[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 299x450_q95.jpg (69 KB, 299x450) Image search: [Google]
299x450_q95.jpg
69 KB, 299x450
I just spent fucking 1500 dollers on gear, because i felt that the army issued stuff is shit.
how stupid am i /k/
>>
>>29885767
It's kinda excessive all in one go, and I can't for the life of me think what you could spend $1500 on that isn't a weapon, commo, or NODs (which you presumably already have).

You're a total gearqueer faggot. But so are most people on this board. At least you might use your shit.
>>
I spent a lot of money on gear too.

I bought mag pouches med pouches, and all sorts of shit.

I have a BDS Tactical Aid Bag and the Simple Stacker kit on the way. The kit I got now (Not FLC) has a velcro peel away in the center which sucks buttoning back up and the mag retention sucks. M9 Aid Bags are lackluster.

Army gear sucks. I only use it during trauma lanes because I don't want my coyote stuff getting drenched in fake blood.
>>
The worst part about field exercises with cell phone reception is your dumb ass good idea gear list becomes reality and you end up spending $$$ on more.
>>
Well, i am a medic and it kinda started out with me looking at a Medic bag ( the standart one is absolut shit), which made me think that my field bag was shit, and that whole thing turned into buying multi tools and a fucking battle axe for some dumb reason, i just could not stop my self, i think i am addicted to this, and thank the fucking gods i cant buy weapons were i live or i would have been bankrupt by now, ( this is my first time buying shit)
>>
it being my birthday as well didn't help, i am guessing its what made me go this far
>>
>>29885848
I think us medics have more pounds of Cordura in possession than most of the Army.
>>
File: photo.jpg (28 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
28 KB, 400x300
I've spent around that much. Mostly cold weather and sleep gear just to make things less shitty in the field so I feel like it's justified. I haven't been deployed so I don't feel like spending money on tactical gear until it's necessary. Also I can use the gear civilian side for camping.
>>
>>29885889
Sleeping bag wise, the standart issue shit is pretty good, we got a carinthia DEFENCE 6 + a biotent/bag thing, its pretty fucking awsome, compared to the old issued 1990s sleeping bags
>>
>>29885928
correction its a bivy bag
>>
>>29885928
Sorry I'm Canadian so our stuff is heavy shit. The only acceptable thing they issue us is the biv bag.
>>
>>29885767
Quality of life shit to make field exercises better:

>Headlamp with red filter.
>Polymer camping plate.
>LightMyFire spork.
>Polymer camping coffee mug
>Multispice container
>GoalZero solar charger for phone
>Flip flops
>Sea-to-summit stuffsacks

The food stuff allows you to turn MREs into a real meal. Just having a plate is such a big difference, and a coffee mug actually alows you to drink the coffee it comes with.

The solar charger keeps your phone alive.

Stuffsacks make packing your clothes and separating your dirties much easier.

Grab some cheapo flip flops, adjustable 2-point sling, aftermarket helmet suspension and a good book and you can shitbag in comfort.
>>
Army gear shit sucks this has literally been known since our fucking army started. Just deal with what you got and try to slowly replace the shit with good stuff you bought and disguise it as military issue.
>>
>>29885969
Holy fuck a Multispice Container would make our MRS fit for kings, i should have tought of that.
but i am interested why the flip flops
>>
>>29886003
>Disguise it as military issue

Your unit doesn't let you use aftermarket gear?
>>
>>29886003

In the army i am in, the only thing we are not allowed to modified or replaces, is medical shit and protection shit, so i dont really have a problem there
>>
>>29886029
Wear the flipflops when possible at night, or whenever you're bedded down, not needing to do shit. Keeps your feet aired out and dry, and it keeps your feet and boots from being too stank.

The more time out of your boots, the healthier your feet.

Just make sure your boots are very loose and prepped if you need to hop into them quick to repel OPFOR.
>>
You're not retarded if you saved your receipts and plan to deduct it from your taxes/
>>
>>29886349

not sure i can do that were i live
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.