[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which sheath position gives you the fastest draw of the knife?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
Which sheath position gives you the fastest draw of the knife?
>>
you could have just googled it faggot
>>
>>29896866
I did. Didn't find any good results.
>>
Don't know, but I was always told to keep it away from my neck. Guess why
>>
>>29896826
One in the chamber, safety off.
>>
>>29896826
Probably that one, but how much shit you want hanging on your chest?
>>
>>29896826
the one you posted
>>
Placing your knife upside down like that is a good way to lose a toe.
>>
>>29896826
That's a great way to get stabbed with your own knife.
>>
>>29897093
>>29897098

How stupid are you two fags?
>>
>>29897127
How stupid are you? It's well documented.
>>
>>29897127
You tell me chuckles, apperantly weapon retention isn't a problem in your mind.
>>
>>29896826

Only faggots wear a sheath like that. Put a pack on with any weight on it, that shit digs into your chest, as well as risking slicing the strap of your back pack.
>>
>>29896826
handle up, on your navel. savate style boxing stance with forward hand not being a jab hand but a leading hand, back hand handling the blade. this will result in a reverse grip though, but is my 9/10 preferred combat rig. 1/10 is forward scout. forward scout is 9/10 my preferred utility knife rig, 1/10 belt

if a forward grip on your knife is important, i would do forward scout probably 9/10. 1/10 would be something like the rig in OP pic, as fucking autistic as it is

also, i know this is a bait thread, ive seen in many times before. either way, this is my 2 cents, and would like to hear input from any urban martial artists
>>
>>29897145
Some missions dont need pots and pans, canned food, and 8 bags of trail mix for your fat ass.

The sheath he posted is for speed and immediately puts your knife in the right grip when you draw it. You wouldn't know this because all you have ever done is cut paper and wood when you use your shitty walmart knife.
>>
>>29897170
>i wont ever need to bend over on a hiking trip because my dads friend does it for me

I know being fat limits you in movement and everything but please dont insult is and call that beer belly you have a "navel"
>>
>>29896826
Ankle sheath, jump into tactical roll, hands on feet face in balls, grab knife, throw at the end of roll. The momentum of the tac. roll will be added to the throw of the knife so it'll have enough force to penetrate Kevlar if you do it right.
>>
>>29896826
For fastest draw, carry in condition fabric.
>>
>>29897237
nigger what?
>>
The one you've practiced with the most.
>>
>not running with your knife out
>>
>>29897357
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCBRzB2cMrw
>>
>>29897216

Clearly you're retarded. Other shit goes into a pack besides that shit. Obvious you have no military experience.
>>
a knife on your shoulder is like a pistol on a thigh mount; everyone see's that you're excited you're allowed to carry one, but know's you're a fucking idiot with no idea how to use one.
>>
>>29896826
5 o clock canted so that the handle is projecting over your hip and up.

Draw icepick, kill the other guy before he can draw.

Worked for people in medieval Europe, and it fucking works now. Especially useful if you're sitting-you can kill the other guy before he gets up if you're fast.
>>
File: snikt.gif (4 MB, 360x312) Image search: [Google]
snikt.gif
4 MB, 360x312
>>29896826
The forearms.
>>
File: SaSgmRph.jpg (64 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
SaSgmRph.jpg
64 KB, 1024x576
>>29896826
You gotta stick it way, wayy up yout butt Morty.
>>
>>29897170
Kill yourself
>>
>>29897216
Look out guys! Professional knofe fighter/assassin is dropping some knowledge! BTFO!

A knife is a tool designed to open boxes and cut wood, you putz. There's literally no situation where needing to you'd need to speed draw a knife, that drawing a sidearm would be an infanatly better option
>>
>>29896884
>>29896866
Fucking rekt
>>
>>29896826
When I carried a medium sized fixed blade (SEAL Pup knife), I had it vertically behind the rifle magazine pouches in my vest. This kept it neatly out of the way of everything else and made it accessible from either hand. Now, this knife was carried primarily for utility and mission reasons, not for fighting, but the fact that it was ambi accessible and quick to grab made it a good spot if it came to that.

Carrying a knife on the shoulder is cumbersome and slow to draw. The full crossdraw required to reach it means more time for somebody attack if you to pin your arm, if you want to speak tacticool terms.

A knife on the belt keeps it on your first line, but most people stick full or midsize knifes at their 5 or 7 o'clock and that makes my wary, because some local could try a kamikazi attack to snatch it off your belt from behind. Keeping a small fixed blade at the 10 or 2 on the belt makes it very fast to draw, equal to mounting it in the center of a vest. However that limits you to a small knife which has little utility outside of pure fighting.

Just my $0.02. Continue shitposts.
>>
>>29896826
belt.
>>
>>29896826
The fastest draw is the one that you practice with, you can place it anywhere but if you don't know how to draw it you'll fuck It up and be slow.

Put it wherever you want and then simply practice drawing it.
>>
>>29896826
Depends where you wear your hands, feggit. Think high vs low and guard hand vs dominant hand. Take a look at whatever the draw and cut chink sword art is.
>>
>>29898549
you can try to kill me
>>
File: DesbiensRCmagpouch019.jpg (75 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DesbiensRCmagpouch019.jpg
75 KB, 1024x768
Try in front of the hips, with the hilt horizontal or slightly canted down.
>>
>>29899970
>raw and cut chink sword art
Iaido
>>
>>29896826
Also OP, worrying about getting the fastest knife draw is not really that relevant. Given open carry, almost any position that doesn't involve reaching behind you will be similarly fast. What matters is whether you can retain your knife in a grapple, whether you can access it with either hand, and whether your carry position allows you to get a strong grip as you access the knife.
>>
File: rps20160509_094508.jpg (131 KB, 1026x752) Image search: [Google]
rps20160509_094508.jpg
131 KB, 1026x752
>>29896826

I put mine here, pull up to draw, stab down to kill. Simple enough for me, last thing I want is a complicated or counter-intuitive draw. May not be the Internet's "best" but is for me.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (37 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
37 KB, 300x400
>>29900094
I actually did this one while deployed. Easy to draw with either hand, and a punch knife requires very little thinking, just "grab and start punching."
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.