[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird Gun Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 5346922_orig.jpg (51 KB, 800x571) Image search: [Google]
5346922_orig.jpg
51 KB, 800x571
Didn't find a fitting thread, so here we go.

Is there a gun where the trigger is above the barrel?

Why don't more firearms use helical magazines?

Why is the mateba design, where the barrel is on the 6 position of a revolver so rare? Does the claim it helps accuracy not hold up?

Is the gun in the picture all hype, or the dislike some people have of it is production issues?
>>
File: tank.png (361 KB, 691x349) Image search: [Google]
tank.png
361 KB, 691x349
some one tell me that the fuck the purpose of this is
>>
>>29896485
It's good for hiding Monsters from dickholes with shiny bits that like to ruin your fun. It shoots smoke to hide the tank.
>>
>>29896485
Those are the tank's whiskers

They help the tank to sense its surroundings and orientation
>>
>>29896485

T-shirt cannon
>>
>>29896437
>trigger above the barrel
Any firearm held upside down would qualify.

>helical magazines
Production costs no doubt

>mateba
They're not as popular as you're regular looking revolver. No ones going to mass produce a revolver that not many people want.
>>
File: 1457662480999.jpg (34 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1457662480999.jpg
34 KB, 500x333
>>29896437
>>
>>29896485
Situational countermeasure that probably never sees usage because you never know when a rocket capable of killing a tank is going to hit you.
>>
>>29896437
>Is there a gun where the trigger is above the barrel

look at the image you posted, dumbfuck
>>
>>29896485
net guns to capture the bad guys
>>
>>29896437
>Why is the mateba design, where the barrel is on the 6 position of a revolver so rare? Does the claim it helps accuracy not hold up?

the mateba is arranged in that way because it's recoil-operated. if you arranged it like a normal revolver it would be absurdly tall. that is the only reason it is shaped this way, it has nothing to do with accuracy.

the reason more revolvers aren't built this like is because most revolvers aren't recoil-operated.
>>
>>29896437
Gen 2 in 10mm will be tits
Assuming now that murrican branch of the company is in charge they still push forward
>>
>>29896560
>Any firearm held upside down would qualify.
While true, that's not it's supposed use, I mean like it was actually designed like that.

>Production costs no doubt
That does makes sense.

>They're not as popular as you're regular looking revolver. No ones going to mass produce a revolver that not many people want
So they are better, people just don't like how they look?

>>29896565
Oh, that's exactly what I was wondering it. Now to research if it's any good.

>>29896644
That's inline, as far as I can see.

>>29896685
But then why was the previous guns and the other guns that came out of mateba's work design like that when it wasn't recoil operated? Mateba used that same arrangement for quire a few guns, and only one of them had the semi-auto feature.
>>
>>29896546
Underrated
>>
>>29896715
Matebas aren't flying off the shelf, so they're not going to up production if they know they won't gain a profit. Since they aren't selling a ton, other companies aren't trying to copy them because it would be done at a loss.
>>
>>29896437
6 o'clock revolvers:
a)more complicated/expensive
b)hot gases blowing on your fingers
>>
>>29896754
Matebas haven't been made for decades, m8.
>>
File: hnnnnng.png (60 KB, 772x600) Image search: [Google]
hnnnnng.png
60 KB, 772x600
>>29896702
I already want it in .45, but 10mm is my wet dream now.
>>
>>29896565
Isn't that literally just the Vector prototype?
>>
>>29896546
You gave me great kekings
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.