[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3-5 years ago >Hyped up as the best thing for .223 shooters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14
File: ShrubMasterACR.jpg (86 KB, 720x270) Image search: [Google]
ShrubMasterACR.jpg
86 KB, 720x270
3-5 years ago
>Hyped up as the best thing for .223 shooters since the forward assist
>Promises of caliber conversion kits for 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Gren., 7.62 M43
>Couldn't browse many /k/ threads without SOMEONE bringing it up
>"First run MSRP is a little high, but it'll come down as more enter the market."

FFWD to present:

>*crickets*

What went wrong, /k/?
>>
>>29876970
It's an $1800 ar-15, for that price I can build a truck quality m4 and buy $1000 worth of ammo.
>>
>>29876970
>shrubmaster
Like you needed to look further for your answer.

Literally everything that could go wrong, did.
Literally everything they promised it would be, it wasn't.
>>
File: grass.jpg (413 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
grass.jpg
413 KB, 800x600
>>29876970
>What went wrong, /k/?

Bushmaster/Remington is what happened.

Masada was fine under Magpul. Then B/R came with the ACR.

A fucking shame really.
>>
File: 1422121072204.jpg (920 KB, 1200x1417) Image search: [Google]
1422121072204.jpg
920 KB, 1200x1417
The MSBS might pick up where the ACR left off.

One can only hope.
>>
>>29877041
>inb4 3 MOA with match ammo
>>
>>29877064
The poles will do better than the jews.
>>
>>29877041
>the name literally contains BS
>he's still hopeful it won't live up to the name
>>
if only there was some way I could push two pins out

change my upper receiver

and then push two pins back in

and then have a different caliber
>>
>>29877002
It's not an ar-15, and you aren't gonna be making any "m4"'s that cheap
>>29876970
Bushmaster happened. Oh and magpul can't deliver on weapon designs
>>
>>29876970
>>Promises of caliber conversion kits for 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Gren., 7.62 M43
This.

On paper it sounds good but it would be faster just replace the fucking upper.
>>
>>29876970

It wanted to be a SCAR, but used its users as beta testers/suckers.
>>
>>29877020

>Masada was fine under Magpul.

They've had nearly a decade to release a new different design and put it into production. They've done jack shit and it's not because they put all their eggs into the Masada design patent.

They would have failed even harder.
>>
File: ACR_menu_icon_MW2.png (40 KB, 300x152) Image search: [Google]
ACR_menu_icon_MW2.png
40 KB, 300x152
this fucking piece of shit
>>
>>29876970
It's American.

Not even joking, name one good gun that we make. Even the Belgians and Germans make a better AR.
>>
Is it at least a good gun? I understand not having caliber conversions that were promised sucks but is there anything actually wrong with it? Does Bushmaster/Remington actually fuck up the quality?

I just want a 5.56 shooter that has a folding stock and doesn't shit where it eats. So far best I've seen proposed is this >>29877041

>>29878037
Correct. See above, Poles did it better. Everything American is lowest bidder parts/assembly and planned obsolescence garbage.
>>
>>29878019
That was a great gun if you knew how to keep your distance.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
>>29878052
Get a mcx there a lot of fun.
>>
>>29878469

6.8/6.5 and 20" barrels when?
>>
>>29878066
That thing was effectively a laser rifle. Zero fucking recoil. Just hold over the target till it dies
>>
File: JCL_3146.jpg (75 KB, 674x450) Image search: [Google]
JCL_3146.jpg
75 KB, 674x450
>>29877041
How about Desert Tech MDR
>>
>>29878469

You do realize that whole fucking gun is made out of 6061 aluminum right? Jesus christ how anybody defend an entire rifle being built out of that fucking butter metal?
>>
>>29876970
>What went wrong
Remington is what went wrong.

>>29877002
It's an AR-18. The gimmick was a lightweight plastic build (so kinda like a G36, but better). A big sellingpoint was that it was supposed to be easy to swap barrels on, but Remington never delivered on their promises on caliber conversion kits.

>>29877041
Let's hope so.

>>29877064
3 MOA is good enough for the average Joe, consider that US Army contracts stipulates that a rifle needs to be within 4 MOA

>>29878037
>name one good gun that we make
Ithaca M37
M&P-15 (at it's price)
Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter
S&W 5906
Ruger 10/22
Wilson Combat anything
PTR-91
Savage anything
>>
>>29876970
"Bushmaster Firearms Intentional, LLC has become aware of a possible firearms performance issue that may develop with a small number of ACR rifles and we are requesting you discontinue the use of this rifle immediately, and contact us at your earliest convenience so that we can make the necessary arrangements to have the rifle returned to us for inspection and update if necessary.

All Bushmaster produced ACR rifles are impacted by this notification.

During routine testing, Bushmaster discovered a design flaw which could result in multiple rounds firing continuously when the trigger is pulled. This unexpected firing of multiple rounds creates a potentially dangerous situation.

Since the safety and quality of our firearms is our utmost concern, Bushmaster is implementing the following corrective action plans to correct the effected firearms as quickly as possible."

After shrubmaster returned the rifles you could no longer remove the barrel, and the caliber conversion idea was dead at that point.
>>
File: 1392867257417.jpg (78 KB, 437x458) Image search: [Google]
1392867257417.jpg
78 KB, 437x458
>>29881360
>design flaw which could result in multiple rounds firing continuously when the trigger is pulled
More like premium feature.
>>
>>29878052
>I just want a 5.56 shooter that has a folding stock and doesn't shit where it eats.

Just get a SCAR instead.
There is EXTREMELY limited parts support for the ACR. A lot of work you could easily do yourself requires to send it back to Shrubmaster instead.
>>
>>29880469

> Butter metal
> Still used in airframes, industrial applications like trucks, building materials, and also mountain bikes.

While 7075 is the stronger material by far, 6061-T6 is plenty strong enough for everywhere that doesn't get bolt wear on the gun as long as it doesn't get too thin, and it's far easier to extrude according to welder-fag on /k/. Sig uses steel plates at the wear points.

If 6061 was super malleable, I'd think you'd hear about the Daniel Defense Omega rail bending all the time, since it's also 6061.
>>
File: Korl.jpg (11 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
Korl.jpg
11 KB, 360x240
>YFW Ian does a Forgotten Weapons episode on it
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 287x176) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 287x176
>>29878052
Get an ARX 100. It has a folding stock, it is very reliable (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVe7d7xJdAo).
Plus,you can swap the barrel in literally seconds.
I have one and I love it.
>>
>>29878052
Sounds like you don't understand how the stoner gas system works.
>>
>>29877200
Underrated post
>>
>>29878492
No idea but 300 black out is our and 7.62x39 is on the way but wouldn't mind have a 20 inch battle though.
>>
>>29879086
I am very hype. I hope it lives up to expectations.
>>
>>29877041
>>29877200
>if only there was some way I could push two pins out

https://youtu.be/iDFL5S-s46Y?t=93

The poles get pretty close.

Man i want one so fucking bad.

To bad they are more worried trying to sell a couple million of those to the poles.

US market a secondary concern.
>>
im thoroughly disappointed f a m. it looks super fucking sex and i almost sprung for one but then read all the fucked up reviews and decided to by a uspc and build another ar instead. im happier with what i ended up doing with the money but the acr still gives me a boner.

kinda like a chick thats super hot but when you talk to her she talks like shes deaf and shes a massive cunt
>>
>>29883488
1.5-2 MOA, no ability to accept gen 3 PMAGs.

no thanks
>>
>>29878052

Buy a SCAR or be another guinea pig hoping you guessed correctly this time.
>>
>>29878037
>>29878037
Anon, most gun companies have moved to America, so I won't count those but you might.

We invented machine guns (the Maxim) the silencer (Maxim again) John Moses Browning was American and made fucking amazing guns (the BHP, while produced in Belgium, was, at least mostly, the brain child of JMB) , the borchardt (one of the earliest if not the first semi automatic handguns; also, I unfortunately don't remember the number designation.) the Winchester M1897 was American, the 7.62x51 cartridge was based of the obsolete .308 savage cartridge, The Gatling gun was excellent, and, while I dislike the AR-15 myself, it's still an okay gun.
The M1 carbine, the Thompson, the AR-18 (when not produced by fucking morons)
That's everything off the top of my head.
There's more (the Ithaca gun company's pretty good, as >>29881117 said) but I can't remember The names.

I will admit, we've been pretty shit the past few years though.
>>
>>29885094
>his gun doesnt have a built in magazine unloader
>>
>>29878037
Surgeon
>>
>>29885382
All guns have magazine unloaders
>>
>>29879086
It'll never take off. It's too fucking expensive and Desert Tech will never get any contracts to produce it. It'll be a collectible in 15-20 years, but it'll go largely forgotten.
>>
File: IC-SPR.png (245 KB, 1000x596) Image search: [Google]
IC-SPR.png
245 KB, 1000x596
>>29878037
>Even the Belgians and Germans make a better AR

LWRC is pretty good, senpai. It competes with the rest.
>>
>tfw you will never own a real Bushmaster
>>
>>29883532
Of course he doesn't, he regurgitated the "shits where it eats" meme.
Wanting a folding stock is valid though.

>>29882267
SCAR is great, but it's also very expensive.
>>
>>29884416
us market is a bitch to get into due to import regulations.
they'd have to subcontract alot of shit.
thats not the first thing they'd want to do
>>
>>29885252
american military industrial complex is based as fuck and develops a lot cool shit.
but the modern private consumer market fucks all those inventions in the ass.
>>
Speaking of broken promises, what ever happened to Colt's modular rifle? The CM90whatever.
>>
>>29885094
Hey don't be so critical, that's a built in safety feature.
>>
>>29881564
Not if it fires out of battery, as guns are wont to do when slamfiring.

Removing the barrel change feature was more than likely unrelated and whether or not issues with slamfiring were true, it was probably a good excuse to remove that feature to get the monkey off their back.

It's a shame that Remington got the ACR, they should pass it on to Marlin, they seem to have gotten their shit together, and could probably put it out in at least .223 and .300 with passing competence.
>>
>>29878037
>German
>AR-15
>anything special
It's a good quality rifle with an uneccessary shortstroke gimmick, comes with heavy steel mags, and features a quadrail as standard, which frankly, is SO 2008.

There are equally good and better American made ARs.
>>
File: Xcr_cqb.gif (307 KB, 2050x753) Image search: [Google]
Xcr_cqb.gif
307 KB, 2050x753
I present, for everyone's consideration, the Robinson XCR-L. Never seen this gun posted or discussed here.

>Conversions to other calibers and barrel lengths can be performed in 2 to 3 minutes without the need of a trained armorer, and using only a standard hex wrench, and consist of changing to the appropriately chambered barrel and bolt, replacing brass deflector (optional) and insertion of appropriate magazine.
>.300 Blackout, 6.8mm Remington SPC, and 7.62×39mm are the current conversion kits available.

Under all the plastic and doodads it's basically an AK with a quick-change caliber conversion system.
>>
>>29889115
Canadians talk about it more, since it happens to be non-restricted.
>>
>>29889115
I read that as "Rhodesian XCR-L" and got very confused and mildly excited for reason I'm not 100% sure about
>>
>>29889115

LGS has one of these for ~$1400, been thinking about picking it up.

Seems weirdly cheap for what it is though, all the other rifles built for the SCAR contest (including the ACR and obviously the SCAR itself) sell for significantly more.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 B, 486x500
>>29877041
i want the bullup version desu
>>
>>29889168

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=338018

Robinson Arms is infamous for being hit or miss. You will get threads claiming excellent customer service, or threads where they don't return your e-mails and basically refuse to help you if you complained about them publicly.

Google XCR recalls and you'll see why the rifle was not ready for the SCAR trials even if they weren't disqualified.

Unfortunately, they've deleted the letter on the XCRforum because of the bad publicity, but some have it archived.

>Dear XCR Fans:

>As usual I don't have much time to bother with these sites. We've made a lot of much need changes at Robinson Armament Co. Before I address the changes, let me put things in perspective.

>Robinson Armament could have made lots of money making AR-15 knockoffs. It would have been infinitely easier for us to have just made an upper receiver which would have fixed some but not all of the shortcomings of the AR-15. Instead, we ventured to make a better battle rifle. We began with the M96. The M96 was a tough project. It had a piston drive and a better bolt and ejector. However, it still retained many flaws that were inherent in Stoner's design. Many didn't buy the M96s because they were "too expensive" or "had ugly welds". Nevertheless, the M96 was a step in the right direction.

>The XCR was designed almost totally from scratch. We make or have made almost every part, pin, and spring. The goals of the XCR were very ambitious. Especially, the modularity and multi-caliber aspects. I pose this question: How many other firms have really designed anything really new from scratch? FN, Remington, Bushmaster, Colt? The answer is none of them. (I must admit that at least FN has made the P90 and that 2000 Bullpup).
>>
>The fact is that almost every "new" rifle out there is based on someone else's work. The XCR is not. It is truly unique. Yes, it borrows some concepts from other rifles, but each part had to be designed without copying anything else to get the result we wanted. In short, Robinson Armament dared to challenge the establishment with a very different rifle.

>Robinson Armament's efforts should have been embraced. However, from the beginning, we have nothing but crap on the internet. I distinctly remember posts on AR-15.com shortly after I announced the XCR. The post were that it was "Vaporware". Other posts exclaimed that it would never be built or never work as promised. Such posts made it very difficult to get the XCR off the ground and made people very skeptical of the new XCR.

>Other posts exclaimed that we were going out of business. It seem that the whole rifle world was against us. I have often wondered why so much negativity for a new weapon platforms? It is as though people really don't want any new platforms. Thee people claim to want the best but all they do is whine. It is no wonder to me that others don't venture out with new designs - they are shot down before they begin.

>It has been just over 5 years since the first XCR shipped. The XCR was not perfect and our processes and procedures for making it have not been perfect either. When we began the XCR, we had no manufacturing experience. Not only did we come up with a new and different rifle design, we had to learn to manufacture it.

>I will say that learning to make the XCR has been equally or more demanding that designing it in the first place. It has taken over 5 years to get the XCR where it is. The XCR now shoots 4 calibers (we are just finishing testing 5.45x39mm). I shoots them all well. It has the best ergonomics on the planet, and the most modularity. It is also super reliable and durable.

>With this background let me explain the much needed changes.
>>
>We spent much of this year retooling our shop to make XCR parts better and faster. Concurrently, we completely revamped our quality control, not only during making parts but during assembly and final testing. Every rifle that leaves our facility now is much more thoroughly tested. There should be few if any returns needed from this point forward.

>In addition to making the rifle better, we have also gone through our complete staff and made the changes necessary to improve customer service which was sorely lacking. We have a completely new staff for sales and service who are eager to help. Turn around on any service problem will be very fast. To get fast service, read on.

>I'd like to post just a few more comments regarding service. Some of you will not like these comments:

>First, when you call for service, be polite. If you are not polite to my staff, I guaranty you will have a pleasant experience. Remember the old saying, "You can attract more files with honey that with vinegar." If you call with an attitude, my staff has been instructed to put you on the back burner. If you are nice and polite, you will get quicker service.

>Second, please read the manual carefully. I know it's boring but there's important information there. Many people do not understand that you need to set the gas correctly for function and durability. It's really quite simple - put it on the setting that throws the brass 8 to 15 feet from the rifle for any given ammo. Do not just leave the gas system on the highest setting, If you do, for some ammo it will kick like hell, throw your brass 40 feet, give you trigger slap, and damage your recoil buffer (a cheap part).

>Third, please send us the following information:

>Name, Address, Email and Cell number;
>Serial Number;
>Signed Copy of your warranty Registration found in the last pages of the Operator's Manual; and
>>
>A complete description of the problem, BE BRIEF. If you write and essay about your vast knowledge of firearms base on your long time relationship with your AR-15, we won't read it.

>We will authorize the return to us of part or all of your firearm. WE DO NOT PAY FOR SHIPPING TO US.

>Fourth, if you post a bunch of whiny petty negative stuff here or anywhere, I guaranty very slow service. I have made that a policy. Yes, we've made lots of mistakes with service but that is behind us.

>Now for some parting comments. I am very happy with the current state of the XCR. It continues to gain in popularity. A great part of our sales are to Military and Law Enforcement professionals. Though we've got the XCR to the point where is nearly perfect, we are not stopping. We will continue to perfect the platform and add accessories. Work continues on the XCR .308. It will be finished when it is perfect and we hope that will be soon.

>We appreciate those who stand by and support us. They are true patriots. We have to question the motives of those who continue to tear us down on this forum. They cannot stop us. Their petty feeble minds are easily exposed. The XCR will gain momentum until it covers the whole earth. There is no other platform like it and it is the best.

>Sincerely,

>Alex J. Robinson
>General Manager
>Robinson Armament Co.

>P.S. Don't expect me to read and respond to this post. It is for your information only.

>I've had a few emails that have asked me to clarify a few things.
------
Note this part "Fourth, if you post a bunch of whiny petty negative stuff here or anywhere, I guaranty very slow service. I have made that a policy. Yes, we've made lots of mistakes with service but that is behind us."
>>
>>29889373
>>29889379
>>29889387
>>29889396

Whoa, thanks for this post Anon.

That actually changed my mind about buying the rifle, I don't want a single dollar of my money going to this arrogant douchebag.
>>
>>29889396
Man that dude just loves to tell you how magical his fucking AK knockoff is.
>>
>>29889396
Wow what a cunt
>>
>>29889079
Marlin is made on the Remington factory
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.