[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4983x3323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4983x3323
I found the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with a long time ago, and now I'm ready to propose. Pic semi-related, bare with me here.

She likes guns, so I have this idea; I'm proposing with a ring, and a gun. I know for a fact she'll say yes because we've been talking about it for months now.

I already have a nice ring bought, but here's the idea about the gun; she loves 1911s. So I want to buy a nice one, and have it custom engraved, with the words "Till Death Do Us Part" engraved on the slide in fancy writing.

What does /k/ think? Is it a good idea? Would any female /k/ommandos say yes to that if their man proposed with that?
>>
>>29881191
>>What does /k/ think? Is it a good idea?

She's going to get all your guns in the divorce
>>
>>29881191
Sounds creepy as fuck, like your gonna kill this bitch with the gun you bought her when she inevitably cheats on your gay ass.
Just make sure you kill Tyrone too.
>>
>>29881191

>have it custom engraved, with the words "Till Death Do Us Part"

Are you gonna shoot her with it when you get a divorce?
>>
>>29881229

Seconded
>>
>autism
Just get her a neato engraved 1911 after the wedding. No death to us part.
>>
>>29881191
>I'm proposing with a ring, and a gun.

For the sake of fuck. Just get divorced now. Before you even get married.

Find a way to refuckulate spacetime and go backforwards somehow and undo your fuckup marriage in the future, retroactively somehow.
>>
>>29881191
>2016
>having sex with women
>>
>>29881191
All seems good apart form the "Till death do us part".
Maybe get her name engraved or a meaningful date, i.e anniversary. Or, hell, just get it engraved all pretty-like.
>>
File: 1436754297234.jpg (57 KB, 500x668) Image search: [Google]
1436754297234.jpg
57 KB, 500x668
>>29881229
thirded
>>
>>29881191
>So I want to buy a nice one, and have it custom engraved, with the words "Till Death Do Us Part" engraved on the slide in fancy writing.

Lets...not do this part.

If you really want to get her a custom engraved 1911, just engrave it with her name.

That way, it's just as worthless as the ring, to anyone else, if you do get a divorce as all these anons are preaching about.
>>
Hey my gf has expressed interest in having a purse gun. I want to get her a little revolver when I have the money, but what should I get?
Something she can point and shoot without much hassle and with low recoil would be a ideal. I know jack shit about compact revolvers.
>>
>>29881191
You could have it engraved with "Will you marry me?" and have the ring inside the magazine (remove the spring and follower first; make a foam block to hold the ring below the follower; replace the follower but not the spring).

Present her with the gun, perhaps waiting for a special occasion or even just the next time you go shooting with her.
>>
Get a gem stone put in the trigger guard
>>
>>29881191
How romantic
>OP proposes with the gun he'll eventually kill her with
>>
>>29881313
See now, that's a good idea
>>
>>29881313
Seconded.
>>
File: itsafucking1911jesus.jpg (797 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
itsafucking1911jesus.jpg
797 KB, 2000x1333
>>29881191
"Till death do use part" sounds a bit ominous engraved onto a gun. I'd suggest finding something else to put on there.
>>
File: FunWithAGun.jpg (160 KB, 624x624) Image search: [Google]
FunWithAGun.jpg
160 KB, 624x624
>>29881191

Replace the autistic " 'til death do us part" with "shall not be unfringed". Yes, "UNfringed". Let her figure it out.
>>
>>29881313
or maybe have it in a nice box with the slide locked back with the ring in the chamber/ejection port
>>
>>29881229
this. just buy her a ring with a nice non-carbon-jew stone you autistic fuck.
>>
>>29881313
OP here, this is better idea. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>29881263
Are you Christopher Nolan?
>>
>>29881191
does she give you free sex whenever you want? how do you even know if she's "the one"?
>>
>>29881648
>in a relationship
>free sex

Pick one
>>
>>29881662
the free sex..?
>>
>>29881191

Get matching ones
>>
File: 1458946785264.jpg (47 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1458946785264.jpg
47 KB, 640x400
>>29881229
This. It's gonna end badly for OP, I know it. pic semi related
>>
I think she would like it better to have a ring plus a signed paper claiming you will seek psychiatric help, you fucking autist
>>
at first read I thought this was "what gun should I murder my wife with"

how come the man doesn't get a gift and also the wedding is for the woman
>>
>>29881366
what the fuck man
>>
great idea, get a matched set.
>>
"Til death do us part" on a gun is 20th level autism
>>
OP is getting a custom 1911 for his wife, which says "Til death do us part" on it.

That way after she replaces every internal piece and it is still malfunctioning, she will be reminded of the horrid omen of her failed marriage. "Til death do us part" with "custom 1911 reliability."

Clever, OP. I get it. Best not to marry someone just to play a prank, though.
>>
>>29881311
Take a look at the lcr or lcp series from ruger and find a caliber she'll like. I personally stand by the revovlers. It's simple and reliable; Saved my life.
>>
>>29884683

>womyn need revolvers
>this meme again

purse gun is a bad idea anon. on the body carry is best.
>>
>>29881304
*when you get a divorce
Ftfy

Honestly OP do this. If you have to do something more cringe worthy than this already cringe worthy, have it be both your names and together forever or a heart or some shit below it. Ruining the guns value for anyone but her/you/future family is a good plan.

Also propose first, then take a daytrip somewhere neat and surprise her a second time with dat 1911 engraved with her name. Remember cubic zirconia and diamond are practically indistinguishable without a hardness test and surgical stainless looks just like white gold.
>>
>>29881191
dude, that's gonna be expensive as fuck.
and even then, she might not say yes.
so now you have;
>ring cost (probably 2 grand ish)
>possible wedding cost (10k or more)
>possible honeymoon cost if not included in wedding cost (possible 10k or more)
>a fucking engraved 1911 (2500+ for a good one at least)
dude, no.
also that's a kinda creepy engraving. makes it seem somewhat threatening when put on a gun.
go with something sappier.
>>
>>29884879
Hmmm I get the purse gun side of it, and I agree to an extent, but I'd want to have one in my purse rather than not carry at all and practice with it.

Also, revolvers for who? I'm carry a 357 everyday, it's not a meme, revovlers are just easier to operate in an adrenaline fueled situation, and if you need more than six shots, you either need to practice more, or run away very quickly. You're not the police, it's for just you.
>>
>>29884990
>le if you need more than x rounds meme
leave.
more rounds is always better and in a firefight you don't know how many you may need, you always want more than your proposed maximum.
>>
>>29884987
The irony that the more you spend on a wedding and the more your soon to be ex wife obsesses over it, the higher the divorce percentage. For two reasons
>this is the high point for her, the getting married. Marriage is the downward slope of the mountain she just climbed. Also the stress of all the retarded wedding planning shit no one really cares about besides the bride and the groom cutting the check
>the higher the financial strain you put on your new marriage, the more fucked up your early married life will be.
>romantic love fades 3-4 years into a relationship, being replaced by companionate love or fucking nothing. Most marriages happen 3ish years after the start of a relationship.
The average expensive wedding is a perfect storm of divorce triggers.

Friends, immediate family, a nice outdoor venue, a normal white dress and rented tux, and a comped meal for guests at a good resturaunt=30-50k in the bank, no added stressors at the start of the new "us", and your wife gets to relish on the asshurt of all the people she snubbed with your "small" (read as: exclusive) wedding.
>>
>>29881962

What?
>>
>>29885116
yeah, but hipsters have been shitting up that market so now all those nice little outdoor venues are expensive as fuck.
add in catering, since there's no goddamn way you're gonna potluck it, and it gets expensive.
plus she's gonna bitch because "well if I don't get a good venue I at least want a good dress and cake" makes up for it.
weddings are bullshit, my dudes.
get a cheap ring, go to the courthouse, sign the papers, then go to hawaii or some shit and call it good.
>>
>>29885116
THIS OP TAKE NOTE
>>
>>29885160
If she cares that much about the wedding and material trappings, she's not someone who you should marry. Ever. The wedding process is the final safeguard to find out if the love of your right now is a psycho cunt.
>>
>>29881191

>engraved, with the words "Till Death Do Us Part" engraved on the slide in fancy writing.

Not gonna lie OP, that's creepy as fuck.

If I got a gun from my girlfriend with that engraved on it I'd assume she was threatening to kill me.

Just get her an engagement ring, if you want to get her a gun as a gift then groovy; but don't try to tie it in with your engagement like an autist.
>>
>>29881191
> To have and to hold
> To keep and bear
>>
>>29885025
Where the fuck in middle America do you love you simeton? It better end in stand if youre planning on getting into a firefight every single day you fucking tactitard. You realize youre just as bad as the fudds, right? You scare normal people from this hobby with your fucking made up bullshit and it pisses me the fuck off. Name one situation in America, where I needed more than 6 rounds to defend myself?

>huuur fucking duurrr seven attackers!!

I drop one, the rest go running, and if they don't, 17 round won't do shit. Fuck your kind get me so pissed. You have no reason or justification, you just want others to feel bad for carrying a revolver. Carry you're glock 19 with an extension, and a red dot, I don't give a fuck. But stop telling me or anyone else that they should either carry a gun that you like in a way you approve or never at all. That kind of advice can hurt someone.

Fuck you got me. 6/10 for the response. Nice bait fag.
>>
File: 1455774621889.png (167 KB, 894x598) Image search: [Google]
1455774621889.png
167 KB, 894x598
>>29885025
Also fuck you. Apparently you've never heard of speed loaders and extra rounds for revolvers.
>>
>>29881191
Bro, obviously a Kimber. Ultra sapphire or amethyst, pick one. Personally, I'm going to have one custom made in Tiffany blue when I propose. Best of luck man.
>>
>>29885640

I thought at first he meant like

he'd engrave his gun till death do us part, you know, as a message to the gun

that'd be pretty cool, muh colt .45 for life
>>
>>29881311
>purse gun
no
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.