[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are M1A Scout Squads too expensive? Is there anything similar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: AA9122_1200x3061.png (241 KB, 1200x306) Image search: [Google]
AA9122_1200x3061.png
241 KB, 1200x306
Are M1A Scout Squads too expensive? Is there anything similar at the $1500 price point that isn't a built up AR? Convince me not to buy one please.
>>
>>29903659
Depends. Is this your first rifle, can you find/do you have the ammo for it, and can you afford it?
>>
>>29903659
>Convince me not to buy one please.
The only reason SA is able to get away with making people pay ~$1600 for their Made in Brazil casting jobs is because cheap competition was blocked from importation. There's not only better rifles in general to be had for its pricepoint, it's not even the best of its contemporaries.
>>
>>29903659
Huh? Why don't you want a AR-10 in .308? They'll be more accurate, cheaper, lighter, easier to moint optics. Basically superior in every way.

Reasons not to buy an M1a:
Canadian recievers
Korea parts throughout including op rods that are known to snap off
fugg eye relief this gun has stopping powah
muh wood that will shift zero every cleaning

tldr, AR-10s exist and are vastly superior. My m14 is basically just a collectable/meme since I don't see a point in 7.62 NATO anymore unless it's belt fed.
>>
>>29903659
Or just get a M1 Garand
>>
>>29905228
>fugg eye relief this gun has stopping powah
>muh wood that will shift zero every cleaning
yeah, no. it doesnt shift zero when i clean my rifle that is fudd bullshit. and i bedded mine too. i dont even know what your first comment is.

>>29903659
OP if you want it you should buy it
>>
>>29905219
No kidding, the next avaliable production rifles are $2000+, although I hear good things about fulton and rock ola.
>>
>>29905330
Eye relief on a scout rail is garbage.
You are wearing down the bedding every time your remove the stock. I admit to it not being necessary for most cleanings.
>>
>>29905405
Ive heard that too, but i havent seen any actually shifts or differences. And i did the job with jb weld.

scout scopes arent ideal
>>
Yes. While sexy, M1As have issues. Long term accuracy is questionable. Mounting optics is difficult, unless you like the scout scope style. The action is wide open. They are heavy. Parts are expensive.

An AR-10 is the better gun, if you actually want to shoot it. Even an FAL or PTR make for better guns in terms of getting the most out of what you pay for.

But like I said, it is a sexy rifle. Especially the petite Scout. It's not a full length Amazon or a midget SOCOM16.
>>
>>29905173
op here, not my first rifle. I can afford ammo but I wouldn't use this rifle as my primary range fun gun. I just wan't to know my options at a $1500 price range.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.