[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Home Defense in NY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: 023929358323523.jpg (40 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
023929358323523.jpg
40 KB, 600x600
I have lived in Ohio for seven years but I need to move back to NY (state, not city) to take care of my family.

I currently have about a dozen firearms and a CHL in Ohio and none of them are legal in NY.

I am going to sell all of my funs before I move, so I will have a lot of money to buy one really good NY-legal option. Off the top of my head, a Mossberg 500 is the best bet, but what else fits the legal requirements that could be a better option?
>>
Sorry to hear you gotta move back here bud, but I'll try and help out. Where specifically are you moving to? This will change my answers somewhat.
>>
>>29883484
Westchester County.
>>
>>29883499
Shit, as far as I know you're fucked. If you were going to WNY I was going to recommend getting your CCL and buying mag locks for your ARs so you can keep most of your stuff. I'm guessing being that close to NYC their pretty shit about guns.
>>
>>29883528
Anyway you could get a Mossy 500 and maybe the Ares compliant AR
>>
>>29883499
holy shit I live in westchester, what town?
>>
>>29883573

Hey, and I grew up in Yorktown. This must be the saddest fucking thread on /k/.

>>29883447

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for advice on; you just want a nice gun that isn't an assault weapon? Because there are plenty of those, I don't know why you would think a $300 shotgun is your best bet.
>>
>>29883573
Scarsdale

.>>29883655
What is the best bet? A lever action? I'm not familiar with the laws and a neutered AR thing isn't really my cup of tea.
>>
>>29883676
jewsdale* Im from rye, Alot of people I know here have just pistols and hunting shotguns. A friend of mines father got arrested for having more than I think 4 guns
>>
>>29883676

Well what do you want? You can buy literally anything that isn't an assault weapon. You could buy an SKS or a nice Mauser rifle or blow thousands of dollars on an engraved Safari gun or a Gewehr 43. Just look up the state's definition of an assault weapon and buy anything that doesn't meet those criteria. That still leaves thousands and thousands of guns you could potentially buy, it's not like we could just list all the good guns that aren't assault weapons here in this thread.
>>
>>29883676
Get a 580 series mini14
>>
>>29883774
>>29883676
Also what is NY definition of an assault weapon?
>>
>>29883823

Alright buddy I want to help but let's not waste each others time with simple google searches

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=new+york+state+assault+weapon
>>
>>29883823
Semi-auto with more than one "evil feature", this includes removable magazine. So you can choose to have a removable mag and nothing else or affix the mag and have everything.
>>
>>29883850
>>29883848
https://safeact.ny.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/Pistolsthatareclassifiedasassaultweapons.pdf

>no cz scorpion

Get a CZ scorpion EVO 3 pistol and slap a thorsden "cheek rest" on it.
>>
>>29883882
Pistols with a magazine outside of the grip constitutes as an assault weapon, same with threaded bbl on pistols.

>please kill me
>>
>>29883971
You could always just say fuck it and keep your guns.

Leave em home, it's unlikely the police will find out about them as long as you keep your yap shut.
>>
>>29883992
This.

Unless you really need the money or you have a trustworthy Ohiobro to watch them for you.

Also what part of Ohio are you from? 740fag here.
>>
>>29883971
so a mac10 isn't an assault weapon?
>>
>>29884246
Looked it up myself, it probably is because:

>NY state law defines an assault weapon as:
>A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.

How do you even define that?
>>
>>29884218
I'm from NY, moved to Columbus, now moving back.
>>
Why not just keep them and keep them hidden?
>>
>>29884246
Over the weight limit for a semi auto mag fed.
>>
>>29883992
>>29884709
The NY Resistance is strong in WNY. We have the backing of the local LEOs for the most part, and most counties simply refuse to shoelace acknowledge the SAFE act. Downstate, Erie, and Monroe are largely hostile territory, sadly.

I suggest looking into building a NY legal AR and having some magazine parts laying around as decorations. You know, objects de art and all that.

Have you considered a Mossberg 930 out other autoloading shotgun?
>>
Why follow the law, just stash them.in your house cucky and don't let anyone find them
>>
How has no one removed bacon or got removed by bacon over this yet?

Is this forum all talk or what? Did NY'ers really just get rid of their salt raifus? Whats really going on up there, I dont undertand?
>>
>>29885364
NY here

Nyers are blue lives matter or black lives matter cucks

No in between or buts. You are either an anti gun puss or a cop sucker. You'd have no support here
>>
>Mossberg 500
Am I missing something here? Is your collection 4 hi points or what?
>>
>>29885478
Ouch, so most of populace is either left or right wing sheeple? IE the worst of the sheeple?

WTF is it gonna take for folks like that to ever wake up?
>>
NY here, just hide them. Nobody cares.
>>
>>29885548
Slow day at the NSA?
>>
>>29885612
That.... That's not how this meme works...
>>
>>29884590
More or less the same here. Grew up in the sticks outside Rochester. Though, I don't intend to go back.
>>
>>29885364

We've got fudds and libs. I work a gun counter and on multiple occasions when I suggested that background checks are unnecessary bullshit and the SAFE Act is the biggest pile of shit a state legislature ever put out, I have people BUYING A GUN FROM ME defending the shit. It boggles my mind. Eden/North Collins here btw.
>>
>>29883447

Will you sell them to me?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.