[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"anon compound bows are disgusting compared to a recurve,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1456977785787.jpg (133 KB, 1280x670) Image search: [Google]
1456977785787.jpg
133 KB, 1280x670
>"anon compound bows are disgusting compared to a recurve, a purist bow is the way better choice"
>inb4 "you just cant aim faggot"
the native americans didnt survive the europoors for a reason anons
>>
If you're shooting for skill use a recurve

If you're hunting use a compound
>>
>>29915072

Use what ever the fuck you want.
>>
>>29915072
>the native americans didnt survive the europoors for a reason anons
because of smallpox?
>>
>>29915072
Yeah, I'm sure the Indians would have beat us if they only had compound bows.
>>
>>29915072
Natives are using rifles and compound bows nowadays.
>>
>>29915081
What? There's no skill in shooting a compound bow?

>>29915181
They're too busy cashing gov't checks and drinking away their livers.
>>
File: 1458455694406.jpg (235 KB, 1280x1013) Image search: [Google]
1458455694406.jpg
235 KB, 1280x1013
>>29915072

Yeah, because the Europeans had guns, you gigantic faggot. Go buy a gun.
>>
>>29915575
And smallpox
>>
>>29915525
There is skill. There's just a lot more needed to use a recurve. Plus you can hold a compound drawn forever and that's really neat when you're in a fucking awkward position 20ft up a tree.
>>
File: trade1_oa.jpg (87 KB, 1008x311) Image search: [Google]
trade1_oa.jpg
87 KB, 1008x311
>>29915072

Because of pic related?
>>
the only people who use bows are impoverished criminals who cant own guns desu
>>
>>29916688
Or people who want to hunt deer in Sept and Oct and get first crack at the herd.
>>
>>29916668
>fire
>3 whole minutes to reload
>bow and arrow can be fired faster

anon what?
>>
>>29915072
Yes, those Europeans and their superior 1700's compound bows.

Totally.

I don't understand "modern" versions of obsolete weapons. Like wanting to shoot a bow or a musket is cool and fun, and I can respect people wanting the challenge, but what's the point in making them high tech? Even if it doesn't make them as effective as modern weapons it still seems like backtracking.

>I want to hunt with traditional methods to give myself a real challenge!
>B-b-but not too much of a challenge, please!
>>
>>29916714
Yup, which is why as we all know that the Europeans were completely slaughtered upon encountering the natives with their inferior weapons.

Also why Europeans valued bows so much, trading everything and anything they could with the natives to acquire more of them. :^)

Tune in next time for more bowfag history.
>>
>>29916712
yea i suppose that's true
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.