[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Times you tried to educate people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: Just fuck my freedoms up.jpg (52 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
Just fuck my freedoms up.jpg
52 KB, 780x439
>Last Sunday
>Mother's day so with my parents
>Dad just got back from getting his restricted license (in Canada btw)
>Chatting with him, topic turns to gun control cause fuck our gun laws
>Predictably libtard sister tries to say how we should ban all automatics since nobody needs them
>Start giving her a lesson on freedom and how bans don't work
>all of a sudden my old man chimes in
>"I think they should be banned to!"
>Literally just got the ability to own a bunch of new types of guns
>wants to restrict his own rights

He's still based as fuck, just believes anything he's told. Post your stories anons
>>
>>29901215

They may as well be banned. IIRC the only way to even get one is to inherit it.
>>
>>29901215
Automatics are banned in Canada.

Unless you want semi autos banned too, in which case ask why did he get a RPAL

Also there's hardly any point in arguing anymore, seriously I'm just going to immigrante to America fuck this wannabe Europe country.
>>
>>29901215
Fudds are traitors that deserve neither freedoms or protection.
>>
>>29901215
I don´t get that "If you kill your enemies they win" quote. Someone explain?
>>
File: 122323423453.gif (452 KB, 476x508) Image search: [Google]
122323423453.gif
452 KB, 476x508
>>29901354

>mfw fudds are why Hughes Amendment was passed
>>
>>29901497
He never said it. Trudeau's actual quotes paint a different picture.
>We do not negotiate with terrorists
>His quote after his government did absolutely nothing to help some Canadians about to be beheaded by Muslims
>>
>>29901548
>honour killing shouldn't be considered barbaric
what does he mean when he said that?
>>
>>29901548
But I´ve reead there are really people believing this stuff. What are those guys thinking?

>Terrorists win if they die huuuuurrrr
>>
>>29901548
>We do not negotiate with terrorists
That's fucking stupid
>>
>>29901633
>retards put themselves in a dangerous situation
>expects underfunded Country's military to help them
Trudeau was just being realistic. Canada doesn't have the resources required to rescue Canadians overseas.
>>
>>29901215
If your dad believes everything he's told, then why don't you convince him that automatics shouldn't be illegal?
>>
>>29901215
Someone needs to liberate Canada.
>>
>>29901215
Our gun laws aren't as bad as people made them sound 2bh, I was surprised how easy it was to get PAL and a rifle. We're still worse off than America but better than most of Europe. Fortunately if weed man doesn't actually legalize weed before the next election conservatives will win.
>>
>>29901758
The government has to make it easy to get. Their wildlife management plan completely relies on hunters.
>>
>>29901633
Of course they do negotiate with terrorists.
Only if they say they do its an invitation for every poor SOB in some shit hole to take Canadians hostage.
>>
>>29901497
Look at it like this. You're a responsible gun owner. Someone is playing loud music next door to you. You go to their house and room-to-room kill everyone inside. You have silenced their shitty music, but you really haven't "won" because you've just fucked your own shit up what with the murders and all.
The same works if you're an nation and your next door neighbour has terrorists.
>>29901577
>honour killing shouldn't be considered barbaric
He actually argued government leaflets should have less directly inflammatory language. Not sure I agree, but I do understand his point.
>>
>>29902111
Those music playing kids didn´t win, but basicly that is what the quote is saying. It just makes no sense.
>>
>>29901510
no, people not paying attention was
>>
>>29901661
>>29901844
Fair enough
>>
>>29902111
Why not?
How else do you expect to get across to people who think honor killings are A-okay that it is not fucking acceptable here?
>>
>>29901269
>>29901337

She meant semi automatic

>>29901706

Once he shoots more he'll change his mind real quick I'm sure. The only gun he's shot in probably 30 years is his 80 year old rusty bolt action 22.

>>29901758

Our mag capacity limits and restricted gun lists are what make the laws terrible here. If we could get that shit out of here, we'd honestly be almost as good as America.
>>
>few months ago
>libshit clasmate shares anti-gun article from The Onion
>correct him on it
>gets angry at me and calls me crazy for saying that laxer gun laws would result in less crime
>despite a few weeks earlier some crazed kebab tried shooting up a train
welcome in yurop
not a day goes by that I want to leave this shithole
>>
>>29902355
I'm with you, but it's a combination of not wanting to cause a shitstorm in the wider minority community using the word, and partially a belief that governments should sound more... governmenty? "Barbaric" has those Roman connotations of imperialism and supremacy that the rest of the world (shock) doesn't like.

I think "barbaric" works fine personally, but I do see where the guy's coming from.
>>
>>29902386
What country?
>>
>actively studying gun related information for past 5-6 years
>can source data for my arguments
>actually know people who can get me 1st hand info in some places
>fuddy grandparents (they both basically think it's still 1990 for gun laws) refuse to listen to anything I say, will actually get mad when I offer government sources
>rest of family I talk to follows suit even though they know damn good and fucking well that I spend a good several hours each day in firearms policy discussions
>they keep telling me I'm going to get black bagged for talking about guns at all on facebook and other places

Literally every time they immediately fucking dismiss me because I apparently can't be right about anything and then they wonder why I'm fucked up.
>>
>>29901337
America is trying to become Yuropoor 2.0 right now.

Also if you vote left (and thus anti-gun), we don't want you. Stay in your containment zone.
>>
>>29902738
Netherlands, I'm still salty about the fact that my dad was forced to sell his AR-10.
>>
>>29902355
>>29902461

Strong language should be used.

>hey guys, honor killings. They're really just problematic okay guys? So could you pretty please not do that?
>>
>>29903101
I think so, you think so. He didn't think so. Maybe he has advice we don't. Maybe he's just wrong.

Really, who gives a fuck? It's one fucking leaflet.
>>
File: meanwhile in islam.png (357 KB, 602x627) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile in islam.png
357 KB, 602x627
Guys stop being so close minded and disrespectful of other cultures. We need to accept all cultures and understand that just because they're different it doesn't make them wrong.
>>
File: meanwhile in afghanistan.jpg (486 KB, 1138x1200) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile in afghanistan.jpg
486 KB, 1138x1200
>>29903154
They have their own beliefs and their own ways of doing things and who are we to tell them to stop?
>>
>>29902928
I don't vote left.

I just hope trump wins, even if he does nothing, he would rock the boat so hard.
>>
>>29901661
We do, we just lack the money and political backbone to actually do shit.
>>
>>29901748
Yeah do this.
Please.
>>
>>29902253
POTUS has no line item veto
>>
>>29902386
>not a day goes by that I want to leave this shithole
>>
OMG! AR15! AK47! GLOACKE!

the only guns libtards know
>>
He was quoting Genghis Khan when he said that.
>>
>>29901510
wait let me get my violin.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.