[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Militias?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: III_Stars.jpg (101 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
III_Stars.jpg
101 KB, 960x960
>What is your opinion of the unorganized militia?
>What are your favorite/least favorite militias?
>Opinions on III% versus Oathkeepers?
>Are they dangerous, try-hard or based?
>What are your local militias or militias you know of?
>What is your experience with the militia?
>>
>>29913069
They are try hard and cringey as fuck a lot of the time but it's still nice to see people who do more than type about moldy labia on the interweb all day
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 361x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 361x337
>>29913069
Wrong way to go about it.

If I were to run a militia, we would be a shooting sports association. We would have our meetings in garages wearing polo shirts with our logos.

And when SHTF?
>>
>>29913069
Most of the so called militia movement is drama and social ineptitude, with a good heaping of dunning-kruger effect.
>>
>>29913622
trying to hide who you are would classify you less as an armed militia and more as a dissident cell. dont try to play spy games, because some people are very good at it, and they are not games you want to lose

spies and spooks are the 1 group of people that throughout time get the death penalty
>>
>>29913703
being said, a true militia is a community, including the families therein. a militia is ideally a self reliant community, and in the case of america, abide and recognize the written law
>>
>>29913069
Oath keepers are alright. But those of this militia are just a bunch of tacticool idiots who have no knowledge of gurrelia warfare.
>>
>>29913715
>abide and recognize the written law
This is where militias get me. Some members (not all, the fringe ones) like to cite bullshit like the Federalist Papers and 1780s summits by early politicians as a precedent for disobeying current law or making citizen arrests.
>>
The only militia that I really know about around me is the Central Kentucky Militia, and from what I've seen on their Facebook page, they're a bunch of idiots.

Im sure there's a few other ones in Kentucky, but I haven't heard anything about them, so they're probably alright.
>>
>>29913069
Most of them are autism awareness clubs with some guns and camo mixed in.
>>
>this kills the pupper
>>
>>29913730
>Oathkeepers

I've had experience with Threepers, who seem cooler in practice, but all I know about Oathkeepers is that they seem more organized than Three Percenters.

The 3% is theoretically a completely unorganized movement, just another name for people who would stand up to tyranny if it ever happened, and it's more of an idea then a movement. Oathkeepers seems ore like a for-profit group of veterans and police who share a conspiratorial worldview and push a political agenda.
>>
my opinion is that the dude the government needs to worry about is the one with his hunting rifle zero'd for deer season, a 22/45 for hits, that also has a couple hundred pounds of rice and beans buried, and isnt fat as fuck. all these guys with fantasies of strapping on body armor with 15 mags strapped on their bodies are entirely delusional and mostly planning on dying in a blaze of glory in their first contact because their entire plan is engage until they get taken out. nobody around him may know that when he takes his truck to the UN food distribution point, he takes a shot at one of the zogbots then caches his rifle in a secret compartment he bubba'd while wifey was shopping at the outlet mall one weekend.
>>
>>29913069
Are we talking about American homoerotic grown-up treehouse clubs or cunts in third world armies who actually fight?
>>
>>29913850
American militias.

I photograph them because I think it's interesting, there's an actual underground movement which is pretty eye-opening.

>at militia rally by a more organized III% group
>someone approaches with his son
>identifies himself as a member of another militia
>says he'll check them out and possibly do a FTX

So random people you meet on the street in the US may actually be militiamen. There's also black armed groups like the Huey P. Newton Gun Club, which are pretty much just dangerous and used for intimidation.

My opinion of militias and patriot movements is that they mean well and try to get publicity, but are doing everything wrong. If the shit ever does hit the fan, the government knows exactly who they are, where they train and what weapons they have; They already posted everything to Facebook.
>>
File: 55211941.jpg (86 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
55211941.jpg
86 KB, 500x350
>>29913069
I would totally join a militia if they actually went out and did firearms training and outdoor survival, first aid, stuff like that. I don't really care to hear people complain about obama and how they're coming for our guns over and over again. I hear that enough, we all agree, but let's get out in the field and learn some stuff, like grown up boy scouts. My brother wants to buy some land, and I suggested putting a cabin on it and doing some training, but as soon as I said "militia" he thought it was a dumb idea. I don't want to overthrow the government, I just want to learn some stuff. GOSH.
>>
>>29914033
Omg this.

If I could hang around with a group that did room clearing, first aid, worked out, hiked, land nav, etc... I would be down as fuck. However, fuck listening to a bunch of American exceptional ism believing faggots bitch about Obama. I don't talk to my dad for a reason.
>>
>http://www.flmilitia.org/our-mission-and-guidelines.html
>DO NOT talk about or send out emails to
other members about making bombs or explosives. You will be asked to leave and reported to the authorities!
>DO NOT bring materials to make a bomb to any meetings or training we are having! You will be asked to leave and reported to the authorities!
>DO NOT talk about or email any member mentioning killing or assassinating any person or group, DO NOT do it! You will be asked to leave and reported to the authorities!
>>
>>29914033
>>29914074

III% Security Force is the only group I know of that does this. They have groups in the Southeast, Carolina, Florida, Georgia especially, Pennsylvania are the one's I've seen.

Michigan Militia is similar, but I'd avoid it because it's been blacklisted ever since they had that whole ordeal with McVeigh. Same for the Hutaree Militia.

All other 'militias' you see on Facebook and media just push propaganda. Someone mentioned Central Kentucky militia, but just look at their page. It's all low-tier infographics about Obama.

That said, even III% groups are mostly "roll over in the leaves and shoot target." Remember, 10 U.S. Code ยง 311
>you are legally a one-man militia
>>
>>29914074
there are wilderness and survival schools that do all aspects of operating minus combat and weapons tactics (Although stealth is often a subject)

the innawoods philsophy is very aged though. running to the woods is now a philosophical thing before a valid tactical option
>>
>>29914302
>running to the woods is now a philosophical thing
How durdenesque
>>
>>29914348
well, it worked for the vietnamese, so maybe im wrong
>>
Why are the FEDS making threads about III on /k?
>>
>>29914074
yeah, I hate having the same discussion over and over again. I go to my parents and talk to them about the election, and since I'm a lot more familiar with politicians stances on gun control, that's kind of my reference point (maybe it's the only thing I know about...). I used Clinton's statement about 33K people killed with guns every year as an example of how she tells half-truths instead of outright lying (2/3 of those are suicides, she's presenting the number as is it is all murders, among other thigns). Anyways, as soon as I bring that up my dad is off and running, "The 2A isn't about hunting, it's for stopping tyranny.....they're trying to take our guns away..."

YES DAD WE ALL AGREE AND WE HAVE THIS CONVERSATION EVERY TIME I COME OVER OR DID YOU FORGET. CAN WE MOVE ON?
>>
>>29913069
They are pussies.

Even when they amass some serious firepower.

Like the Oregon and Bundy types who were found with loads of explosives and guns, including an 'Idaho reporter' who was found with an unregistered fully functional M2 .50 bmg machine gun in his van.

That was more firepower then what the FBI HRT guys would pack, but he just gave up.

I think the militia movement will take a while or need to get super pissed off to get their balls back to try shit, and it will be even worse the next time with the Feds assuming the next group will cave in and the militia guys not trusting any negotiators.

If Clinton wins....that'll be enough to kick it off. Hope too much shit doesn't hit the fan then.
>>
>>29914748
you atf guys are so desperate that you would entrap the dissident community. how about instead of instigating violence so you can keep your jobs, you be happy that people arent as trigger happy as you seem to be

people thinking being a fed gave them a license to kill
>>
>>29914033
So much this
>>
>>29914670
I'd considered myself liberal for a long time because all the conservatives I'd met until 17 or so were exactly how you describe. Tunnel vision, thought loops, total absence of coherent analysis or goals aside from a vague and frighteningly unexamined sense of group loyalty. The fudds of politics.
Thank God for the likes of Milo Yiannopoulos and assorted NRx/DE intellectuals who actually make fucking sense

>>29914302
>wilderness and survival schools
Can you elaborate/point me to some? I'd like to get those skills
>>

Does anyone actually know anyone who seriously refers to themselves as this?

It's as bad as calling yourself a SHEEPDAWG
>>
>>29914792
>instigating.
On the contrary I believe if the militia actually used the staggeringly large arsenal that they would truly scare the shit out of feds and do some major damage, like imagine CLANK times 10 because the American people aren't noguns ukranians.

Of course then the government would call in the army and militias would start radicalizing or forming subgroups and boom we got Iraq 2.0 right in the heartland.
>>
>>29913069
>they use the EU's 13-star pattern instead of the one that was actually on the Betsy Ross flag
>>
>>29914845
why do you want to scare the feds
>>
>>29913069
>TFW would join a good militia in a heartbeat
>One with actual emergency plans and stockpiled provisions to protect the general populace in the case of natural disaster or government collapse.
>Standardized weapons, training, even some form of uniform.
>TFW they will always be political butthurt support groups instead

Feels bad.
>>
>>29914870
youd never practice those things on your own though. at least you have an excuse
>>
>>29914157
>I'd avoid the Hutaree Militia
Especially because of their ridiculous made-up ranks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutaree
>Hutaree members use a unique system of paramilitary ranks with titles from highest to lowest: Radok, Boramander, Zulif, Arkon, Rifleman (three grades), Lukore, and Gunner (three grades).

They probably claim that it's "reformed Egyptian" just like the mormons
>>
>>29913069
For all the people talking about adult boy scouts, a lot of states have state defense forces or state militias. As far as I can tell that's basically what they are. Adult boy scouts that have sometimes done disaster relief.
>>
>>29913622
You mean like nuggetfest or the MN meets. Several ex military spending a weekend vetting anons? Checking out their gear and shooting skills. Getting an idea who has workable personalities. Yea, that would be a good deal if you wanted a secret militia.
>>
>>29914157
>Michigan Militia is similar, but I'd avoid it because it's been blacklisted ever since they had that whole ordeal with McVeigh.

You mean that whole deal where they told that psychotic fuck McVeigh to GTFO and stay GTFO and then the old dude running it made like three dozen calls to various federal authorities warning them he was looking for serious payback over Waco and had mentioned doing just what he did.
You probably weren't even born so shut the fuck up pushing clintons narrative.
>>
>>29914868
All the feds need to do is just chill out and let people have more freedom.

Maybe if the federal guys had some bill passed that let them avoid lawsuits from SJWs always suing them for some terrorist attack to get some fired and basically play the blame game over which is why they seem to overreact. Or just give them more restricted responsibilities but keep their existing funding. Dunno if they would complain about being told to work less.
>>
I feel like that once I get some footing with my buisness, I could fund my own militia that actually is serious; No posting on Facebook, have drills and meetups with a meeting ground of some kind, and also supporting the local populous. This includes giving out blankets to people who's houses have burned down and disaster relief (PA winter for me, a NJsian is shit.)
>>
>>29917481
supporting the local populace doesnt mean after the fact. thats actually a given that your militiamen and their families are going to converge after the fact. supporting your community means being a male knitting club that takes field trips to the homeless shelter. a militia is a group of able bodied men, not survivalists
>>
>>29917481
well i misread that. either way, thinking giving blankets to people that lost their home is community support is so laughable that im now thinking you said it comedically
>>
>>29917347
I haven't researched it at all, but I know that McVeigh tried to join them. Doesn't make MM a bad organization, all it means is it's higher tier blacklist than most other militias.

They sound based, though, I'll be honest.
>>
>>29917646
>>29917633
Not that guy but his idea isn't wrong. By helping your community, even something like giving blankets people who've lost their house or repairing an old person's house you can give off a positive imagine, something most people don't have when it comes to militias. As long as you center your focus on the ability to fight all threats, foreign or domestic, and all your members work on preparedness consistently you'll be better off than most militias.
>>
>>29913703
>not calling yourself a service organization
>because you're actually a service organization
>not primarily focusing on and practicing for disaster relief
>not developing a good working relationship with your local police/sheriff department so they don't tell you to fuck off come the next tornado when people need to be handed bottled water and cots gotta get set up at the community center.
>>
>>29917839
Like how the original Black Panthers passed out community meals to the homeless. Leave a positive impression on the community.

Imho I think there needs to be more nonpartisan or even slightly left militias. Pink Pistols started to get popular. Liberals or libertarians need to stick their foot in the door and stop complaining about authoritarian government, but demonstrate they're prepared for it.
>>
>>29913508
this.
The groups that have a presence on the internet, or social media are all retarded.
The people that are capable? They don't have a list of members. They don't have posted training.
They don't advertise.
"Muh Secret Club!"
Yeah pretty much. The Feds routinely infiltrate ANY group they can. No matter how small. Be smart /k/. Don't advertise being a part of a group for militias. Go airsofting or paintballing with them. Practice your tactics here, never talk about doing them with live ammo. It keeps you low on the radar.
>>
>>29917430
>the only solution is to cause a major domestic terrorist attack, there is no way this could degrade gun rights or personal freedoms or anything...
>implying if hilldog wins the senate and house won't still be on Republican lockdown
>inb4 something something because everyone is voting for Trump, congress will lose to super unpopular demoshits because it isn't like (D) voter turnout is the lowest in 20 years because hilldog is unelectable and half the democratic party will watch the world bern out of spite.
>>
>tfw the Arizona Militia disbanned because they didn't feel liked enough

Bunch of cowards. What would happen if the military just decided not to fight because some faggots said mean words about them? If they can't handle a little bit of non support now, they would be fucking useless when shit got rough. You are supposed to fight for your countrymen unconditionally.

Not sure if there are any other militias with a strong base in AZ. I mean there are weed advocates here with more fight in them than the militia for fuck sake.

Militias need to quit whining and get to helping people. I like the disaster relief and community support and cleaning ideas.
>>
File: 1459401408218.jpg (63 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1459401408218.jpg
63 KB, 600x900
>>29913069
>What is your opinion of the unorganized militia?
Pretty cool idea and I'm happy they exist

>What are your favorite/least favorite militias?
have none

Seem like a bunch of blowhards; I'll save making up my mind on them until I really get to know what they are.

>Are they dangerous, try-hard or based?
I would judge that based on the indiviual.

>What are your local militias or militias you know of?
know none.

>What is your experience with the militia?
McNig is pretty based
>>
>>29917872
Good example. Nice to see someone analyze real groups with combat experience
>>
Why join a militia when you can join the FBI?
>>
>>29920203
Because I don't want to shoot dogs, or flashbang babies.
>>
>>29920218
What the fuck is wrong with you?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.