[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a shot at a 380 LCP for $150. I don't know much about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Ruger_LCP_Right_Side_B_1.jpg (82 KB, 1000x711) Image search: [Google]
Ruger_LCP_Right_Side_B_1.jpg
82 KB, 1000x711
I have a shot at a 380 LCP for $150. I don't know much about them. I've done a little price checking and this seems like a pretty decent deal.

What does /k/ think?
>>
>>29893377
That's a great fucking deal. SNAP IT UP NOW
I just paid 230 for mine a few months ago (Before tax)
>>
>>29893377
Save your money. They are pretty much a $50 gun in my opinion.
>>
>>29893377
My lgs was selling one for $450 lol
>>
>>29893377
For $150 that's a pretty good deal unless the thing is trashed.

It's a pretty decent firearm. I say go for it.
>>
>>29893377
Oh, make sure it has NO DASH in the serial number, otherwise you need to strip it and check the HAMMER for a triangle mark.
If It has a dash, and no triangle on the hammer it needs to be sent in for recall (Drop safety issue)
http://www.ruger.com/LCPRecall/
They are safe to shoot, but 1st gens pre-recall had a tendency to go off when dropped. Also, 2nd gen (no dash) have a better trigger.
>>
>>29893377
>What does /k/ think?

lcp custom for $230
>>
>>29893396
>>29893428
Sounds good, that's what I was thinking but didn't know for certain.

>>29893437
Thanks for the heads up, when I meet up to see its condition I'll double check.
>>
>>29893377
Good deal, but you're only saving $50-90 over new. These used to sell for $280 new, but now they sell for a lot less.

Keep in mind that there are three variants, and the first two variants aren't marked.
>Gen 1
The original LCP design. Has barely usable nubs milled into the slide for sights, and a pretty meh trigger pull.
>Gen 2
Improved since release. Has slightly higher nubs milled into the slide for sights (much easier to use), and an improved trigger pull (trigger has a shorter travel and is more evenly weighted through the pull).
>Custom
Has high profile sights that are dovetailed into the slide, and some other improvements that don't matter that much. Has a red trigger.

You can get Gen 2's and Customs right now, new, for anywhere from $200-240 online. I would also strongly suggest you consider an LCP with a stainless slide. All black LCPs are blued carbon steel (the Custom is highly polished, but the regular ones just have a matte blued finish). For a gun that will live in your humid, warm pocket, that's not great. I got light rust on mine in the first month I owned it because I mistook the matte black finish for tennifer or some other superfinish and didn't realize it needed to be babied like other blued guns.
>>
>>29893981
>Improved since release.
*I mean this is an improved version of the gun, updated since its original time of release. It's not a typo of "improved slide release." No LCP variant has a usable slide release.
>>
Save your money for a better gun, the LCP is terrible. My father has one, and its best use is to throw the entire gun at the bad guy.
>>
>>29893437

> actually giving a shit about safety recall
> actually giving a shit about the safety

Just don't pull the trigger while it's pointing at a person. Easy peasy.
>>
>>29893981
This is the best answer, and I would tell you to go with the Custom if you want a LCP. Ruger likes to add improvements to new models with a short turn-over, so these models aren't that far apart in production time. Did not know it had a finish issue like that, good to know.

>>29895144
"Not drop safe" - that's the kind of shit that you expect in a Taurus and an old SA revolver, not a pocket carry.
>>
>>29893377
LCP is an awful feeling weapon. Super long trigger pull that's hard to get a feel for, very snappy, and just feels like shit all around.

But that is definitely very cheap. If you're looking for a very small 380 that you don't ever plan to take to the range, it'll do that job for you well.
>>
OP reporting back in. I bought it, a friend really needed the money, he dropped it to 120. It wasn't worth it by the way. Hopefully some elbow grease, nitro, gun oil, and news paper will bring it back to half way decent. I did a couple dry fires with it and I would agree, trigger pull is meh. It wasn't taken care of so before I shoot it, I need to clean it. Yeah no pictures of it, I kind of feel embarrassed just by having a gun in that poor of maintenance condition. It does still rack stiff and the inside of the barrel looks good so I'm guessing it'll be alright. If there is any interest I can post a clean up thread with before and afters this weekend, but that's up to you guys.
>>
>>29893377
great little pistol. $250 is a good price for them new. $150 is a steal. Get it and carry decent ammo and you'll be good.
>>
>>29897830
>It wasn't worth it by the way. Hopefully some elbow grease, nitro, gun oil, and news paper will bring it back to half way decent. I did a couple dry fires with it and I would agree, trigger pull is meh. It wasn't taken care of so before I shoot it, I need to clean it.
I'll never understand why newguns think that a dirty gun is somehow worth less than a clean gun. Just clean it. There's not much that can go wrong with these little polymer pistols. So, what, is it scratched up or something? Broken parts? I'm guessing it just has some pocket lint on it and you are being a bitch about it.
>>
>>29898577
Not a newgun, its more so the fact the slide is rusted outside and in. I never said the slide moved smoothly, just that it had a good stiffness to it.
>>
How anyone would willingly own one of these pistols is an absolute mystery to me.
>>
>>29898612
Cerakote it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.