[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A while back, I want to say like 5 years ago, there was some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: jgfrtsudytugjk.jpg (9 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
jgfrtsudytugjk.jpg
9 KB, 226x223
A while back, I want to say like 5 years ago, there was some military or defense guy on 60 minutes talking about a new weapon that he said would change the modern battlefield as much as the tank had. I think the mil released some battlefield footage that accidentally revealed something about the weapon; with it being used in action. It may have been some footage that upon close inspection didn't make sense with what was then understood about battlefield technologies, don't really remember.

Does anyone know what I am talking about or what weapon they may have been referring to?
>>
The way they were talking about it it didn't sound like it was a new doctrine or tactic, neither did it sound like a digital or cyber weapon, nor didn't seem like anything to do with modern predator drones (well known about at the time). It sounded like an actual physical weapon.
>>
It was probably footage of the "Berenstein" Bears books that you're thinking of. The weapon was an interdimensional transportation device that moved the free world out of our original dimension and into this current one. Presumably, the middle easterners were positioned to win the war or a nuclear country was launching a strike that would've ensured destruction. Unfortunately, this dimension wasn't entirely identicle. Little changes like the berenstain bears to large changes like the liberal overtaking of US/Europe. They decided and immediate violent death was worse than a slow assimilation of liberal/muslim culture. Frankly I disagree with that choice.

Go watch rick and morty, first season episode 6. It's the same logic as them just dropping themselves into a new dimension.
>>
b
>>
>>29889160
Was it that weapon that "burned" people with some kind of radiation waves?
>>
I think it was some kind of projectile weapon, I vaguely remember it taking out a vehicle.

Also it looked like the projectile came in vertically from the top of the screen and bounced off the target. Leslie Stahl or some other bangable granny then said something about how the camera filming was just off the bore and on the same axis (like a coaxial camera instead of a machine gun) and the projectiles appeared to come from the top and bounce simply because the nature of ballistics.
>>
File: tumblr_o6k2kjGSqh1tqbqyuo1_500.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6k2kjGSqh1tqbqyuo1_500.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
>>29889160

If it's what I'm thinking of, you dont want the aftermath shown on the evening news. It's that brutal and that is a real concern for the modern battlefield
>>
>>29890284
Nah, it's like Crisis on Infinite Earths. All of the Alternate Universes collapsed into one main universe. A few of the details got jumbled up, and the resulting inconsistencies are causing some mental instability on a global scale, it's where the trumpfags come from.
>>
>>29889160
It was a rail gun probably.
>>
>>29892994
Well? Post it.
>>
>>29893019
>voting for hillary
>on /k/
>>
Railgun?
>>
>>29889160
That was Bob Woodward and he was talking about the UAV.
>>
Was it those metal storm grenade launchers?
>>
>>29897756
I reckon you're right, Aussie design if I'm not mistaken
>>
File: 765573-metal-storm.jpg (49 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
765573-metal-storm.jpg
49 KB, 650x366
>>29899863
Nothing ever came of it and they went bankrupt. I never understood the point of it, they had limited ammunition and couldn't be easily reloaded. You could add more barrels but it just became bigger than an autocannon.

It must have been metal storm, the only time 60 minutes would have anything nice to say about a weapon is if it was australian.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.