[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been genuinely wondering this for a while. When
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 334508734.gif (56 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
334508734.gif
56 KB, 320x240
So I've been genuinely wondering this for a while.

When aiming down a site on a gun (be it iron sites or a holographic site) Are you supposed to close one eye or keep both eyes open?

If so, which method is better?
>>
File: Brehznev eyebrows.gif (31 KB, 471x669) Image search: [Google]
Brehznev eyebrows.gif
31 KB, 471x669
Do whatever works best for you, sunshine.
>>
Both open for situational awareness. But since you're not a wannabe muhreen, just do whatever's most comfortable.
>>
>>29897582

Sights

Either will work
>>
>>29897601
That gif is freaking me the fuck out.
>>
>>29897582
If you are new, try to learn it the right way, both eyes open, concentrate on only the image of your dominant eye, and keep it focused on frontsight post.

Basically you want your eye focus to be rearsight>frontsight>visualize target>frontsight
>>
>>29897710
>try to learn it the right way, both eyes open
lol

>>29897582
Unless in CQB situation, one eye open is best for accuracy which is what most sport shooters care about anyway. If it's a red dot type of sight, they're parallax free so it doesn't matter. For irons and scopes at anything past about 25 meters, one eye should be closed due to parallax.
>>
>>29897612
He might be an actual Marine.
He did misspell "sights".
>>
>>29897582
If you're one side dominant eyes open, if you're cross dominant one eye closed.
>>
>>29897788
Now for my turn at shitposting.

Both eyes open is best for everything. I do it with irons, red dots and scopes. And I shoot pretty dang good.

OP don't listen to that faggot
>>
>>29898378
>Both eyes open is best for everything
>literally what is fucking parallax error
If it's so good then why do Olympic shooters all shoot one eyed?
>>
>>29898400
He's obviously better than olympic shooters :)))))))
>>
>>29897913
kek
>>
>>29897582
both eyes open results in parallax error on irons, and can throw you off even at bullshit distances like 10' with a handgun.

with a red dot, both eyes open is fine.
>>
>>29897925
Why does this matter?

Logically, with one eye open, dominance should not effect anything, due to only one POV available.
>>
File: 1461169531121.jpg (86 KB, 519x389) Image search: [Google]
1461169531121.jpg
86 KB, 519x389
>>29898400
Shooting with both open is fine. However one eye closed tends to make you more accurate. Using a scattergat it won't really matter. Actually, if you're using a scatter gat close both eyes and scream as loudly as you can. You'll do more damage and the enemy will think you're the fucking punisher.
>>
>>29897582
I closed one eye for a number of years because i was cross eye dominant. a few years ago I noticed I wasn't doing that any more. I had trained my brain into using the right eye and could shot well with both eyes open.
>>
>>29898608
>top fucking kek
>>
>>29898601
If you have both eyes open you really have two views. If you look at something at arms langth where a sight would be, and blink your eye open left then right you'll see how much they are different. You tend to look through one eye and help with the other. If you shoot right handed but are left eye dominant then you tend to put your arm in a bad place and aim poorly. You can train yourself, usually by closing the other eye, to use your right eye.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.