[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /k/ I've been a longtime lurker here but I need some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8
File: 0,,18834404_303,00.jpg (55 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
0,,18834404_303,00.jpg
55 KB, 700x394
Ok /k/ I've been a longtime lurker here but I need some advice from y'all.
I'm joining the Chicago PD, something I've wanted to do since I was like 12, and I have never owned or even used a gun before.
What should I get for my patrol sidearm?
>>
Shameless bump because why not?
>>
You use what you're issued until you finish field training at which point you comply with the department policy manual and use what you like. Trying to be different and upgrading your gear during probationary period without permission makes you a stupid boot that will eat at your training officer's patience.
>>
>>29870514
>What should I get for my patrol sidearm?
9teen eleben for dat stabbin powah
>>
>>29870514
I took the exam in April. Nobody was there, lottery should be easy this time around. CPD is now issuing recruits Glocks 17/19. If you were on the job prior to 2010 I think you were allowed a much larger list to choose from including diff calibers.
>>
>>29870849
Glock 19 is a good choice, simple and utilitarian

No need to over think a service pistol but op should get the list of approved firearms and try to test them at a local range
>>
>>29870514
Ask a Chicago cuck Lord.

Get fucked I'm in Wisconsin and think of you as my toilet. I hate having to even drive thru toilet town.
>>
>>29870514
CPD lets you carry a glock, m&p, or XD. Go to a range and shoot all three. The one you like best is the one you buy and carry.
>>
>>29870514
>I'm joining the Chicago PD
Hooboy. Here's some reading material for you:

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/
http://heyjackass.com/
>>
Why would you dream of becoming the jackboot of the state?
>>
>>29871038
Its Shitcago, he's just flushing the toilet bowl. He's doing more good in that city.
>>
>>29870514
deagle in 50 African Eliminator, obviously.
>>
>going into Public Service in Chicago

In 10 years this city is going to be Detroit. The city is already trying to cut pensions because they're lacking resources to pay. There's already a flight out of the city with the rich, taxes are going to up, and gang violence is out of control since most of them are in league with the city alderman: http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/January-2012/Gangs-and-Politicians-An-Unholy-Alliance/

And the criminals are now emboldened because cops are pulling back after too much criticism.
>>
>>29870514
HK USP 9mm
>>
>>29871162
Found the nogunz^
>>
>>29871075
Why do you think it's so shit to begin with.

Even Los Angeles is better off.

The cancer starts at the top.
>>
The only good cop is a dead cop
>>
>>29870514
>I'm joining the Chicago PD, something I've wanted to do since I was like 12
were you bullied in school?
>>
>>29870514
I hope you get killed in the line of non-duty.
>>
>>29870514
fuck you
>>
>>29871075

Think again.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/24/chicago-police-detain-americans-black-site
>>
File: Flamethrower_straight.jpg (16 KB, 500x242) Image search: [Google]
Flamethrower_straight.jpg
16 KB, 500x242
>>29871178
I'm sure

But Shaqanda and her many bastards are near the bottom. Criminal rehabilitation is a myth. You can fire your Chicagoan establishment, but Chicago's denizens need to be purged by flame.
>>
>>29871238
>schools are shit
>police do nothing to crack down on violent gangs
>all of the jobs are taxed out of the area

There's nothing that you can't make worse if a couple faggots have their hands in the till.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 500x562) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 500x562
>>29870970
>>
>>29871033
>http://heyjackass.com/
Not OP but thanks for that link. I knew of SC Cop but not HeyJackass
>>
>>29870899
I've always wondered, why do people like the 19 over the 17? There's no difference other than losing an inch of barrel (good if CCWing, but no point if OCing it.))
>>
>>29871366
Well your too dumb to live just kys now so I dont need to point out the obvious.
>>
>>29870566
most factual info ever posted on /k/
>>
>>29870514

You're putting the cart way before the horse. Have you even applied yet? If so where are you at in the hiring process?
>>
>>29870514
>I'm joining the Chicago PD
Kill your self, Chicago needs to be glassed, the remains of everybody there entombed in Mount Yucca, where they can never contaminate the rest of the world.
>>
>>29870514
fuck the pigs
>>
>>29871271
FLUSHED down the toilet.

Take your hot dogs with you.

Bratwurst Master Race.
>>
What's the point of choosing your own firearm in a PD?
For logistics sake, how is it better?
If you're down and your partner picks up your gun and have no idea how to use it if something fucks up, they're screwed aren't they?
Also if you run out of ammo and your partner has a different mag, you're screwed.
>>
>>29871462
I'm from WI holy fuck are bratwursts nasty as fuck.
>>
>>29871462
This nigga knows what's up.
Lincoln County Master Race here.
>>
>>29871257
If the police crack down on gangs they'll get protested for being racist.

It's rather funny to watch the bastions of the democrats suffering from such retarded fiscal mismanagement, though.
>>
>>29871478
I'm going to confiscate your cheese.

I also want your V-card. It was a tranny and I looked the other way, but now you pissed me off.
>>
>>29871481
We could presumably not have these problems if the Chicago PD was capable of doing their jobs without shooting random negros and then hiding the footage until after the election.
>>
>>29871501
>I'm going to confiscate your cheese.
It's been gone, anon. I moved years ago.
>It was a tranny
ITS STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT
>>
>>29871559
Jeff is a nice girl.
>>
>>29870514
>tfw busted my ass trying to get in with Phoenix PD
>failed the polygraph when I didn't even lie

They can't seriously keep me from a job because of a faulty machine can they? I can't believe no one's sued over this...

OP if they let you pick get an HK or FN handgun, if their approved list sucks best you can get is probably a sig. Avoid glocks they're not actually good they're just the lowest common denominator. Agencies pick then because they're the best cheap gun they can get, much cheaper for them in bulk than it is for a civilian to buy one.
>>
>>29871475
1) Because not every gun fits well with every person.
2) Irrelevant. Unless you're a cheap ass and want to use some shit you're given to.
3) You're telling me if you see a standard gun on the ground you cannot, within 3 seconds, figure out how to use it? This is by far the most retarded shit I've ever read. You're in a god damn profession that involves shooting. You [should] become somewhat knowledgeable about firearms. Your partner isn't a soccermom having to figure that pulling the trigger is how you shoot your dropped glock.
4)The chances of you having to use your gun are low. It's even lower that you find yourself in a Call of Duty scenario and have to "ask for a mag" from a buddy. But if you do find yourself drawing your weapon, you're going to wish it's a gun that you trust and feel comfortable with and not some bullshit your unit likes because it's "universal." Preparing for this is asinine and retarded. Bring enough mags to a fight and don't worry about this nonexistent issue.
>>
>>29871481

>It's rather funny to watch the bastions of the democrats suffering from such retarded fiscal mismanagement, though.

He said as blue states still generally outranked red states in quality of life, education, and general prosperity.

Democrats may have retarded gun policies but Republicans literally believe in tickle down economics. You can't even teach that level of stupidity.
>>
>>29870849
Whats wrong with the 17 or 19? Those are perfectly good service weapons. Either way, I've seen CPD officers carry colt wheelguns, sigs, glocks, 1911s, and more. All seem to be good choices for me. Though I'm a fan of automatics myself. If you get into some shit on the south or west side you might want to have more that 6 shots.
>>
>>29871594

Yep and get used to it too. I know a guy who has flunked 5 polys and still doesn't have a job.

Do you have an offer from another agency, are you still applying, or have you given up?
>>
>>29871594
Teh machine was working perfectly. The operator is the one determing if they felt you lied.
>>
File: trickle down economics.jpg (176 KB, 800x588) Image search: [Google]
trickle down economics.jpg
176 KB, 800x588
>>29871605
Shhhh.

You'll trigger someone.
>>
>>29871594
>>29871596
>>29871611
CPD is authorized glocks, MPs, and Xds. Anything else was grandfathered in.
>>
>>29871611
>Whats wrong with the 17 or 19?
Where did I say theres anything wrong with it? I own a 19 and am very happy with it minus the finger grooves.
>Either way, I've seen CPD officers carry colt wheelguns, sigs, glocks, 1911s, and more.
Yup, and all those were grandfathered in. Most recently they stopped allowing new guys to get Sigs, you had to be LEO 2008 or prior. And wheel guns you again, had to be grandfathered in to use. One female CPD at the exam was carrying one. But she was a boss so the odds of needing it as much as a patrolman was lower.
>>
>>29871647
I'm not sure if I can even still apply after failing it. They told me I lied on every question even the controls, which would mean inconclusive not a fail... I got anxious I suppose.

It's a requirement in my state that you pass a poly to work as an officer. I suppose I'll keep trying but I honestly don't think I can pass one even being 100% truthful, and the anxiety is going to be even worse this time around knowing I'm likely to fail. Those tests themselves are total BS, but I understand they use it as a psychological tool to get the people that believe in it to disclose stuff they wouldn't otherwise disclose.
>>
>>29871690
>I'm not sure if I can even still apply after failing it.
Can't speak for other cities. But Chicago will allow you, I took the April 2016 exam with a guy who took the 2013 and got DQ'd. I'm also applying to DC Metro and again, few guys are re applying after getting Poly DQ'd.
>>
>>29871687
Kind of dumb that they have such a narrow approved list. It basically limits everyone to glock or nothing. My state department just approved of FNS and FNX's, those would be pretty neat or a USP/P30 if it's on the list.
>>
>>29871690

Almost every department/agency in the US requires passing the poly.

Did you put in applications with Maricopa SO, Mesa PD, Gilbert PD, Chandler PD, Scottsdale PD, Tucson PD, Las Vegas MPD, etc or did you put all your eggs in one basket? I know some of those places I listed aren't taking applications right now but it's usually on a 1-6 month cycle depending on which you're looking at.
>>
>>29870514
Whatever they issue you, or a Glock 17/19

Remember, if you use your gun in defense or whatever, the state takes that gun and uses it in court. In a shit ass city like Chicago, I'd rather them take a Glock from me as opposed to a nice new Sig or HK. My agency issues P229's in 40, and we've got plenty in storage if my gun gets taken into evidence.
>>
>>29871744
It is. But with big departments like that, bureaucratic bullshit is par the course. I heard after you get off probation you can get a M&P, XD or keep your Glock. Can't recall what BUG or off duty you're allowed.
>>
>>29871605
>implying that because I'm pointing out one party's retarded fiscal record that I'm defending the other party

The outlook in IL is poor, as it is in many other states. If you want to go hunting for fiscal outlook by party, take a look at the maps on here: http://mercatus.org/statefiscalrankings

Interesting how most of the worst are the big blue wonders.
>>
>>29871826
Could be worse.
I'm applying for a Canadian department. Glock 22, and only Glock 22, and you can't take it home with you. No backup gun, and of course no carry off duty.
I'll ask about putting an X300 on it at least, but I imagine the answer is "no".
>>
>>29871762
I've applied to Mesa as well and failed the oral, I'm confident I can pass an oral now though. I don't care what department I get in with initially but don't want to relocate from the valley unless it's to northern AZ.

Does that mean 1-6 months until I can apply for another dept?
>>
File: 1462402582053.png (2 MB, 810x719) Image search: [Google]
1462402582053.png
2 MB, 810x719
>>29870514
You know what you must do chicaganon
>>
A full size 9mm. Finger fuck a bunch of guns and pick the one that feels the most comfortable. Glock 17, Springfield XD9, Beretta 92, HK USP are all good choices. Depends on what you like and what your budget is.
>>
>>29871075

It's a fucking meat grinder, he's just turning the handle.
>>
>>29871669
>what are military bases
>>
File: mesa.png (131 KB, 982x189) Image search: [Google]
mesa.png
131 KB, 982x189
>>29871986

Both Phoenix and Mesa make you wait a set time before you can retest with them due to failure. Failing the poly is typically a death sentence with that department but not necessarily for other departments. They'll ask during your BI and you should be honest that you failed.

No, I meant that many of those places I listed are not constantly accepting applications and have limited open hiring periods.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 535x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 535x416
>>29870514
>pic related
>>
>>29872093
>>29871986

I'll add that most agencies will let you repply and retest with them if you fail their poly but the likelihood of you passing is extremely slim, I've never seen it. Smart move is to give up with them and move on to somewhere whose poly you haven't failed.
>>
>>29871596
You'd be surprised.
As a non-American and having been through my states' Police Academy, you would literally shake your head at the shit I've seen from recruits.
The stuff of green texts really.

Out of a double squad of 45 people, only 7 people had ever seen a gun, and only 4 (myself included) ever handled one.

Common sense shit and procedures that are drilled and re-iterated constantly before every firearm handling (including dummies and blue guns) were instantly forgotten when they picked up a gun.
I got in serious trouble for pointing out to two squadmates that their situational and personal awareness was that bad that anyone could've gotten their guns, because they slid from their side to their lower backs.

I guess that's what happens when 95% of your applicants come from office jobs who look for a career change but have zero fucking situational or personal safety awareness.

On patrol exercises in public, most would rather stand in group facing inwards chatting and keeping their hands in their pockets not caring about what's happening around them.

To think these careless, lax, zero-fucks giving people are entrusted to safeguard the public is partly the reason I left.
>>
>>29872199
>Cops
>Safeguarding the public
Pick one
>>
>>29871867
Holy. Fuck. Yeah I take what I wrote back. My god that's an entire whole new level of shit.
>No backup gun
>of course no carry off duty
>I'll ask about putting an X300 on it, imagine the answer is "no"
Once again holy shit, anon. Good luck to you.
>>
File: Shattered corpus humeri.jpg (15 KB, 340x442) Image search: [Google]
Shattered corpus humeri.jpg
15 KB, 340x442
>>29872063
Frank...is that you?
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.