[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last call
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 1450764920393.jpg (220 KB, 990x714) Image search: [Google]
1450764920393.jpg
220 KB, 990x714
So /k/ I have my last DEP call today before shipping out to basic next Tuesday, anything that I should know before going? I've already memorized the Airman's creed and can meet all the fitness requirements, so i'm not sure what else I can do to get ready.
>>
>>29889353
>Never underestimate the power of the Scout's code
>>
>>29889353
>Airman
Practice relaxing your throat for the cock insertion drills.

Also, not much more you can do. If you can beat the pft and already know the Creed you should be good. Learn your general orders. Learn how to polish boots. Make bed, fold clothes, etc. That will put you well ahead. It really isnt that hard, in all honesty. Best of luck to you.

(My apologies for shit grammar. On a stupid ass phone)

>Captcha is airplanes. Kek
>>
>>29889436
I don't need to practice relaxing my throat I've got that down pat, also since my grandpa was navy in the navy I asked my grandma if she could teach me how to sew buttons and iron properly. Also is it a good idea to take two of most things like shower shoes in case someone in my flight forgot to get them?
>>
>>29889353
Relax and remeber to have fun. This is a once in a lifetime experience. Enjoy every day. Basic is one of the easiest things you'll ever do if you are in shape. All you have to do is what you are told and remember to say Drill Sergeant after everything.

You're basically getting paid to play Simon says.

Don't take ANYTHING personally it's just a game. The Drill Sergeants are playing a role, you play your role and enjoy.
>>
>>29889462
I was in the Army then the Navy (US). Not sure how much different it is these days, but I didn't take anything except the clothes on my back. Everything was "issued" to us (then came out of our paycheck).

As soon as we stepped off the bus we were lined up. They read our name. We reported with our name DOB & SSN. Then handed them our paperwork. After of which we had a light medical screening/drug test/phone call(to let whoever know you made it) Then went to the issue room. Received all our necessary equipment. Shipped anything else back home. Got a haircut and got to going.

This happened pretty much the same for army and navy. Like I said though, not sure if anything has changed (this was almost 10yrs ago). I don't see why you would need to carry anything but your orders. Everyone will be issued what they need. Then after your first payment you will most likely get to go to the recruit px to pick up a few things that you may "need". Maybe make a phone call too.
>>
>>29889353
Calm yourself down you're setting yourself up to be that big faggot in the flight. Don't take extra shit for people you don't even need to take a shit load of stuff for yourself you'll be taken to the BX to buy it in the first couple days.

Air Force BMT is so fucking easy especially now. Literally keep your mouth shut, do not volunteer for anything, and do as you're told. It's simple. They can't cuss, they couldn't make you do exercises recently I think they changed that but it's literally like they can only smoke you for 20 seconds at a time it is a JOKE.

What tech school are you going to afterwards?
>>
>>29889583
Aircraft electrical and environmental systems
>>
>>29889583
Forgot to mention: you knowing the creed already is fine they're gonna have you memorize chain of command from your flight chief all the way up to the president so basically if you wanna be ahead start memorizing the president, vice pres, chief of staff. I'm sure there's a BMT study sheet online somewhere some of the stuff is specific to what squadron you'll be in but they harped on the memorization for all that.

Fitness is a joke as well. We didn't PT that much at all and the standards aren't difficult.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29889486
The only reason I'm taking anything is because my recruiter gave me this.
>>
>>29889594
Your tech school will be relaxed. Enjoy BMT it'll be the hardest shit you do. (I can't stress it enough... It's a joke...)
>>
>>29889612
Yeah that shit doesn't even apply. You'll literally be taken to the BX and be told what to buy by your TI. Don't take anything outside that list they'll do a bag drag and throw away whatever they don't like. Do not take anything alcohol based or in a spray can that'll be the first shit taken. Don't try to be the faggot who hides a phone in the dorms either there's always one who tries it.
>>
File: 1375391819903.jpg (219 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1375391819903.jpg
219 KB, 720x540
>>29889353
>that scope height over bore
>>
One of the main things i'm worried about is my weight, i'm at 184lbs and am only 71in tall, and the weight chart shows that my max went down from 205 to 197 a few weeks ago, but iv still got a a bit of fat left from before I started working out. Is it pointless for me to worry about it or should i start doing more cardio to try and drop a little more?
>>
>>29889612
This just seems like shit to carry for the hotel stay before the plane flight/bus ride to basic. You don't need this shit per se. You only stay at the hotel overnight. And you leave early as fuck anyway. Maybe you will get lucky and have some fine Ho's at the hotel. I fucked a fine slut before I left for navy basic at the hotel.

(Army/Navy guy for reference OP)
>>
>>29889644
If you don't meet the fitness standards then they'll start putting you with the fatty flight. If they're accepting you now and you can meet the standards I doubt they'll do anything to you.
>>
>>29889644
they will tape you, and tell you to lose weight
>>
>>29889648
I was talking to this cute as fuck blonde at the hotel, didn't smash, unfortunately
>former army 68w
>medical discharge because her CO knocked her up
>now trying for Air Force
>fit as fuck but retained those mom tits and fat ass
>24

she even had her own room because odd number of females. one of my biggest regrets
>>
>>29889644
Don't worry about it. People try to act as if basic is so hard. If you played any running sports in school (football, track, or soccer) It will be a cakewalk Physically. To me the worst part was I had never been around people that were really mentally ill until basic. The first couple of weeks you'll see and hear some insane shit until they get weeded out. They are harmless but strange as fuck
>>
>>29890939
I went to school with a guy that legitimately heard voices, I never played sports in school (I was the fat guy) but now I can easily squat 250 and almost bench it so I think I'll do fine with the physical part.
>>
>>29890939
elaborate? like they were just crybabies? or legit psychos that you felt uncomfortable falling asleep around?
>>
>>29891098
One guy had delusions. He was 19 but before joining the army he was a marine corpse drill instructor, an airforce and navy fighter pilot. He lived with 10 hot single college girls (he swiped a bunch of those pictures that come with new wallets as "proof") He later went AWOL.

One guy jerked off like 9 times a day.

One guy heard his name called even in total silence.

One guy tried to use one of the blades from a bic razor to slit his wrists.
>>
File: Marine.jpg (169 KB, 504x388) Image search: [Google]
Marine.jpg
169 KB, 504x388
>>29891352
>marine corpse
>>
>>29891352
if some suicidal little fuck starts aloha snackbarring, i have every right to lay him the fuck out, right?
>>
>>29891352
>One guy jerked off like 9 times a day.

>One guy heard his name called even in total silence.

Sounds like me, record is 6 times in 3 hours, and that hearing your name shit sucks.
>>
>>29889353
>the Airman's creed
lol
>>
>>29891831
enjoy that entry level separation
>>
>>29892013
should be "enjoy that medal"
>>
>>29891409
If you want to kill a zombie marine, wouldnt it be more efficient to get his zombie wife to fuck you so the marine zombie kills himself?
>>
>>29889583
They smoke you all they please, they can make you excercise in no more than 60 second intervals (My TI dodged this by making us do stuff, then going from parade rest to attention & back for 60 seconds, then back to exercises.)
>>
>>29889713
You upset me.
>>
>>29892811
why's that?

>i fell for the "don't cum before your physical" meme
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.