[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/K/ seems like the best board to ask about heraldry? Well, fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: family crest.png (20 KB, 285x300) Image search: [Google]
family crest.png
20 KB, 285x300
/K/ seems like the best board to ask about heraldry?
Well, fuck the brits and fuck the man but I want to design a family crest for myself.
There's a generic one online supposedly assigned to my last name but it's got geese on it.

So, is there a resource of the symbols that should not be used? Don't want to fake it being "official" but also don't want it to accidentally claim that I'm the King of Zimbabwe or something.
>>
>>29899961
Like this is cool but doesn't the helmet and lion signify specific things?
So if a person were to create their own, I guess they could make up their own rules but still...
>>
>>29899961
Its 2016, what the fuck do you need a crest for
>>
File: farside.jpg (97 KB, 455x607) Image search: [Google]
farside.jpg
97 KB, 455x607
>>29900001
I want to plaster all over everything so people know it's mine.
>>
>>29900020
>so people know it's mine.

It's Muhammads, you incosiderate fuck
>>
>>29900020
>I want to plaster all over everything so people know it's mine.
Kind of a nigger thing to do.
>>
>>29900041
Yeah, guess I picked the wrong time of day to ask.
Thanks for the response. I'll try googling some more.
>>
>>29899961
I think the geese mean resourcefulness
>>
>>29899961

No, no, dude, come over to /tg/ or maybe /his/, you'll find a lot more people who know heraldry there.
>>
Dude, its all made up.
>>
>>29899961
>>29902100

That fag is probably right. >>>/his/
>>
>>29899961
Greetings fellow Anon!

In general, the rule of thumb is that there should not be two identical crests within the same heraldic jurisdiction, so answer to your question might be tricky, as I do not know from where do you write from.

Generally speaking, to do your work right, you'd have to roam through the entire assets of the given heraldic office (if there is one) or some heraldry societies,

IIRC the most obvious and 'internationally recognized" -Things-not-to-be-used- in one's own CoA are: Or doubled Ermine mantling (reserved for sovereign monarchs, particularly the Kings/Queens of the UK) or official state emblems/crests
>>
By the way, I wonder if there's anyone familiar enough with blazoning to evaluate this blazon I have made for my alt-history scribblings:

Chequy of nine. I Vert barry of ten Sable, overall a knight armed cap-à-pie mounted on a horse salient Argent, brandishing a sword Proper and maintaining a shield Sable charged with an effigy of the Star-Eyed Lady rampant with Her wings displayed Argent, langued and unguled of Or (for Dikastiro); II Gules, billetty Or, a lion with a coronet Or armed and langued Gules holding in his dexter paw a sword Argent hilted Or and in the sinister paw a shield Sable with an effigy of the Star-Eyed Lady rampant with Her wings displayed Argent, unguled and langued Or (for Proapsizo); III Per fess, in Azure a lymphad Or. In Sable, two cannons in saltire Or (the dexter surmounted on the sinister), surmounted to an anchor of the same (for Nafitis); IV Erminois gyrony of eight Gules (for Stars); V Vairy Argent and Azure (for Ochuroma); VI Azure, an effigy of the Star-Eyed Lady rampant with Her wings displayed Argent, unguled and languaged Or (for Anakalipsi); VII Tierced per pall reversed. 1 Argent a bull passant regardant Gules, armed Sable and langued Gules, gorged with a mural crown with four towers, with portcullis in base, attached thereto a Chain reflexed over the back and ending in a ring all Or (for Taurida), 2 Vert, a hand proper brandishing a key Argent (for Neferos), 3 Argent, a Dolphin Azure, finned Purpure (for Allipso); VIII Quarterly. 1 Or semé-de-lis Sable, a rose Gules barbed Vert, 2 Azure, a triple-towered castle with portcullis in base all Argent on mount Or, 3 paly of 8, Sable and Gules, an escarbuncle Or, 4 Sable étincellé Argent (for Comargena); IX Per pale. 1 Argent semé of lozenges Azure (for Viryllos), 2 Sable two wolves combatant Or (for Likos).
Overall in the fess point an inescutcheon Sable, an effigy of the Star-Eyed Lady rampant with Her wings displayed Argent, unguled and langued Or (for House of Alexandrea).
>>
>>29902774
>Continued

The whole surmounted upon demi-effigy of the Star-Eyed Lady sejant affronté with Her wings displayed Argent, unguled and langued Or, in field Sable.
The whole is crowned with the Imperial Crown of Alexandreon proper.

Or, a Dragon segreant Gules, armed and langued Sable. The shield is crowned with the Royal Crown of Zamoi proper.

Between these shields, an escutcheon quarterly. In I and IV Sable, an effigy of the Star-Eyed Lady rampant with Her wings displayed Argent, unguled and langued Or (for the House of Alexandrea); II and III Per pale: on the dexter, the shield of Württemberg, on the sinister, the shield of Swabia (for the House of Württemberg).
The shield is surrounded with Collars of the Most Illustrious Order of the Sacred Couple, the Most Noble Order of the Flame of Drakon and the Star of Gallantry.
Supporters:
Dexter: effigy of the Star-Eyed Lady rampant with Her wings displayed Argent, unguled and langued Or.
Sinister: Dragon regardant, armed and langued Sable, supporting a lance Or point Sable. On dexter the Royal Standard of the King (Or, semé mullets Purpure, a Dragon segreant Gules, armed and langued Sable), both standing atop of compartment Or.

Below, on a scroll Or, the mottos Sable: dexter: Αδιαίρετα kαι Αχώριστα, sinister: Feloszthatatlanul és Elválaszthatatlanul

>Explaination: the phrase "effigy of the Star-Eyed Lady"should be read as "pegasus"
>>
There are some basic rules of heraldry that a good coat of arms follows:

- the colours may be red (Gules), green (Vert), blue (Azure), purple (Purpure) and black (Sable)
- there are two metals that can also be used, gold (Or) and silver (Argent), these may be also displayed as yellow and white (yellow/white can't coexist with gold/silver)
- there are also two furs that can be used as colouring: ermine and vair
- a colour should never be placed on a colour and a metal never on a metal
- letters or numbers should never be used

About the symbols (called "charge"):
heraldry . ws/info/article05 . html

Wikipedia is also a pretty good source for information.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.