[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As of today, how do I get an 11x Option 40 contract /k/???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: images (2).jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
6 KB, 275x183
As of today, how do I get an 11x Option 40 contract /k/???
>>
>>29894974
Your recruiter should throw it at you, they know most fail and get stuck in a shit MOS due to the needs of the service.
>>
Great job OP, you post a pic of seals with a question about rangers outside of the /meg/ containment thread for retarded questions like this. Fuck you.
>>
File: whatyouarerightnow.jpg (955 KB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
whatyouarerightnow.jpg
955 KB, 3648x2736
>>29895020
>>
>>29895119
kek
>>
>>29894988
>Your recruiter should throw it at you
Is this true, will they give option 40s and 18x to basically anyone?
>>
>>29894988

isnt it worst case scenario you end up in the 82nd?
>>
>>29897126
Ive heard thats true for 18xers but i dont know about option 40s. But isnt that bad still? ive heard 82nd is miserable.
>>
>>29897723

This older dude I know was in the 82nd. Joined because he was so desperate to get out of the shithole he lived in (where he lives now kek) and loved every second of it. Then volunteered for a deployment in the guard a few years later because he couldn't stand his wife and said Afghanistan was better that dealing with her bullshit. He's a really cool guy but he just keeps getting dealt bad hands in life. But yeah he told me the same thing, 82nd is rough, but it's what you make of it.
>>
>>29897826
I mean it still may be better than being just bare basic infantry idk but i feel like if you are going 18x or option 40 youre better off dying rather than quitting.
>>
>>29897116
yes
>>
>>29897116
Dude you gotta at least be smart and fit. In the army, brains > strength. Remember that.
>>
>>29894974
You a high school senior or have you already graduated?

It matters because 11x with option 4 and 40 are closed for the rest of the year (came straight from the mouth of the USAREC commanding general) but you can probably finagle a deal with the ROC if you don't mind your ship date being after October.
>>
>>29894974
hey dude I enlisted with an option 40. Wasn't half bad. Recruiter asked if I want to do 18x, said no, I wanted to be a Ranger, got me an option 40 in no time. Went to MEPS, confirmed it all, and on my merry way 6 months later.
>>
>>29897116
Only if it's available.

When I signed up, I wanted the 40 option, but wasn't available.
>>
>>29900495
I'm a junior, 18 tho. I failed 2nd grade because I had mono and missed 3/4 of the school.
>>
>>29901425

Oh shit that's an automatic DQ. All Rangers MUST have passed 2nd grade. It's not even waverable.

Sometimes they want certificates from the school saying you passed 2nd grade. You might be able to shop one from the Internet, just be careful.
>>
>>29901502
That was a good one. I'm weak asf. But for real, do you know about color vision requirements in the Rangers?
>>
>>29900495
the only truth so far in this thread.

>and maybe that washout from the 101st
>>
>>29900225
>>29900337
Can I ask how you guys know this? And i got a 95 asvab senpai and am in good shape so i wanna go for it.
>>29901289
You didnt hold out?
>>29900495
So more slots open up after the fiscal year? Are 18x still open?
>>
>>29902549
I didn't wait because I knew the war was ending soon, so I wanted to be able to deploy as soon as possible.

Turns out it didn't even matter because I never got to go to Afghanistan :'(
>>
>>29900510
and then what happened?
>>
>>29904649
he washed out to the 101st
>>
>>29904622
damn sucks man, what job did you end up taking? You still in?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.