[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the most potent biological and chemical weapons in existence?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: 1446337152397.jpg (178 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
1446337152397.jpg
178 KB, 780x780
What are the most potent biological and chemical weapons in existence?
>>
VX
>>
>>29912335
ur mum
>>
>>29912363

Shes a nag for sure but seldom kills.
>>
>>29912335
here's a better question how would one spread it all ?
>>
>>29912335
Chemical VX of the known ones, probably not the worst of all since there's classified shit out there.
Bio some modified strain of ebola, hiv, smallpox and so on.

I'm still waiting for the grey goo though, that's a neat doomsday weapon.
>>
>>29915062
>Bio some modified strain of ebola, hiv, smallpox and so on.
Why do you think Africa is such disease shithole.
Thank the Brits for testing amercan bioweapons program there.
>>
VX and Sarin are the worst we know of.
but there's probably some weaponized ebola-smallpox thing out there somewhere
>>
>>29912335
To answer your question we dont know op.
Everything we knew about any bio/chem weapons is more than 15-20yo thats like comparing the first IBM PC to a modern desktop.
A lot of things are changed since then.
>>
>>29915095
Yar, was about to say the same.

Sarin and VX are quite possibly the most instantly lethal. Though Sarin suffers from the same problem /all/ gas agents suffer from, in that they will simply dissipate and become ineffective in open conditions.

Perhaps if their dual part agents were mixed with foaming wood epoxy. Then when the artillery shell mixes them mid air, it could air burst with the stuff - spraying rapidly expanding lethal foam everywhere that never ever gets off the damn shop floor.
>>29912335
White star is also an interesting agent, while not necessarily terribly lethal (Chlorine and Phosgene) it could crust up and linger, making little crystal mines that could puff up with the crap decades latter if you stepped on them or plowed them or whatever.

Mustard gas is much less lethal, but lingers actively on the ground. So if you're fighting sewer mutants, Mustard gas and White Star are the way to go. Especially for how stupidly cheap they are to manufacture these days, since the ingredients are readily available for industrial processes.
>>
Didnt the Russians develop some weaponized airborne ebola-smallpox-bubonic plague horror mutant virus?
>>
>>29915593
They did and it backfired hard in Kazakhstan when they had to evacuate the whole test site because of change of wind.
Also the whole anthrax deal in america is funny because the mail that was found with anthrax was American type (from 27 known species) and it had the trademark of their bio program which is very fine silicone to negate static electricity and disperse for maximum damage.
wew
>>
>>29912335
Humanity
>>
>>29912335
A woman.
>>
>>29915062
Just weaponize flu.

See spanish influenza
>>
chlorine–phosgene mix from WW1
>>
File: Red Square.jpg (363 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Red Square.jpg
363 KB, 1920x1080
>>29912335
A bio weapon that melts flesh into a giant sentient blob.
>>
>>29917441
> I'll take tamiflu for 200 alex
>>
File: image.png (9 KB, 684x597) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9 KB, 684x597
>>29915658
Tfw you attended a class taught by Steve hatfill, the guy framed as the anthrax bomber.
Tfw he mentions he was shot while in Rhodesia working in a clinic.
Tfw you notice he speaks Afrikaans when drunk.
Tfw you realize your drinking with a legit spook from the brush war
>>
>>29912355

basically this, VX has no apparent purpose other than being a really good way to kill lots and lots of people over a long period of time.
>>
>>29915062
>probably not the worst of all since there's classified shit out there.

Knowing human propensity to invent to most elaborate means possible one can only guess.
Scary stuff.
>>
Marburg.

diethylmercury

genetically engineers flu. The Division is actually about half accurate in showing how bad shit would get if a drug resistant flu pandemic with a large initial infected population size kicked off. Millions could die if the shit was released in an airport,and with a long enough incubation period, you wouldn't even know it was happening for many days.
>>
>>29912335
semen
>>
>>29917581
is metro 2034 good?
>>
>>29917916
Just started it, like 2 pages in, so I don't really have a say in it yet.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6667916-metro-2034
First link I pulled up, Google if you want more opinions.
>>
Nova 6
>>
>>29917916
not that great IMO. I think part of it is it's kind of a rough translation. I also didn't like how it skips between different characters.
>>
>>29917916
>>29918231
or did you mean the game?
Game's alright. a little bit simplified from 2033.
>>
>>29912355
EA-3148 is more toxic.
Actually there are a number of experimental agents that are SIGNIFICANTLY more toxic than VX. Novichok and others.
>>29915062
There is a lot worse out there.
Ebola-Pox hybridized from the INDIA-1 strain of smallpox was the worst I had heard of.
But there may be worse.
>>29915103
Like this anon said. We just don't know
>>
>>29917916
Its alright, 2033 is better.

The part in Nagornaya station was creepy as fuck
>>
Chlorine trifloride is some fun shit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorine_trifluoride
>It is also hypergolic with such things as cloth, wood, and test engineers, not to mention asbestos, sand, and water — with which it reacts explosively.
>>
>>29917635
You lucky bastard, buy his drinks and git some stories
>>
Dimethyl Mercury.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethylmercury

Not only is it a very potent neurotoxin. It goes through protective clothing and equipment like shit through a goose. Smell it and it is already too late.
>>
>>29912335
Two of them were used by japan in WW2. Killed millions. Biggest WMD deaths ever recorded. Other than the Plague being slung around by enemies of the crown.
>>
File: converpacksrt.jpg (18 KB, 239x376) Image search: [Google]
converpacksrt.jpg
18 KB, 239x376
>>29912335
>>29912355
>>29915062
>>29915095
>>29915563
>>29917638
>VX
>that's cute
anything in the Novichok family will very much kill any known force on earth. There is no defense, it is undetectable, it goes through any protective clothing and it's stable for centuries. Our only saving grace was that by the time A-232 was synthesized most soviet scientists thought this was a can of worms best left unopened.
The future of Bio weaponry belongs to vector carrying mutagens. look at the zika virus, think what if you can weaponize it so that you have entire populations of retards being born. Or worse, get rid of any reproduction (Children of men).
>>
File: 1416816372032.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1416816372032.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>29919721
>vector carrying mutagens. look at the zika virus
>mfw i remember 20 yeas ago border police caught people trying to smuggle viles on two occasions
>turned out to be smallpox
>it was in all the papers and caused national scandal
I never heard of what happened to those people all I know they were foreigners.
>>
>>29918282
>>29919721
>Novichok

>it's always Russia
>>
Anthrax and ricin are the first two that come to mind
>>
>>29917574
Lol no.
>>
>>29912335
Dog farts
>>
>>29919721
>Novichok
>(from Wikipedia) the precursors are used industrially and therefore are commercially available....
>>
File: RainbowRainbowRising.jpg (45 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
RainbowRainbowRising.jpg
45 KB, 300x300
>>29919450
>spill two drop of the shit on your fingers and ten monthes later ur dead
>>
>>29912335
Marxists, niggers and arabs.They are pretty much walking biological weapons that destroy nations when they appear simultaneously. I'm not even joking. You asked, I answered.
>>
>>29921114
/pol/ pls

You're trying way too hard here
>>
>>29921114
Eric Von Ludendorff in WWI released Lenin from exile in Switzerland to help stir up sedition in the Russian Empire. That worked to pull Russia out of the war and end the Eastern Front for Germany.
>>
>>29912335

Niggers and sandniggers. Known to be lethal, currently destroying civilization.
>>
>>29917916
2033 much, much better
>>
>>29921114
>>29921629
I would say just Marxists. Niggers and Arabs are easily repulsed if your country isn't full of Marxists who let them in to begin with.

>>29921157
Seriously the greatest cancer imaginable.
>>
File: 200159.jpg (44 KB, 524x329) Image search: [Google]
200159.jpg
44 KB, 524x329
>>29921649
i love when pol tries so hard but they have no idea abou what they are talking about
>>
>>29912335
Dimethylmercury is probably the most terrible neurotoxin out there, but then again it is so wildly dangerous it is utterly impractical to manipulate and has a half-life of 50 years or so so you better be ready to say goodbye to whichever place to spray with it for the next few millenias.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Wetterhahn

Compared to things like that, nukes are at most a mild annoyance..
>>
>>29922437
Ah, didn't see someone already posted about it.

>>29919450
>>
>>29912335
>Chemical
I dunno, VX fuckin scares me.

>Bio
Just waiting for some sumbitch with no ethics and a lot of time to get creative with the flu.
>>
>>29912335
The worst conceivable bio weapon is weaponized smallpox. That shit would be fucking horrible.
>>
>>29912335
John Ringo (the author) gave my biology nerd self horrible nightmares when he wrote his Black Tide universe.

>Two-part virus
>first part is a virulent flu, causing a fever that overheats the logic centers of the brain, causing insanity. Basically reduces people to even angrier bonobos. Its spreads across the world in under three weeks.
>second is a fluid borne pathogen that makes rabies look like a common cold. If the airborne virus doesn't get you, get bit, spit on by the infected and you are dead inside a day.

Infected are not dead, they wander around with no purpose other than "eat,screw,both". By the beginning of the series pretty close to ninety percent of humanity is just fucking gone.
>>
>>29922589
>Two-part virus
More like two part pathogen and its real.Watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpz-f-DgDK4

Basically bacteria spliced with virus so once already weaponized bacteria if destroyed releases virus that wreaks havoc and the person is dead before you realize that the condition is deteriorating no matter what you do.
no cure.
>>
>>29921653
But you just proved him right
>>
>>29919721
>it goes through any protective clothing and it's stable for centuries.
Proofs? There is no reasons to do stable chemical weapon. You need chemical weapon that will decompose as soon as possible after being used, to make way of your advance safe again.
>>
>>29922830
>There is no reasons to do stable chemical weapon.
Are you telling me that if you got in situation to retreat whole army you wont scorch the earth behind you for decades to come so you stop any advancement toward your positions?
wew
>>
>>29922830
It wasn't designed as a chemical weapon, it would just be a horribly lethal one.
>>
>>29912335
Whatever shit the Soviets cooked up at Vozrozhdeniya
>>
>>29922847
With planes and especially airborne, scorched earth only works as a fuck you land denial technique. Wouldn't really be an effective way to stop an advance on any time scale other than the very short term.
>>
>>29922910
It will buy you time to fortify if nothing else and AA defenses exist.
>>
>>29922952
True, but a short term weapon would be better if you ever hope to advance again. A chemical minefield would be better. Every advance triggers new gas, preferably a remote trigger so minesweepers don't work.
>>
What's left after expelling Indian food. Damn.
>>
>>29922989
You know what? I like this idea. Allow the enemy to advance to the effective range of small arms and encamp, and then set off buried sprinkler type traps that wipes out the whole army at night. Have explosive mines further out to prevent anyone escaping hell. Choose your death: fire, gas, or bullets. No one escapes the chamber.
>>
VX gas is a real contender for #1 item scientists wish we could un-invent
>>
my coworker jc's farts.
...sorry if this counts as shit posting.
>>
Cum
>>
>>29923517
You work with Jesus Christ?
>>
File: HFCS.jpg (38 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
HFCS.jpg
38 KB, 800x480
HFCS
>>
>>29923558
Only in america bruh.
That stuff in banned here because gmo corn used to produce.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.