[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neck Knives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 812y87oMYJL._SL1500_.jpg (207 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
812y87oMYJL._SL1500_.jpg
207 KB, 1500x1500
Hey /k/. Looking to venture into the world of neck knives. Whats your opinion on them? What are some good ones I should consider buying? Have a favorite?
>>
Hard to get to especially in a tangle.

Id rather have it on the belt line or even on my ankle
>>
Think about it

You have a knife hanging from a loop around your neck under a shirt

its fucking retarded and dangerous
>>
>>29889525
my knives are tools, not weapons. I have no intention of using a knife in any kind of fight.

>>29889534
I see a lot of knife guys who wear them. Is it just a fad? There are some survivalist guys I have been following for a while that claim to really like them.
>>
There is nothing more gayer than neck knives. Nothing.

They are the gauge earrings of preppers.
>>
>>29889575
he never mentioned fighting but if you are in a uncomforatble position it is awkard to get to,esleciallyf you carry it under your shirt.if you carry it over your shirt,you're autistic.
>>
File: knife-cord-wrap-111.jpg (78 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
knife-cord-wrap-111.jpg
78 KB, 800x600
>>29889512
Talon tactical, it's small and I like it. I put it on my survival rifle, for a bigger knife the crkt stiff kiss is great.
>>
>>29889512
I like the little crkt knives, but I'd put them on my belt rather than my neck.
>>
>>29889575
respected bushmen wear neckknives, but to them, their ability to use that knife to transform their environment is central. some hunters that also whittle wear neck knives. i would carry a mora around my neck in a heartbeat, were i in the environment that beckoned it. but in the middle of an urban environment, 100% unnecessary, again, unless your environment calls for constant use of that knife.

either way, the top-down carry is superior to the bottom-up kydex carry, outside of a combat environment
>>
>>29891762
also, working the bush means your necklace will be flailing about, forcing you to question the true necessity of that rigup. you may be forced to adopt a more secure rig in the same area of access, but you may end up just using a belt knife

for easy access, a low hanging belt knife works also. like a hammer slip would
>>
>>29889512
I have that but keep it on the belt. Knives are too heavy for me to enjoy on my neck.
>>
Gräet for overcoming unmotivated bouncer patdowns.
>>
>>29889512
I bought a couple of condor bushbuddy knives. They are great and aesthetically one of the best looking knives I've seen. Also if reminds me of the cqc knife in mgs3. http://www.knifecenter.com/item/CN7046HC72/condor-tool-knife-ctk7046hc-72-bushbuddy-neck-knife-carbon-steel-black-blade-kydex-sheath
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.