[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prepping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: holy_wilson_get.png (48 KB, 1863x284) Image search: [Google]
holy_wilson_get.png
48 KB, 1863x284
I was told this is where I should come to make a plan for prepping. I already have quite a few guns and over 2,000 rounds of ammunition as well as a couple boxes of MREs. What else do I need, /k/?
>>
>>29907085
what are you prepping for? or do you mean just generally prepping for whatever?
lots of food and water
>>
>>29907085
Post your address and schedule so we can get into more depth with you.
>>
>>29907085
You need to give more info on what you're planning for
>>
>>29907116
Columbus, Ohio.
>>
>>29907121
>>29907104
Government take over and apocalypse scenarios
>>
Is there any sort of comprehensive guide on where to start, what to start with, an order of progression of what to do/get? Videos? I don't want any holes in my plan
>>
>>29907132
The Survival Podcast has been the best resource for me. Dude does five 1-2hr long shows a week. Shit ton of info.

There's a lot of permaculture stuff that you may not be into, but growing food is more important than most other things you're probably considering.
>>
>>29907132
You're going to need more than 2,000 rounds and a few MREs

You need years of food (mainly because you'll be eating more calories because of moving around and work) and caches of 20,000 rounds. Multiple rifles (because barrels usually last 20,000 - 30,000 rounds before they degrade in accuracy at that point).

Look into

http://survivalcavefood.com/canned-meats.html

http://www.costco.com/THRIVE%C2%AE-31,500-Total-Servings-4-Person-1-Year-Food-Storage.product.11763436.html

And save money for lots of ammo.
>>
>>29907174
>>29907132
Forgot to say, if you're doing the lone wolf shit don't bother, you're going to die horribly
>>
>>29907187
>Forgot to say, if you're doing the lone wolf shit don't bother, you're going to die horribly

Why? This dude lived for 27 years alone in the woods.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/maine/2013/05/25/north-pond-hermit-discovered-arrested-after-years-maine-woods/xSXsUlDOQVhqUMb8nkslxN/story.html
>>
>>29907085
Food and water. Know how to grow more food, and filter/purify/distill water. Learn canning, dehydrating, and smoking to preserve food. Raise chickens. Learn homebrewing and how to make soap and paper. Plant peanuts or sunflowers. With those skills and resources, you're set for making biodiesel.

Learn carpentry, metalworking, gardening, automobile repair, masonry, and excavating. Get an EMT cert.

Build a reference library of books on all of the above-mentioned topics. At least 2 different volumes per subject. Don't forget the repair manuals for your vehicle(s). Yes, it has to be actual books. Comic book tier infographics in a folder on your desktop are useless when the grid goes down.

Make sure you have a Boy Scout Handbook. Learn everything in it.

There's more, but this should be enough to get you started.
>>
>>29907382
I fortunately have a jump on most of those skills - especially the gardening ones. Also, I was an Eagle Scout
>>
>>29907321
yeah you can go camping for years if you wanted.
Whatever nightmare scenario your dreaming about would be way worse than just walking around the woods.
>>
>>29907085

Your pic is inaccurate. The Grand jury didn't clear Wilson for nearly a week after that pick
>>
>>29907132
At these two scenarios you are pretty much fucked.

You are better off preparing for more realistic scenarios like economic crash, or tornadoes/hurricanes and earthquakes. Start from there and then move on to your EROL concerns.
>>
>>29907321
>>29907321
Living in the woods isn't SHTF, it's something you can do during SHTF but with security.

Get atleast 5 more guys and you should be golden.
>>
File: operator beavis.jpg (50 KB, 224x278) Image search: [Google]
operator beavis.jpg
50 KB, 224x278
>>29907085
Toilet paper. They always forget the TP for their bunghole. Oh, and a fresh set of socks and undies still in the original wrapper. Because crotch rot and trench foot are not your friends.
>>
Does anyone have that story about how this slav survived a civil war by trading in lighters ?

I might need this soon.

T. South Africa.
>>
File: shtf bosnia.jpg (1 MB, 1504x2964) Image search: [Google]
shtf bosnia.jpg
1 MB, 1504x2964
>>29907589
/rummages
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>>29907720
Much obliged.

>have some complementary biltong
>>
>>29907454
Good. All of the gear in the world won't do you a bit of good if you don't know how to use it.

Also, get a couple of books on building off-grid electrical systems. A few solar panels can go a long way toward jump starting your post-shtf recovery. Among other things, you can keep cordless tools charged up. And you can use a solar panel to crack water into hydrogen and oxygen. Those can be useful for a whole bunch of things.

Second hand stores and pawn shops are great places to get stuff like tools and reference books.

Don't forget your reloading equipment. Again, at least 2 reloading manuals from different publishers. If you have a scale, vernier calipers, and a kinetic bullet puller you're well set to use any oddball ammo that comes your way. Deconstruct loaded cartridges for usable components.

Prepping is a mindset, not a garage full of gear that you paid too much for. If you were an Eagle Scout, you've got a good start on the mindset.
>>
>>29907567
He's just stocking up on MREs, he doesn't need TP.
>>
>>29907720
Didn't it turn out that was all BS he made up? Not saying some of it's not valid, just that IIRC he was full of shit.
>>
>>29908529

I wouldn't be surprised

>>29908516

kek
>>
>2 weeks of non-perishable food.
The outer time limit for federal government response is 2 weeks even for major disasters. By that time they can move enough resources in to feed even a major city. If you are in a food desert you may want to increase this amount as you may want to feed others - friends, family and the like - or just for a little more breathing space. This can be easily done by simply ensuring that you have a rolling stock of what you normally eat.

>Water and a water filter
Drinking water is vitality important (as in you WILL die without it) and is going to be in short supply. Ideally get both a pump filter and a large gravity filter. Also useful for hiking and camping.

>Fuel
Cooked food is nice and having extra fuel for cooking allows your food stock to simply be what you normally buy. Keep some extra propane around for cooking, again enough for two weeks. If you use a gas stove or have a gas BBQ simply make sure you always have at least one full canister that you are not actively using. If not get a camping stove and some fuel.

>Medical supplies
People get hurt in disasters and the medical system is likely to be overloaded initially. Get a first aid kit, how complete depends on you budget.

>Firearm and ammunition
Really any type of gun will do but I would recommend either a semi-auto rifle or shotgun. You are not going to be engaged in pitched firefights so you do not need thousands of rounds of ammunition, restock ammunition before you fall below what you use at a range day and you will be fine.

>Ham radio
Communication is extremely valuable in disasters, get a radio and learn how to use it.
>>
>>29907382
the newer boy scout hand book aren't good for that sort of thing any more but you can find reprints of the older ones online.
>>
>>29907085
>water
>community
>meds
>>
>>29908529
Careful there, Hoss. I posted the same thing in one of these threads, about a month ago, and anons came unhinged. They called me names and suggested that I have unusual personal habits.

It got pretty bad, because I was too stupid to just let it drop. I started pointing out the inconsistencies in the story and anons started howling for my head on a stick. I get the impression that Selco is highly thought of in some circles. Probably the same circles that pay for a subscription to his newsletter or whatever.

That being said, the stuff he talks about seems legit. It may be a little slanted, but that could be a cultural thing.
>>
>>29907148
the Do/K/ument might be able to help
>>
>>29907720
Gread read, scary shit
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.