[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What ammo will you purposely avoid; range or personal defense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11
File: win.jpg (8 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
win.jpg
8 KB, 260x194
What ammo will you purposely avoid; range or personal defense

>pic related
Ive had bad luck with white box. A lot of failure to extract
>>
>>29897031
I've never had a failure to extract, but it always leaves my gun dirty as fuck. .32, .380, 9mm, .45. All of them it left it dirty as hell after ~100 rounds.
>>
>>29897031
FNM Made 8mm Mauser. My Gew 98 hates it.
PPU 30-30. My Winchester 94's dont like to feed or extract it
Winchester 12 Gauge with brass rims. My 1897 fucking hates Winchester with brass only. Any other brand is fine for some reason.
>>
>>29897031
Literally never had a problem with white box. I don't care what brand it is, though, I will never feed my gun steel.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 420x420
This fucking cheap piece of vodka infused garbage
>>
>wwb/perfecta

shitty overpriced dirty walmart ammo

>remmington anything

I just shoot lawman, blazer bronze and federal.
>>
> Remington
> steel cases
> aluminum cases
> brass bullet jackets
> any foreign 5.56 cases I can't convert to 300 BLK
>>
>>29897103
interestingly, that works in .45acp for me but .223 makes my ar shit itself.
I just generally avoid it anyway
>>
>>29897031
I avoid hydrashock.
Also, I've had a failure to extract with white box as well but think it was my fault.
>>
>>29897031
WWB works well for me and is my usual plinking.

>>29897103
The weird thing about Tula is that it's not really that bad, but Wolf is literally the same price and is so much better.
>>
>>29897103
It's dirty as shit, but I've only had one stovepipe problem out of probably 1000 rounds.
>>
White box winchester is my jam in my .44s, and my wifes 9s.

I avoid steel case trash.
>>
>>29897103
ive literally never had a problem with tula, but maybe thats because i only use it in my sks and AR
>>
>>29897031
Winchester's cheap birshot. I just get so many light strikes with it. Doesn't happen with Federal's cheap birdshot.
>>
>>29897031
Had a few failure to fire when I used a glock brand glock in .40 at my local fun range, never had a problem with my Beretta in 9mm
>>
>>29897031
Still newgunz. I've been using whitebox as my range ammo thus far. I had cleaned my gun and disassembled it after putting 100 rounds through and noticed it was fairly dirty already. (mostly visible debris)

I've also had one FTE when it was the last round. Noticed it was also considerably smoky.

I'm probably gonna finish off the last 200 rounds and try something else for awhile.
>>
>>29897103
can confirm this ammo to be shit in Glocks in 9mm and 45 ACP and in Ruger LCP in .380

That said, my AKs and ARs gobble the shit up in 223 and 7.62x39. Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>29897103

>using Tulammo in anything other than slavshit

what did you expect really
>>
I've never had a jam of any kind in any of my guns.. Except for my 10/22 which is having some issues right now. And I shoot nothing but garbage through all of them.

Guess I have been really lucky.
>>
File: 813826.jpg (208 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
813826.jpg
208 KB, 880x660
recently i had multiple good primer strikes and no ignition with this stuff
>>
>>29897031
WWB is 3 qc check failure ammo

May as well be reman by bubba

Shoot if you want to practice clearing squibs
>>
>>29897630
Their steel waterfowl loads, for price and performance, cannot be beat. However I just bought my first pistol a month ago and WWB after two mags left lots of residue, I was pretty disappointed since I bought 3 100 round boxes of it at cabela's with the gun. The 147 grain shoots really well though, I'm not great with a pistol but I was busting 2 liters at 10-15 yards pretty consistently.
>>
>>29897031
I haven't had any problems using 115 FMJ or 115 HP out of my CZ P-07, not sure if I've used the 147 or not. I've never fired steel cased ammo out of any of my guns, but plan on trying some soon just to have options.
>>
Winchester anything

>WWB
>Super X
Only thing ever jammed my Benelli Nova

Remington
>UMC
Core Lokt is not the worst thing ever for fudd Ammo soft point surprisingly
>>
>>29897031
This shit right here fucking trash ammo.
Can never get a full mag through without 2-3 ftf/fte
>>
>>29897031
Winchester 9mm has always run flawlessly in my guns. And one of them is a Taurus.
>>
My Steyr eats anything
>>
>>29897031
I never had an issue with WWB, but I tend not to buy the shit because it's always overpriced.

>100 round box of 9mm: $38.99 at Cabelas
>50 round box of .380: $22.99 at Walmart

Those are the only prices I can remember off-hand, and they're both way higher than identical ammo that would be sitting on the same shelf next to them. Winchester must be run by idiots. I hardly ever buy their ammo because they just don't know how to sell the shit.
>>
>>29897125
>> brass bullet jackets
Why?
>>
>Winchester White Box
I've never personally experienced a problem with their centerfire ammo, but you can only read so many reports on the internet before you stop buying. Any Winchester .22lr ammo causes jams in my guns.
>Remington UMC
I had a big 250 round pack of .380 where the bullets were covered in little flecks of tar. I don't know how much of a problem this was, but I don't like shooting ammo that has shit on it. Not interested in buying this stuff anymore.
>Tula, or any other slav steel case stuff
I've never had a problem with it for handgun or rifle ammo, but I do most of my shooting at indoor handgun only ranges and they don't like me sparking up the backstop. Can't shoot it = don't buy it.
>>
My CX4 doesn't like Winchester white box. Causes FTE. My SIG 1911 doesn't like the Winchester white box hollow points. My SIG P238 doesn't like the Underwood extreme penetrator.
>>
>>29897103
I have the opposite problem. Tula shortstrokes my Glock 21 with a suppressor but my AR cycles it flawlessly.
>>
>>29897031
Fucking perfecta. Worst ammo I've ever bought.

>>29897103
I've never had an issue with Tula. It's dirty as sin but I've never had a fte or ftf.
>>
>>29897104
Will gold dots make your list?
>>
>>29900256
Yes but not for practice
>>
>>29900212

This shit. Dirtiest rounds I've ever fired. Fiocchi makes these so I don't know why they're so bad.

Tula has never given me problems.
>>
>>29901834
I think they're loaded light too. It's the only ammo my XD won't eat.
>>
>>29897104
Perfecta is literally cheaper than tula at wallyworld
>>
>>29901909
It's light load for sure. I shot a box of that then a box of Federal and the difference was noticeable.
>>
>>29897031

>Be me.
>Work at Walmart.
>This is the only 9mm that sells.
>We have Tula, Perfecta, Remington, Federal and then Winchester.
>Winchester is the second most expensive, following Remington.
>People ALWAYS buy Winchester.

>Always have people coming into the store trying to return it because there was something wrong with it.
>They're always sent in three boxes.
>Box it was shipped in was fine.
>Factory box is always fucked up.
>The actual bullet packaging is damaged every single time.
>Have gotten ones that got SOAKING wet, and then just put into a new box and shipped out.
>Have had boxes come in where all the packages where wet and open.
>Have had boxes come in where the bullets where all over the box, and even where bullets where separated from the case and powder was everywhere.

Same thing with the 100 round boxes of Shotgun shells we get of them. They're normally fucked up in some way. Either by pellets falling out of them, or just straight up missing shells from the box.

>>29900212
>>29901834

I get a lot of people who swear by this shit, they're also the same people who come in and buy out our entire stock. Because "muh 9.97 for 50 rounds", I don't think they ever clean their guns.
>>
File: 2016-05-07 001 008.jpg (863 KB, 3221x1213) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-07 001 008.jpg
863 KB, 3221x1213
>>29897031

Try Winchester 9mm NATO Its NATO spec 9mm as the name implies and functions well as long as your gun is not shit.

For 45 they make M1911 too, pic related, I buy this stuff by the case (10 boxes of 50 to a case)
>>
>>29897811

weak American firing pins cannot into glorious Russian primers.
>>
i generally stay away from winchester and remington. its a little pricier than other brands and ive had more malfunctions with those two than others.
that isnt to say a lot of malfunctions but still.
>>
File: 1455940322615.jpg (86 KB, 436x684) Image search: [Google]
1455940322615.jpg
86 KB, 436x684
>X ammo brand is bad because it's 'dirty'

I never understood this meme, although I've heard it a lot from old boomer fuckheads trying to haggle with people at gun shows. All ammo I've ever fired has gotten my gun dirty, whether it was Tula steel case or Speer Gold Dots. It all cleans up just the same.
>>
>>29902062
What's the policy for handling ammo that comes in wet? Do you just wait for it to dry out and stock it as usual?
>>
>>29902123

i've noticed some ammo leaves more unburned powder in my pistols than others, particularly blazer brass.

tula is def the dirtiest ammo out there though. that shit will turn the inside of a gun black in one magazine.
>>
>>29902139

We claims it out, and then when we get enough, we give the police a call and they come pick it up and use it for whatever.
>>
File: 754908510511-2.jpg (135 KB, 700x502) Image search: [Google]
754908510511-2.jpg
135 KB, 700x502
Pic related grouped fucking terribly in my SLR. I'm not the best shot, but I can damn sure hold a .75mil group with any other ammo I've tried.

Also, I've had less than stellar results with any Hornady custom ammo compared to any thing else they offer.
>>
>>29902227

>giving ammo to pigs

they already get enough through your tax dollars.
>>
>>29902295

>Implying its my choice.

If I could, I would just sell the boxes at a discounted price and tell the person to contact Winchester and bitch at them to try to get free ammo.
>>
>>29902078
>NATO spec 9mm

This literally doesn't mean shit. Fuck off
>>
>>29902334
>buy discounted ammo
>regularly complain to company for free ammo or coupons
>resell for very nominal profit
neckbeards would have a field day with this
>>
Only two brands have caused me trouble, WWB and Remington

Someone posted a stat showing that the majority of squibs are with PMC. Not sure how legit it was but it was interesting
>>
>>29902370

yes actually it does, sealed primers, hotter loading than 'normal' 9mm, cleaner burning powder with less smoke and flash, fancy little cross head-stamp. Then there is the case dimensions and bullet weights although different countries use different weights and the NATO range on 9mm is pretty wide.

the main difference from a practical standpoint is that its a +P round. The burning cleaner and having less flash and smoke is nice too. Having sealed primers is nice but not necessary for normal range use. I would rather have that than not.
>>
PMC ammo

Failure to feed for days in my Czech Duo and my CZ70 (.25ACP and .32ACP respectively)

I haven't tried it in my CZ 2075 but I also don't ever see any PMC 9x19 so I don't feel the need to test my theory that it won't feed well.
>>
>>29902334
why dont you just take it for yourself to do what you want?
>>
>slavic ammo
>"non corrosive"
Poshyol ty'
>>
>>29902078
>>29902511
>Using Winchester 9mm NATO

Mein neger
>>
>>29897103
I've run it through a Glock 34, Springfield XD mod 2 and a CZ P-07. It works but gives me copper fouling aids like nothing else.
>>
File: wpa-9mm.jpg (107 KB, 468x251) Image search: [Google]
wpa-9mm.jpg
107 KB, 468x251
This tends to foul my gun pretty badly and I had a lot of FTE. Plus, accuracy was shitty compared to brass. Luckily I only bought 800 rounds of it!
>>
>>29902943

Don't own anything in 9mm, so the time and money isn't worth it.
>>
Remington anything.

I have certain guns that I will keep bimetal bullets out of at all costs, but otherwise I have no issues with steelcase ammo, the price is right.

As for it being "dirty?" I literally don't care. I shoot my guns until they are borderline too dirty to cycle and then clean them. I really don't care if that happens in 500 rounds or 2000 rounds, cleaning is a minor chore to me.

People who clean their guns autistically are probably among the same people who think AKs are way more reliable than ARs.
>>
File: 1462365072966.jpg (22 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
1462365072966.jpg
22 KB, 604x340
>>29897103
>>
>>29903105
I'll buy it off you for 10cpr
>>
>>29902062
They probably swear by it because they are know-it-all tools who have 5000 rounds of it for da happenin but haven't shot a single round of it. That shit jams in everything I've ever seen it run through.
>>
>>29902062
I'm one of those people that comes in and cleans out the Perfecta.

Cleaning pistols is not hard, they don't have star chambers or bcgs. When it comes to pistol ammo, I couldn't care less how dirty it is. Even in SHTF I wouldn't expect to shoot more than a few mags of it in an engagement.
>>
File: Freedom Munitions.jpg (3 MB, 2800x2100) Image search: [Google]
Freedom Munitions.jpg
3 MB, 2800x2100
Anything Freedom Munitions. Between my experience and all the other horror stories I've seen, I just don't trust it not to eventually kaboom one of my guns.
>>
>>29897031
>purposely avoid
IMI because jewfaggotry
>>
>>29897031

Armscor .22

Fuck that shit with a rusty pipe right up the ass.

No other .22 have I ever had issues with. This shit had rim failures on several different batches. As in the entire fucking rim separated from the case, and left the bullet an inch into the barrel. Took out my extractor each and every time it did it.

And screw trying to get the flips to fix their shit.
>>
>>29897103
I had a couple boxes of Tula in a row that gave me light primer strikes on my Khar. I think the primers were pressed too far in, because after not using it for an year they work fine again in the same gun. Also
>holyfuckthatcarbonbuildup
>>
Other than .22 I have not had ammo problems really. I have had wolf choke my ar when bump firing but not otherwise.

Never any problems with white box like many report. And I have shot plenty of it.

My friend, years ago, bought this polymer cased .223 that literally was single shot: the ammo. Can't remember what it was called.
>>
>>29905445
Haha, polymer cased eh? I remember seeing something about those a while back but apparently they haven't caught on.
>>
>>29906217
oh it seems thy got caught on plenty of things
>>
File: 1384990301786.gif (2 MB, 316x235) Image search: [Google]
1384990301786.gif
2 MB, 316x235
>>29906234
heh I see what you did there
>>
>>29897031

I don't care what it is. If it goes bang, I have a gun that will shoot it one way or another. If it is a good price or free, I can pull the projectiles and reload worst case.

My Lugers and modern service wondernines hate WWB 9mm. This is just due to the way that they function, they are designed for hotter ammo. My Walther P38s and BHPs love WWB. It just depends.

On Wolf steel case? If your gun jams with this, it is time to buy more than one gun. I have 1000s of rounds of steel case and there is nothing wrong with it if you have a reliable gun to fire it in. If not, that is OK but for most guns the ammo is fine. That said, I use it for plinking, practice and Clinton insurance.

Carry ammo? I'd be damned if I would let a machine or wage slave make my defensive ammo. I always reload that for myself. Besides, I can actually afford to make sure it is reliable when I am not paying $30 a box of 25.
>>
>>29906716
>buy 1 box of defensive ammo
>zero gun and function test at the same time
>if all goes well, buy another box of defensive ammo
>probably never shoot it in your life
The story of a typical carry piece and the ammo that goes with it. If you can't afford the story you need to get a real job.
>>
Perfecta
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.