[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AR15 help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0354.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0354.png
2 MB, 750x1334
Hey guys, im relativley new to /k/ and i was looking for some help on building an AR15 for $600 and under would be great.
Help me /k/, you're my onlyhope
>>
Ignore spelling mistakes
>>
>>29891928

Just buy a PSA kit that doesn't say Freedom.
>>
>>29891960
Seconded.
>>
Not OP, but I'm also looking to build an AR. I've heard good things about PSA, what kind of accuracy can you expect from one of their basic midlength uppers?
>>
>>29891973
>>29891960
or PTAC
>>
OP here, can you guys explain why the freedom ones are bad, they're cheaper so is because they're just cheap and shitty
>>
>>29891960
What's wrong with the freedom kits?
>>
>>29891999
milspec
which is 2-4 moa usually in the 2-3 range
nothing special or out of the ordinary
>>
>>29892041
Nothing, PTAC is shitty but the Freedom hate is /k/ memes
>>
Windham Weaponry or CMMG barrels?
>>
>>29891928

Could save yourself the troubles and just buy a Ruger AR-556. Goes for $600 or so and sometimes a bit less. Friend has one, was a pretty nice little budget AR.
>>
OP here again, is it more cost effective to buy a kit and build it or buy an AR that's already built?
>>
>>29891999
depends on the barrel, twist rate and ammo
>>
>>29892109

The AR-556 is great only if you plan on making no future changes to that firearm. Too much is proprietary.

>>29892123
A kit.
>>
This IMO is a pretty good deal. Could have a complete AR for under $470. All you need with this is a stripper lower, which around me can be had for $49+ tax. $399 with free shipping is a good deal for this 1:7 twist stainless AR

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-stainless-mid-length-1-7-freedom-rifle-kit.html
>>
>>29892137
16", 1:7, standard stuff.
>>
>>29892123
depends
if you know exactly what you want kit.
if you dont know exactly what you want kit will cost more as you find new and exciting parts you didnt know existed but now must have.

if you just want an ar the difference is minimal like 100 bucks but the factory gun will have a warranty and hold its resale value (unless you overpaid for something shitty to start with cough carbon15,anything ati, etc)
frankenguns have minimal resale
>>
>>29892192

I meant what it's made out of.

Use 62gr and up for best results. I enjoy 75gr
>>
>>29891928

Check CBC industries for an upper. Made in Charleston SC, and they are free floated. a few of my pals tried them out and like them a bunch so far.

Get lower from PSA, also from SC

Get bolt and charging handle from either.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.