[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we never see driver operated fixed guns on technicals?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: under-hood-shotgun-768x1024.jpg (173 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
under-hood-shotgun-768x1024.jpg
173 KB, 768x1024
Why do we never see driver operated fixed guns on technicals?
Worked out great for planes.
>>
>>29894914
because passengers
>>
>>29894931
I refuse to believe less dakka is an acceptable answer. Even if it is the truth.

Besides tire level bumper guns in VIP limos you don't see much. Sure smoke pots/bombs are triggered from the cab and the Syrian conflict made from some interesting xbox controller mods for servo mounted guns.
I would think an AK in a compartment in each wheel well on separate triggers could be useful.

Not muck four wheel dogfighting going on, huh?
>>
it's pretty hard to mount guns to something, hide them, wire them to a steering wheel, and keep the car still functioning as a car.
>>
File: scootyshoot.jpg (139 KB, 1024x723) Image search: [Google]
scootyshoot.jpg
139 KB, 1024x723
>>
>>29894914
Planes operate in three dimensions. Up, down, all around.
Technicals only move on the XY axis.
Audit a physics, geometry, algebra, etc course at your local community college.
Also, holy fuck you are stupid.
>>
>>29895557
So your telling me planes go up?And down?
Thanks for that. Really.
I guess since you can only go x,y in a technical all the ground targets would just change elevation. Must have missed that. Thanks again.
>>29895453
What is a solenoid and plumbers tape? Like in the OP.
>>
>>29895490
>crotch rocket
>>
>>29894914
Unlike planes, technical don't have to keep moving to fire, nor do they have as strict weight requirements and they have much slower relative velocities. Pointing the technical at another technical is just wasteful compared to rotating a gun, while aiming a gun from one plane to another is really fucking hard and sacrifices maneuverability for the extra weight to do so.
>>
>>29895729
This. What's the point of having a fixed firearm on the front of a vehicle when you can have an automatic weapon on a swivel operated by a crew member that has 360 degrees of rotation?
>>
>>29895684
Umm yup.

Go ahead and adjust range and elevation on a fixed plane op.
>shoot at target
>hit 1 mil low and left
>better jack up the front tires real quick jamal
>>
>>29895779
MORE DAKKA!
>>
>>29895829
That's what the 20 other culturally enriched gentlemen and/or peace-loving immigrants are for. That and providing meat armor for the guy on the 50 cal.
>>
>>29895858
I know the reality but it still seems like a waste of trigger fingers.
>>
File: groove.png (34 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
groove.png
34 KB, 480x480
>>29894914
Technicals no clue

They have been on cars since the 70s though
>>
>>29894914
That poor A-5.
>>
>>29894914
Pretty much too many things to do. Drive, change gears and if you're off-road/shit roads there's a whole new dimension of difficulty.
In terms of stability, vehicles just aren't the same as planes and helicopters, they bounce around, vibrate and carry on so you're never going to hit anything and just waste ammo. Did have my main weapon strapped across the dashboard though so it was within reach if needed, but mostly if there wasn't something the .50 or Mk19 couldn't kill, the SAW gunner next to me could do the job as well.

>former glorified vehicle driver
>>
>>29895490
>recoiless vespa
I like it.
>>
>>29898088
This car has been modified
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.