[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Defend ND'ing so we can laugh at you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: rules.png (174 KB, 864x415) Image search: [Google]
rules.png
174 KB, 864x415
Haven't had one of these in a while and a previous thread inspired me to make it.

Show how much of a danger to society you are!
>How many times have you ND'd
>what was it with
>Who did you almost kill
>"But I was ______ !"
>Did you almost kill Bubba?
Defend it so we can laugh at you.

>Everyone NDs eventually
>If you haven't ND'd you aren't a "true" gun expert
>>
>>29899350
>never
>nothing
>nobody
>i was using common fucking sense and the 3 rules of gun safety
>no
this should be every response to this thread
>>
File: itsretardednd.png (99 KB, 480x375) Image search: [Google]
itsretardednd.png
99 KB, 480x375
Some OC, best I can do on a laptop
>>
I'll bite. I think most people will agree that, statistically, you have have a non-zero chance of ND every time you reach for a firearm.

Following all four rules though should help drop your fuckup odds by a power of four though.
>>
>>29899423

Actually, now I kind of want to divide the fatal ND rate across the nation to see what the average lethal fuck up odds are per person, per day.
>>
>>29899350
Not sure if that counts:
Visiting family in the US. Uncle takes us to the range a couple of times. Shooting some pistol, can't remember wetter it was a Sig or a Glawk brand Glock. It jams. Rack the slide without removing the finger from the trigger. Fire a round slightly below my target. Scared because I didn't expect that to happen. Never clear malfunctions again with the finger on the trigger or the gun still being loaded in any way.
>>
The only ND I ever had was on the range lowering the hammer on a Smith and Wesson model 19 on a loaded chamber.

I had blood on my thumb from a cut and it made the hammer slip when I was trying to slowly lower it. The gun was pointing down range and no one was around, but it's still an ND
>>
>>29899470
sell your fucking guns you fucking retard before you fucking kill someone next time
>>
>if you don't know how to clear chambers, give it to someone who does
How's it basically feel to be called a woman, ladies? Fucking ndfags, you'll shoot your eye out. Just kidding you'll shoot someone else's out.
>>
Never ND'd

>But I have removed leadshot from a shotgun shell and lit a 1/4 stick of dynamite and shot it out of it. Worked
>I have had a friend shoot a hole in the roof of my truck with my revolver while we were in it.
>I have been hit with a ricochet whilst shooting a tailgate at varies distances.
>I have decocked my revolver in my mouth.
> I have jammed pins out of a weapons bracket with .50BMG (but I used the projectile end)
>I have test fired a .50 cal after it peppered someones dick and legs. Turns out he didn't properly headspace/timing it. So it worked fine for me.
>I occasionally spin my loaded revolver around my finger when I check what my dogs barking at.
>I've tightened the choke on my shotgun while it's loaded.

And that's everything stupid I think I've done with guns. No where near as close to the OTHER dangerous stupid shit I've done but still stupid and dangerous to probably most of you.
>>
>>29899386
Underrated
>>
>>29899350
Only ND I've ever had was into a deer after my parents failed to tell me M37s slamfire.
>>
>>29899350
How many times have you ND'd?
>Once
What was it with?
>AKM in 7.62 x 39
Who did you almost kill?
>A group of my wifes friends drinking in my basement
"But I was...
>too fucking stupid to chamber check!"
Did you almost kill Bubba?
>No, but I scared the ever living piss out of a few broads.
>>
>>29899350
>how many times have you ND'd
In ten years between eight guns, none.
>everyone NDs
Doubtful but whatever.
>>
>once
>357 revolver
>no one
No excuse for it and I felt like a asshole afterwards. Basically was decocking and soft ground came out from under me. Put one into the dirt about a foot in front of me.
>>
um.... I once shot my 10/22 when I didn't realize I had already taken the safety off. The rifle was point down range but way off target... that is the only "ND" I've had.
>>
>>29899423
I think most people would agree with you if they could figure out what the hell you are saying.
Also your math sucks and your shit's all retarded.
>>
The only time I've ND'd I was 6 with my uncle's old as pellet gun.

In my defense, shaking the gun would set it off, I didn't even have my finger near the trigger but at least it was pointed downrange.
>>
>>29900050
That sounds more like mechanical failure, which is an AD.
>>
>>29899350
>step-dad bought muzzleloader from flea market for $50
>looks like garbage
>didn't think it would even work
>grandpa tells me it'll be fine after a good cleaning
>clean the shit out of it (he was right. Bore looks amazing)
>take it out the next day to the range
>never used a muzzleloader before
>pull the trigger
>primer pops but no ignition
>relax grip and wonder what I did wrong
>gun fires
I was pretty new to guns and didn't know about hangfires. Luckily I was still pointing downrange.
>>
Im not sure if this was a. ND or AD.

>Indoor range shooting a lovely hi standard .22 pistol.
>double feed
>remove mag, rack slide while maintaining proper muzzle discipline
>BANG

There was still a round in the pipe when the slide went home. The rimfire cartridge mistook the extractor for a firing pin.
>>
>>29899350
Once, .308 soft tip. A house. Took the magazine out opened the lever, ejector tore the case instead of ejecting it leaving the round still in the barrel, didn't think to actually look in the barrel, closed the lever and pulled the trigger with my thumb half on the hammer to lower it when it slipped and had just enough force to strike the firing pin. Had fun patching shingles and finding bits of .308 all in the attic.
>>
The only ND I ever had was into OP's mother.

Son, you disappoint me with your faggotry.
>>
>>29900288
And this is why, when clearing, you always check the chamber and the feed source area are actually clear.
>>
>>29899350
I n'd with a pellet gun when i was 8 or something because i stumbled with my finger on the trigger. I was alone and I gained some sense because if it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzTGlSp0oB8
>>
I have a really bad trigger on one of my AR's. When shooting it once, I held down the trigger and slowly started to reset it when I accidentally bumpfired 2 shots downrange. That's as bad as it got.
>>
I had an AD with a century arms Bulgarian "ak-74".

>Shooting AK
>jam
>Drop mag
>Pull back bolt
>Bolt handle slips from my hand
>Bolt slams forward and rifle fires into berm
>bolt cover flies off
>My finger was nowhere near the trigger
>>
>>29899350

Never ND'd and I've been hasguns for years. I'm just not retarded.
>>
>>29900525
Holy shit that hangfire one.

Kind of feel bad for the guy who just left his gun propped up against a board though. That's not really something you should expect to happen.
>>
>>29899350
Ive never had one and I fingerfuck my guns daily.
Had a friends who shot his window out with his tantal.
Had another friend have one at a 4-H shooting during trap. He closed his shotgun and it instantly went off. No fault of his own, but since he was pointed downrange no one was hurt and it was a teachable moment.
>>
>>29899561
lol
>>
>>29899386
quality
>>
Shooting for 18 years. Never ND'ed.
>>
>>29899635
>dog owner

Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>29899635
>decocked a revolver in my mouth
Just reading that made me wince. Story?
>>
>>29900659
>ak reliability folks
>>
>>29901415
>Century Arms: Proving that it's possible to fuck up an AK build
>>
File: 1340890114781.png (352 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1340890114781.png
352 KB, 800x450
Once while pointing the rifle down the range from the hip.
Was dead sure it was empty, but did it nevertheless
>what was it with
Muh AK101
>Who did you almost kill
Nobody
>"But I was ______ !"
?
I wish, or a Jew, would be p cool
>>
>it's been 2 months
>take out rifle for oiling
>'sweating intensely'
>Go through the ACTS
>Go through the PROVE
>no ammo in magazine, chamber, or feeding path
>nothing in barrel
>Go through the 4 rules of gun safety to be safe
>Go through the ACTS and PROVE again
>sigh of relief
>Mom comes into home
>Accidentally fumble with rifle
>Look down
>TRIGGER FINGER IN TRIGGER GUARD
>OH SHIT OH MY GOD
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
>>
>>29899350
I ND'd into my ex a few times.

She enjoyed it a lot.
>>
>>29901629
Whew, me boy. You need to change your life
>>
Shot myself in the arm with a glawk at home. Fortunately the bullet only grazed it, and there was nothing but some blood that was quickly stopped. There was massive hearing damage and tinnitus though (very small enclosed space).
How did I fuck up? I wanted to remove the slide, but I forgot to remove the mag. Obviously the slide was stuck, I pulled it back and pulled the trigger to reset it so that I could attempt to remove the slide again, once again without checking if the mag was removed first. I had never done that before in my life, don't know what happened that day, and I hope I will never do it again.
>>
once when I was 16
>what was it with
Mossberg 500 20ga
>Who did you almost kill
never came close to killing anyone
I was aiming at a BB trap which caught everything
>"But I was ______ !"
handling an unloaded gun
nah
>>
>>29899350
I'd say everyone makes mistakes, but I never have, so that'd be a lie. And I don't lie.
>>
>>29899350

Never truly ND'd. Only once had I AD when I was trying a guy's target .22

I rested my finger on the trigger as I was lining up my shot and the thing fired. I must say it was quite an interesting rifle, and I'd have to work up to a trigger that light to be able to properly use it.
>>
File: 20160130_112957.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1021) Image search: [Google]
20160130_112957.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1021
>at the range shooting 10/22
>have malfunction due to shitty mags
>remove mag, rack charging handle
>point rifle downrange
>pull trigger
>POP, rifle fires
>surmise that somehow the round jumped the extractor
Does this count?
It instilled the habit of visually checking chambers if nothing else.
>>
File: Trigger-Parts-1024x768.jpg (238 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Trigger-Parts-1024x768.jpg
238 KB, 1024x768
>>29899350

>Once
>Moist Nugget of model 91/30
>Myself(?)
>"But I thought the gun was empty." Finished at the range after loading single shells. Set it down in my room but first and it went off."

Took rifle apart, former owner had polished the Trigger Spring/Bolt Stop and it wasn't catching enough of the bolt.
>>
>>29901010
I'd put it on par with jumping over a 5 foot gap that has nearly no bottom and nothing important on the other side.

Sure fucking up will kill you, but in reality it's it's only as dangerous as you are competent.

But to answer your question. Just read too much cynic philosophy I suppose.

>>29900980
I don't know, do you dislike dogs? I've noticed a hatred for animals is a stereotype of subhumans. Does it bother you I have something that will bite you for trying to break into my house? Or is it because he's excited to see me when I get home? Or maybe even because you do not have anything or anyone who cares about you?
>>
>>29905893

"set it down butt* first..."

At least two of the three rules saved my ass. Still should have checked to clear the rifle. Wouldn't have really been a problem had the bolt catch not been over-polished.

Did some testing and light taps and closing the bolt hard were letting the firing pin drop.

Got a new catch and things are all good now
>>
>>29905798
A friend has a .22 rabbit rifle and a hair trigger. You get used to it, it was actually quite useful
>>
>>29900030
>Your shits all retarded, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EZ9Vgsp3OE
>>
>>29905935
Yeah that's actually something I learned from /k/
Some guns just want to kill.
Safeties failing and bump fires. I always kind of assumed since I beat the shit out of my service guns with some even open bolt that guns do not accidentally go off. But now I know some do.
>>
Closest thing to an ND was when I was pulling the trigger on my rifle about 3/4 of the way while aiming so it would only take an instant once I made the decision to fire. It ended up missing a man-sized target by about 3 feet at 50 meters when I shook a little and it fired.
>>
>>29900699
He left it loaded and with the action closed, but yeah, I agree.
>>
>>29901629
>It's been two months
>take cock out for rubbing
>'sweating intensely'
>go through the house a few times
>go through another few times, double checking
>no one is home and all is quiet
>go through the house one last time, calling
>no answer
>sigh of relief
>mom comes into room
>accidentally fumble with dick
>look down
>FULLY ERECT AND SMEGMA
>OH SHIT OH MY GOD
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
>>
>>29899350
I've never had a negligent discharge with any gun I have or anyone in my family has.
Had all the rules of gun safety drilled into my head very early on in life.
Triple check to make sure nothing is loaded and no rounds are in chamber that failed to extract.
With guns you can never be too safe.

Anyways fun story time

>My brother's girlfriend nd'd a Smith and Wesson model 29 loaded with SWC's into the ground like 10 inches from her toes.

I'll write this on her behalf

Once
>what was it with
S&W Model 29
>Who did you almost kill
Toes and a lot of dirt
>"But I was ______ !"
Being an idiot and pointing a still loaded revolver with a 2.5 lb trigger pull at toes with finger still on the trigger. And being inexperienced with guns.
No

She later told me she was trying to prove a point to my brother by pointing the gun down in front of her and pulling the trigger. Suffice to say even my brother was severely disappoint.
>>
>>29899434
~500 a year accidental deaths, that isn't just NDs however.
>>
Not really an ND story but what ever. Know this splerg guy in highschool. He really wants to be friends and he isn't a bad guy just nerdy and a bit slow at everything. So he tells me he got some new rifle and I head over to his house to check it out. At that time I didn't know dick about guns but I think it may have been a nugget. It was an older milsurp bolt action. He got a baynet with it. We obviously can't shoot it there but he can put on the baynet. And he has a 5-10 gallon fish tank. Have you seen the youtube of the guy punching a hole in his fishtank with a weightlifting bar? Poor bastard didn't make a hole the whole thing shattered. I helped him clean up and then noped the fuck out of there be for his mother got home. I wonder how he is doing.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.