd8U7qGY
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpVvgNs8tqI
>>
>>29921525
>written by someone living under communist rule.

Yup, every word.
>>
>>29922145

Joke.

Your head.
>>
>>29918939
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM
>>
File: mfw.jpg (2 MB, 3112x2338) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
2 MB, 3112x2338
>>29921211
>>
>>29921211
Fucking epic.
>>
>>29920825
>>29920833
>>29920848
>>29920874
>>29920898
>>29920915
Honestly I'm pretty sure he ment that without tinned food people wouldnt of been able to wage ww1 and 2 because it would have been impossible to feed such large armies abroad
>>
File: R E LEE.jpg (69 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
R E LEE.jpg
69 KB, 960x720
>>
>>29921565
[distant BONG]
>>
>>29920791

The Orwell quote is from "The Road to Wigan Pier"

"If the English physique has declined, this is no doubt partly due to the fact that the Great War carefully selected the million best men in England and slaughtered them, largely before they had had time to breed. But the process must have begun earlier than that, and it must be due ultimately to un-healthy ways of living, i.e. to industrialism. I don't mean 'the habit of living in towns--probably the town is healthier than the country, in many ways--but the modern industrial technique which provides you with cheap substitutes for everything. We may find in the long run that tinned food is a deadlier weapon than the machine gun."

Orwell's talking mostly about how unhealthy the English were; and how that's down to industrially processed food. If you look at how many people are going to die of type 2 diabetes his point may hold true today.

>>29920898

I like this interpretation as well though.

>>29926140

Another valid point.

>War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it; the crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.