[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thinking of going innawoods, used this website to make a plan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
File: innawoods gear.jpg (166 KB, 680x650) Image search: [Google]
innawoods gear.jpg
166 KB, 680x650
thinking of going innawoods, used this website to make a plan of stuff I will bring.

Rate my setup, and what should I change?
>>
>>29903227
Get a better rifle than a nugget.
>>
>>29903227
Going to need more water mate
>>
>>29903227
Why the gas mask?
>>
File: YUO SEE IVAN.jpg (41 KB, 598x408) Image search: [Google]
YUO SEE IVAN.jpg
41 KB, 598x408
>>29903245
idi nahui westernfag
>>
File: Uncle.jpg (171 KB, 680x650) Image search: [Google]
Uncle.jpg
171 KB, 680x650
This is now a Innawoods thread
>>
>>29903305
the nugget is literally the worst surplus rifle...

get a mauser 98 or a lee enfield or even a k31
>>
>>29903227
its pretty obvious you are lying
>>
>>29903529
why? apparently that stuff is a good start
>>
>>29903667
so, apparently you are a smoker. but you only included matches as your fire
>>
>>29903227
Add Imodium AD and ex-lax. Add blister bandages.

More water.
>>
Going innawoods sounds nice but I wouldn't know what to do after setting up camp and exploring a bit. I would be too afraid to plink in case there are camps or something nearby.
>>
>>29903227
No lighter, no tent , no tarp. What if it rains? Also, not on innawoods, but add socks
>>
>>29903682
and?? seems like overkill to bring matches and flint&steel
>>
>>29903725
couldn't find the tarp in the creator, probably didn't look hard enough
>>
>>29903754
oh boy

if genuine comment, just take a handful of bic lighters. no use fiddling with matches or ferro rods unless you really have to
>>
>>29903754
a high carbon knife can function as flint, so thats a non issue. i guess the axe in your case.

mors kochanski said; 'the ability to use a bow drill might mean you dont need matches, but if you didnt bring matches with you, you are probably too stupid to use a bow drill' or something along those lines

cut,cord,cover,container,combustion. the prevalence for a firearm in the bush for someone that isnt hunting is minimal
>>
>>29903227
you know you can put more than 1 item in a slow, don't you?

>SKS clips for Nugget
yeah, I know what the description says. More than half the items have fucked up or no info at all.

>no TP
enjoy your pines in ass.

>no change of clothes
>no communication devices
>gasmask, but no ballistic protection
>>
>>29903305
k98 m24 m48 vz26 any mouser copy chambered in 8mm will be better than nugget. At least you can find hunting rounds that can take down some big game not just FMJ everywhere.... Lets not even start on the performance of the gun...
>>
>>29903227
I'm pretty sure I've got the best loadout
>>
File: result2.jpg (182 KB, 680x650) Image search: [Google]
result2.jpg
182 KB, 680x650
>>29903227
mine is the real deal....
>>
>>29904607
No it isnt. you would die of exhaustion. That body armor that two primaries.
Why do you need a helmet innawoods? are you gonna go to the front lines or sth?
What will you use 1 mre for? Living 1 afternoon in the woods?
What about that ear mic? Whats it good of a use? 24hours turned on and the batery will die.
Will you just sleep on the floor or what?
Dont you think a map would be a good idea? compass maybe?
>>
>>29903409
This is now a Boris visiting chernobyl thread. That amount of filters lel.
>>
>>29905195
It's actually Uncle Bourbon from Metro 2033 hence the absurd amount of alcohol
>>
>>29905176
I'm not saying I would carry all of this at once, just a base set of equipment, where I would store some at my hideouts and carry the rest.
>>
File: innawoods apocalypse variant.jpg (166 KB, 680x650) Image search: [Google]
innawoods apocalypse variant.jpg
166 KB, 680x650
this is for like arma 2 dayz type situation
>>
I would use a .22 rifle and a service caliber full size handgun, the reverse of what you're currently doing. Trapping and hunting small game will be far more efficient than trying to hunt deer. so a shotgun or .22

I would look at a belt rig for your pistol, 3+1 would be fine on the magazines.

bring a folder knife to supplement your axe for whittling shit.

I'm not sure if innawoods has a hydration bladder item, but have one of those in your pack, 3L of easy water.

fuck the gas mask, smoking is bad for you, bring 2 or more tourniquets, bring a lighter, lose the camo paint, pack a better flashlight, dont wear army boots, wearing hiking boots, and wear gaiters because it's summer and ticks and snakes are bad.
>>
File: 1461938093933.jpg (43 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
1461938093933.jpg
43 KB, 680x453
>>29905108
>2 scrapbooks
>not a single pen
>>
>>29906122
>XM8
>>
>>29906644
what?
its versatile and reliable, and has a slim, easy to handle frame.
>>
this is innawoods not ww3

wtf does everyone have body Armour and gas masks

has anyone here actually ever hiked through the woods for longer then a day before?

if you intend for a long trip. a .22lr is your friend, if your gone more then a couple of days and your decent at hunting small game then a .22 will easily lighten your load be allowing you to carry less food.

a bivi sack/sleeping bag and a tarp should be all the shelter you need plus a handful of bic lighters for fire.

a solid full tang knife is extremely useful and a filter straw for water is amazing as well.

if your going for an extremely long time/permanent then having a extremely well stocked med kit is important and a good axe is a bonus.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.