[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you mean when you say you're left or right eye dominant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: pious man.png (536 KB, 616x637) Image search: [Google]
pious man.png
536 KB, 616x637
What do you mean when you say you're left or right eye dominant?
>I'm right hand left eye dominant my life is ruined

Can't you see with your other eye or what? I can aim with both eyes just the same
>>
If you're anything like me I have (I forget how to spell it) astigmatism. So my right eye is trash and my left eye works fine. I'm also right handed so when I pull the gun up to my cheek I can hardly see.
>>
>>29911395
Okay thanks
I just wonder how so many people have astigmatism here
>>
>>29911411
Shitty eyes checking in.

I have astigmatism, and no depth perception. One eye is near sighted, the other is far sighted.
I'm left eye dominant unless I'm focusing on something close.
>>
How to determine dominant eye:
1) close one of your eyes and continue reading
2) the eye reading is your dominant eye
>should be left eye for most righties because you are right-brain dominant and eyes are controlled by the opposite side of brain that they are on.
>>
astigmatism-3 reporting in
my left eye is legally blind but my right is perfect so i have no problems shooting
>>
>>29911490
Have the exact same thing- depth perception is shit because of it as well
>>
I have a 1-6x scope on my AR, on 1x if I look though it with my left eye and keep my right eye open I can see the reticle over the target, if I look through the scope with my right eye and keep my left eye open I see the reticle over the side of the scope.

Shooting one eye open is fine, shooting with both open is tough.
>>
>>29911523
>closing one eye makes you illiterate

No. Hold your hands touching index fingers and thumbs forming a space inbetween. Put an object in that space looking through the hiole with both eyes open. Now alternate closing your eyes the eye that does not move the target when the ither is closed is the dominant eye.
>>
>>29911637
Better method: Hold your hands up like described but overlap them so there is only a 1" hole between them. Hold your hands out and focus on something in the distance. Bring your hands all the way back to your face while focusing on the distant object. Your hands should now be centered over your dominate eye.
>>
>>29911669
That works just as well but requires moving your hands as opposed to just closing one and seeing if the object is still visible... so yeah "better" method.
>>
>>29911686
Its more idiot proof
>>
File: 1462485818289.png (889 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
1462485818289.png
889 KB, 1001x1001
Im right handed and I turn my head to use my left eye when shooting pistols and I of course use my right eye to shoot rifles. It's very natural feeling and I have no complaints about it.

I can shoot with both eyes open, which is easy to learn with practice. I tend to squint my right eye when shooting pistols so I can focus on my left eye easier. The reverse applies for rifles.
>>
>>29911783
>turn my head to look at the sights with my left eye

you're fucking retarded, just hold the pistol under your left eye
>>
File: smug.webm (446 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smug.webm
446 KB, 1280x720
>mfw right handed and right eye dominant
>>
My right eye was fucked by a cataract when I was 2~3 years old. Being right-handed/left eyed is suffering, though I'm a better shot than most of my friends are.

Also, they hate my lefty AUG. FUCK THE DEXTRARCHY
>>
>>29911395
You know you can get glasses for that right? my dad is in the army and got glasses for shooting.
>>
Freak here, I have poland syndrome and no left pectoral muscle but my right arm has an extra tricep and I look like I jerk off 24/7.

Left eye dominant.

>The shotgun chose me.
>>
>tfw ambidextrous eyes
>>
Rigth handed, Blind on rigth eye....added Laserpointer to handgun, added 32 round mag.....problem solved.
>>
>>29911669
Just tried this and found i could end up dominant on either eye depending on how my head was tilted. What the fuck does this mean?
>>
>>29911327
my friend is right eye dominant and left handed so he has to use both hands for a pistol in a isosceles stance just to shoot right otherwise he can't shoot at all and can't really shoot a rifle without being awkward and unweildly for him I feel bad so I try to teach alternate methods and such and he gets a little better just my 2 cents
>>
>>29914487
>right arm has an extra tricep
Pics
>>
>>29911327
Learn to shoot with both eyes open
>>
>>29914719
That sounds simple, but if i do that with a handgun, all i get is a view down the side of the gun. So, there's a target, and a pistol hovering in the air to the right, and a splendid view of my fingers.
>>
File: 0XBO8v2.png (527 KB, 494x594) Image search: [Google]
0XBO8v2.png
527 KB, 494x594
>>29914384
It's more natural for me to use a straight out stance/hold and then slightly turn my head one way or another.

It's not a large degree of head turning at all.
>>
>>29911327
I can't with both eyes open because I have double vision.
>>
>>29917313
I have double vision and I can shoot both eyes open fine. Just gotta not be a bitch.
>>
>>29917313
You get better at focusing on the dominant image with some practice.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.