[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /makarov/ here? Considering buying one as my first handgun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 21
File: maxresdefault.jpg (487 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
487 KB, 1920x1080
Who /makarov/ here?
Considering buying one as my first handgun for concealed carry since I don't have the money for a CZ75 compact.

>inb4 dick grips
>>
bampu
>>
File: IMG_0196.jpg (1 MB, 1628x1300) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0196.jpg
1 MB, 1628x1300
They're good guns. Rather heavy for their size though. The one in OP's pic is an air gun made from a real Mak. They were pretty common for a while but got banned when some dumbass bureaucrat realized it might be possible to convert it back into a real firearm. I want one.
>>
I CC a Bulgarian makarov. It's nice and accurate. Would purchase again.
>>
>>29868619
I've been thinking about doing the same thing. Gotta get dat milsurp.
>>
>>29868619
I love my Makaroni to death. The ammo can be a bitch to find sometimes but it's definitely worth it. I also CC mine. Some people complain about the weight but I dig it. Light guns bother me for some reason. If you want to shoot the dick off a fly from 50 yards without your glasses on, get a Mak. They are stupid accurate.
>>
Thanks everyone for their input.
>>
Other mak fags, anyone know some fixed sights for the IJ-70? Anyone also had problems with a thin finish on them too?
>>
>>29870960

http://www.gunpartswarehouse.com/pistol-parts/makarov-pistol/ij-70-fixed-rear-sight.html

This is where I got mine. Hasn't given me any trouble.
>>
File: 1423755937533.jpg (65 KB, 577x508) Image search: [Google]
1423755937533.jpg
65 KB, 577x508
>>29868619
It's a cool historical gun. The Japanese Nambu is also a cool historical gun. Makarovs cost $300 and you can get the ammo from Cabelas, though; whereas Nambus cost upwards of $750 and you have to load your own ammo.

Both are pretty shitty choices for a first handgun for concealed-carry, though. The Makarov is heavy, low capacity, has unconventional controls, is not designed to feed hollow points, is expensive to practice with, doesn't have a lot of hollow point options (hope you like XTPs), and has a low quality (for carry) finish.

If you want a budget concealed-carry, then Ruger makes several good ones. The LCP, as well as LCP Custom, both sell for $200-240 these days. The LC9s sells for $300 for sale online, and just a little more when not on sale. For just a little bit more than that, in the $340-350 range, you can get a Smith and Wesson Shield which many people consider to be THE concealed-carry gun.

If you LITERALLY can't afford a more expensive gun than the Makarov, then that's all the more reason to save up. Since ammo costs so much more than 9mm Luger, the extra cost of ammo alone will very likely exceed your initial savings within the first year of ownership. Assuming about a $5 per box difference between 9x18 and 9mm Luger, and assuming you wanted a Shield but couldn't afford one - the price difference between these two guns is only about $40 - that's literally 8 boxes/400 rounds of ammo, or what most people would shoot in 2-3 trips to the range.

This is why we make fun of poorfags.
>>
>>29868619
They're decent guns, you could buy one and it would probably work well enough for you. Or you could save up for compact double stack in 9x19 and not be a faggot.
>>
I've been looking at getting a mak too. Besides the sights, is there any difference between something like a bulgarian surplus and the commercial baikal? If not, it just comes down to whichever is cheaper for me
>>
>>29868619
>dick grips

HOW HAVE I NOT NOTICED THAT BEFORE.

welp....time to put mine up on armslist.
>>
>>29868619
>since I don't have the money for a CZ75 compact.

Not looking hard enough.

>>29864317
>>
Hey where can i get guns or a pistol for a cheap price
>>
>>29872616

Gun stores.

Gunbroker, if you look hard enough.
>>
>>29871086
This is a very informative and helpful post with good advice for poorfags and those looking to get into CC, you smarmy cunt.
>>
>>29868619
Love mine but 9×18 isnt a walmart cartridge bro. Its heavy but it does the trick a surplus weapon isnt a great choice for your first gun tho. Its going to have imperfections
>>
File: 1459018803315.jpg (246 KB, 720x1184) Image search: [Google]
1459018803315.jpg
246 KB, 720x1184
CYKA
>>
I have one among a number of other firearms and I fucking love it. More than my p226 and maybe more than my 686. Highly highly recommend.
>>
>>29871086
>doesn't have a lot of hollow point options

I do not use expanding ammo in my mak or p64. 9mm mak needs all the penetration it can get, much like your mother.

Underwood hardcast ftw.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?c=60&l=product_list
>>
File: makarov info.jpg (488 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
makarov info.jpg
488 KB, 1800x1200
>>29868619
Mak's my fav CC gun. I absolutely love the shape, size and how it shoots. And the price is unbeatable.

Just get some Hornady loads for it and it's a perfect CC gun!
>>
>>29868619
Have fun practicing with 9x18 and finding a bunch in stock.

There are various .380 and 9x19 guns with around the same form factor.
>>
>>29871086
Is this a troll post?

>heavy
Okay, yes
>low capacity
Just like most carry guns
>unconventional controls
Easy to get used to
>not designed for HP
Every make I have seen feeds them just fine.
>expensive ammo
Literally the same price as 9x19 as long as you're not a moron and buy from cabelas.
>low quality finish
I pocket carry mine and it's in perfect condition

Tl;dr you're an idiot maks are good.
>>
>>29868619
I ordered a Bulgarian Mak and a P-64 together from ClassicFireArms. They arrive this week. Will post pics.
>>
>>29870556
http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/airgun_mp654K.htm

I didn't check to see if they ship to the US but there you go comrade.
>>
>>29870556
>>29874265
Hmm. Okay, they ship US, the guns are around 150 bucks, you have to pay by western union, but hey, Makarov.
>>
>>29872590
Dude, did you even look at those guns? They look like they've been stored at the bottom of the fucking ocean. I'd take a decent condition Bulgarian Mak over King Neptunes $300 CZ-75
>>
>>29874329
Underrated post. I laughed.
>>
>>29872616
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=554949380#PIC
>>
>>29874194
It is heavy. Even Sigfags shun the P239 because of its weight.

Granted, many other carry guns are low capacity. Then again, you can find carry guns that are both lighter and higher capacity, like the Glock 26.

Controls are a matter of preference, but in conversations solely about CCW's, the debate is often about whether you even need or want a manual safety on your carry gun. Having both a safety and a safety that flips opposite of most other guns is a liability, in my mind.

The XTP hollow point ammo that's available right now seems to feed fine, likely because it was designed for this gun specifically in mind. If another company were to design a hollow point to be 100% reliable in the CZ 82, there'd be no guarantee that it would feed perfectly in the Mak.

>Literally the same price as 9x19 as long as you're not a moron and buy from cabelas.
Ah, this is where I take issue. You can't honestly compare online 9x18 prices to in-store 9mm Luger prices and then claim that the prices are "the same." At any given store, and when you're comparing JUST online with online, or JUST in-store with in-store prices, 9x18 will be more expensive.

Moreoever, since, for most people, the Makarov is EXPLICITLY a budget gun, it's unlikely that most Makarov owners will have enough money on hand at any given time to buy enough ammo online to off-set the shipping cost and actually save money by buying online. Sure, you can save $3 per box buying ammo online, but when someone is only buying 4 boxes, and the shipping cost is $12, it kind of defeats the purpose of buying online, doesn't it?

Blued finishes are less resistant to rusting than parkerized or modern superfinishes, like tennifer. If you sweat on the gun, at all, you better take that thing out of its holster every night, wipe it down and keep it well oiled.

>Tl;dr you're an idiot
Both of us have good points. My points are just better than yours. Doesn't make you an idiot, though. Just wrong.
>>
>>29874613
This is an autistic level of response. Also not sure why you would join a mak thread just to spend all of this time shitting on them.
>>
>>29868619
/mak/ here. IZH-70 in 380acp. Love her. Cycles perfectly, however is a heavier cycle, much like the difference in cycling between an AK-varient and an AR. However I would not recommend her for your first CC, as she is a little bulky and heavy. Would personally recommend an Bodyguard or Shield or LCP.
>>
>>29874613
>muh hollowpoints
See pic related, they aren't going to make any difference within a reasonable amount of time.

>9x18 will be more expensive.
There's a $.03 difference between the best priced 9x18mm ($.19 per round) and the best priced 9x19mm ($.16 per round) online. I personally like the .380 Makarovs though as I can reload .380 for the same price that I can reload 9mm for.

>it's unlikely that most Makarov owners will have enough money on hand at any given time to buy enough ammo online to off-set the shipping cost and actually save money by buying online
Except they can take all the money they would be saving from getting a sub $300 Makarov over a $480 Glock 26 and purchase > 1000 rounds of ammunition.
>>
PROTIP: Makarovs are fucking awful to shoot if you have big hands.

Worst time I've ever had putting 8 rounds through a gun.
>>
>>29868619
I carry my mak sometimes and love it, only problem is with commie dickgrip lanyard hook drives into my side, people complaining that its heavy must be skeletors or something because its not too bad
>>
just supplementing with what everyone else here has said:

my makarov is my favorite gun. but I'd pretty much never recommend it as a carry gun to anyone. it's small enough, yes. but it's too heavy considering its small capacity. IF its capacity were greater for the weight, OR it were simply lighter, it'd be great, but as it stands, it's really not a good combination of features for a CC gun.
>>
>>29872572
I'll buy your peter pistol! I totally want one but I doubt I'll shoot it much so it's been low on my guys to get list.
>>
>>29875084
>>muh hollowpoints
>See pic related, they aren't going to make any difference within a reasonable amount of time.
This is not a good argument against hollow points. The benefit of hollow point is that instead of making small holes in the target and overpenetrating, like FMJ does, the hollow point bullet expands, which causes a wider, more ragged wound channel, causing more internal bleeding, and more of a chance of damaging a vital organ.

>There's a $.03 difference between the best priced 9x18mm ($.19 per round) and the best priced 9x19mm ($.16 per round) online.
This doesn't change anything I said.

>Except they can take all the money they would be saving from getting a sub $300 Makarov over a $480 Glock 26 and purchase > 1000 rounds of ammunition.
M-hmm. And even though you changed the goalposts from the more modest Shield I suggested to the Glock 26, the cost savings is still only for the short term. If you go to the range to practice pistol shooting every 2 weeks, that's about 26 range visits a year. If you shoot 150 rounds of ammo every visit, that's 3900 rounds of ammo shot in a year. Shooting is an expensive hobby and the costs do add up in the long term. Saving $100 on the gun is the mark of a cheap person who isn't planning for the future.

And again, most people who do buy Maks explicitly state that they're going with the Mak to save the extra $100 or so over a polymer gun, so I don't think most of them are going to have the cash on hand to drop on 1000 rounds of 9x18 ordered online.

>>29874675
>he disagrees with me but he's willing to explain all his points to give me the benefit of being able to respond to him
>must be autistic!
Just fuck off. You are not welcome on /k/, and the fact that you keep posting here makes this a worse board to read.
>>
>>29868619
Are you a homosexual?
Do you enjoy having dicks in your hands?
If so then it is the gun for you.
>>
>>29875636
>REEEE STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT REEEEEEEEE
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>29875768
Interesting point. I never considered that. Would you mind elaborating?

I await further insightful revelations from you with burgeoning trepidation.
>>
>>29875787
He's not wrong. There's lots of "I don't like this and you shouldn't either" in this thread.
I have a mak. I like it. You don't. This does not influence my opinion.
>>
>>29875798
>There's lots of "I don't like this and you shouldn't either" in this thread.
Gee, I wonder why!

>>29868619
>Who /makarov/ here?
>Considering buying one as my first handgun for concealed carry since I don't have the money for a CZ75 compact.

It's almost like he's asking us what he should get for his first handgun.
>>
>>29875826
>Gee, I wonder why!
There's lots of it in every weapon specific thread. /k/ feels like it has this duty to shit on things they don't like.
>>
>>29875826
Makarov's aren't bad guns. The guys shitting on them keep going on about trivial shit and appear to have never seen or touched on in person.
>>
>>29876039
Calm down. The age limit for posting on 4chan is 18. You're among adults here. If you can't have a conversation like an adult, nobody wants to hear you whining.

>>29876028
M-kay. Except in this case, it's literally appropriate, so why bother complaining about it?
>>
File: winchester hollow points.gif (879 KB, 1355x1710) Image search: [Google]
winchester hollow points.gif
879 KB, 1355x1710
>>29875636
>The benefit of hollow point is that instead of making small holes in the target and overpenetrating, like FMJ does
Except in smaller calibers hollow points are more likely to not penetrate far enough because retards like you keep demanding more expansion (ending up with shit like in pic related that only penetrates 8"), and it's better to have a round that might over penetrate than one that might not penetrate far enough to actually stop the attacker.

>the hollow point bullet expands, which causes a wider, more ragged wound channel, causing more internal bleeding
Which will make next to no difference unless you plan to sit around waiting for a while so they can lose enough blood, as I pointed out.

>and more of a chance of damaging a vital organ.
And more of a chance of not penetrating far enough to hit what's important, which really isn't worth the extra 1/10th of an inch margin of error that you could have and still hit what's important.

>going on about shooting more than most people on /k/ shoot
At that point a lot of people consider reloading, which will get you completely different ammo price differences (as I stated in my post about reloading .380 for the same price as 9mm).

>And again, most people who do buy Maks explicitly state that they're going with the Mak to save the extra $100 or so over a polymer gun, so I don't think most of them are going to have the cash on hand to drop on 1000 rounds of 9x18 ordered online.
So do you think they'd be better off just not owning a gun? They aren't going to be practicing much given the price of ammo in most stores.

Also, I own both an M&P Shield and a Makarov and I carry the Makarov, because despite your complaining about weight it isn't too heavy and despite your complaining about caliber I can put rounds on target significantly faster than I can with my Shield which matters much more than bullets that expand slightly more and both cost me the same to practice with.
>>
File: 56795678.jpg (4 MB, 3564x9954) Image search: [Google]
56795678.jpg
4 MB, 3564x9954
>>29868619
Going in for my CC in a few weeks. Bit concerned with the bluing since it is fucking gone on one side. Snaps like a mother fucker. Fired a few 10 mil that my friends brought and they were almost half as much recoil.

Still love my bulgy. Feels very comfy.
>>
>>29876095
>Except in smaller calibers hollow points are more likely to not penetrate far enough
.380 is a weaker caliber than 9x18 and it can pass the FBI denim test.
>because retards like you blah blah blah
Why do you write like this? Do you think people will enjoy reading your posts more and they're going to want to engage you further if you talk like a spoiled child to them? You are what's wrong with /k/.

>Which will make next to no difference unless you plan to sit around waiting for a while so they can lose enough blood, as I pointed out.
Imagine stepping on a long, smooth nail. The steel passes clean through your shoe and foot, and you lift your foot off the nail again, and hurry to a hospital.

Now imagine stepping on a broadhead arrowhead - a modern hunting arrowhead with four hinged blades that expand as you try to pull the arrowhead out backwards, and cut huge gouges if you try to push the arrowhead further through your foot and out the other side.

FMJs compare to hollow points kind of like that.

>which really isn't worth the extra 1/10th of an inch margin of error that you could have and still hit what's important.
You're not really understanding the difference between what a rounded, smooth surface does as it passes through soft tissue at 950 fps, vs. what a jagged, flat-faced surface does as it passes through soft tissue.

>So do you think they'd be better off just not owning a gun?
I addressed this in my first post in the thread. Just save up for a better gun that can shoot cheaper ammo.

>Also, I own both an M&P Shield and a Makarov and I carry the Makarov, because despite your complaining about weight it isn't too heavy and despite your complaining about caliber I can put rounds on target significantly faster than I can with my Shield
Right. So it's my fault that the Makarov is heavier and why you can't shoot the harder-recoiling caliber faster... Makes sense to me. Oh, wait, it makes zero sense at all and is just emotionally-charged vitriol.
>>
File: 4568546874.png (797 KB, 900x840) Image search: [Google]
4568546874.png
797 KB, 900x840
Also BUY THIS

I am not some pussy cum chewer but putting that 8th round into the single stack given the bullet's short round stubby form is a dick rip. I was using other tools to lever the plate down so I could slide in rounds without losing feeling in my thumbs. These loaders catch that small metal flange and make loading a mag easy and fast.
>>
>>29868619
>dick grips
Holy shit i never noticed before

Also OP cant inb4
>>
File: 1461002100758.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1461002100758.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I am still trying to figure out how the hell this happened
>>
Makarovs a shit. Everyone in estonian police force hates it, compared to usp.
>>
>>29876179
So uh

did he get it off
>>
>>29876245
I'm Bi and I can't see it. The fuck?
>>
>>29876198
>.380 is a weaker caliber than 9x18 and it can pass the FBI denim test.
Apparently you failed to notice the picture of .380 hollow points failing at exactly that because the manufacturer tried to make them expand more for people like you.

>going on about the size of hole different things leave
>still not realizing that neither will cause enough blood loss quickly enough to make a difference
And that's why I called you retarded. If you actually spent the time to read about wound ballistics you'd realize that muh larger caliber and muh hollowpoints mean next to nothing and that shot placement and penetration are everything. Going from a non expanding .22 caliber bullet to the best performing botique 10mm/.45 ACP hollow points will only give you an extra 1/3" margin of error at most in the best case scenario.

>some shit about pulling an arrow backwards through a wound
To bad people don't pull bullets backwards out of a wound during a fight.

>So it's my fault
Is English your second language by any chance?
>>
>>29868619
>inb4 dick grips

That's a nice bb gun you got there. Co2 powered, .177 caliber.
>>
>>29876340
>Apparently you failed to notice the picture of .380 hollow points failing at exactly that because the manufacturer tried to make them expand more for people like you.
Who said that Winchester Ranger .380s can pass the FBI tests? I never did. But other .380 hollow points can. Namely, the Hornady XTP, which happens to be the only type of defensive hollow point available for the Makarov.

And do you actually not understand the difference in permanent wound cavity sizes? You don't, do you? You actually do carry FMJs and think they're "the same" as hollow points, don't you?
>>
File: fucking faggot.png (548 KB, 1710x755) Image search: [Google]
fucking faggot.png
548 KB, 1710x755
>>29876327
You should actually look at the dick coming through the stall before sucking it
>>
>>29876432
>And do you actually not understand the difference in permanent wound cavity sizes? You don't, do you?
Do you not understand that the additional blood loss or whatever you're looking for in that will not make a noticeable difference unless you're willing to wait at least half a minute in an ideal situation where you hit the aortic arch on the heart (the part the blood leaves through). Also, you are aware that ballistics gel preserves the temporary cavity and all of what you see extending from the bullet's main path will not exist in actual meat. Pistol ammunition simply does not have enough energy to damage anything that the bullet doesn't directly hit, even rifle ammunition won't depending on the organs it goes through (see Martin Fackler's test of the 5.45x39mm 7n6 where it leaves a hole no larger than the bullet in full tumble when it passes through a lung).
>>
>>29874613
Comparing 9x18 and 9x19 online it is the same price.
>>
So, can the airguns actually be converted, or has there been steps taken to prevent restoration?
>>
>>29868619
Buy 9mm. The ammo cost alone will make up for the difference in price. 9mm tulammo is 17cpr. Walther ppx for full size. Shield for sub compact. Sr9c for compact.
>>
Makarov here. Fucking love it. Thinking about getting a second just because I love it so much.

I own several handguns but it's the one I look forward to shoot the most. Wish the mags held more or weren't a bitch to take out, but whatever. I fucking love my mak.
>>
>>29876734
I am torn.

On one hand putting a key ring or some leather through the heel release makes it a massive fucking magazine loading/ejecting hazard and makes me look like a fucking pussy.

On the other I am rubbing my left thumb to near bleeding releasing the magazine and racking the slide.
>>
>>29876759
There are grips to make it more palatable. Also, do you slide your thumb from baseplate to release, or put you thumb on the release directly and pull back?
>>
Is there any serious difference between a Makarov and a Walther PPK/S?

Thinking of getting a stainless steel Walther as my cc gun.
>>
>>29876645
>can the airguns actually be converted
Why? Looking online they're anywhere from $300 to $500 depending on the condition. You can get one of those Makarovs that can use double stack magazines for about $350 last I checked.
>>
>>29868619
concealed carry?? surely you jest

heavy as fuck for a tiny caliber, single stack low capacity but still thick and overbuilt out of solid fucking steel. rough machining, snappy recoil, heavy ass triggerpull. its fun if you want to collect for history's sake, but dont kid yourself, your money is better spent on some sigma 9mm or other bottom tier handgun like a bersa thunder if you want a CCW
>>
>>29876782
Take my left thumb and put the prints to the sky and push back from floorplate to release. In case I need the leverage from the pointer finger.

Plus with Plate->Release the magazine drops into a waiting hand which is easy to stow or fling and is in the correct orientation to grasp the next loaded magazine.
>>
>>29876542
It is not even close.

https://www.wikiarms.com/group/9mm

https://www.wikiarms.com/group/9x18mm_Makarov
>>
>>29876791
>thinking there is anything wrong is as few moving parts as possible made of out reliable material that takes next to nothing to fire if that is the intent

What is the point of a super-light gun? I am a 6'0 190lb man. I can handle a few pounds of metal in a single hand if it meant my life. Plus more girth more satisfying pistol whips, God please give me a situation to pistol whip someone.
>>
>>29876509
And I assume you've done the forensic research to verify all your claims and can provide sources for all this bullshit then?
>>
>>29876800
I place my thumb more or less parallel to the baseplate, and push back, allowing for easy removal by curled index finger. No thumb wear and tear.
>>
>>29876818
for the weight why arnet you carrying a gun with a round twice as powerufl with twice as manny bullets like a glock 19
>>
>>29876783
>Is there any serious difference between a Makarov and a Walther PPK/S?
Besides completely different internals?

>>29876791
>snappy recoil, heavy ass triggerpull
Is this a joke? The gun has very little muzzle flip and the trigger in single action is pretty decent.
>>
>>29876855
>Besides completely different internals?

Nigger I don't know much about either which is why I was asking..
>>
>>29876842
Because I've put over 700 rounds through my decades old cosmoline soup boiled makarov and not had a single misfire.

Every single one of my friends with modern pistols has had to stop every time we got out for a few moment to cycle a misfire.

All the powder and capacity in the world means nothing if the weapon jams when you need it to fire. If I need more then 9 rounds in a fast response situation. That is either me fighting off the Yakuza or me trying to HERO a fucking bank robbery.
>>
>>29868619
I CC a Polish P64 Makarov myself, fits into my pocket holster just nice, I'm very accurate with it, and I have underwood ammo for it as well.
>>
>>29876820
I assume you haven't even read the FBI's "Handgun Wounding Factors and Effectiveness" yet, I would recommend starting there. Other than that there's "The Physiological Effects of Handgun Bullets" by Ken Newgard which goes over how long it can take for someone to bleed out, and basically anything by Martin Fackler who started modern wound ballistic research and developed ballistics gelatin.

Previously referred to testing of 5.45x39mm by Martin Fackler:
http://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Fackler_Articles/ak74_wounding_potential.pdf

Don't have internet links for anything else but you should be able to find them by Googling them. Not sure what Sci-Hub's current web address is but searching "Martin Fackler" on there will get you plenty of his studies.
>>
>>29874038
I have underwood XTP hollow point that I use for my makarov, but I do carry one magazine with that hardcast ammo as well. Also I too have a P64
>>
>>29876432
Actually Underwood takes that XTP bullet that hornady made then makes it into a +P load, which makes it far more potent than Hornadys standard loaded version. It's also much cheaper, I recommend you try it out.
>>
>>29876820
>>29876918
A good middle ground would be some Underwood XTP JHP +P 9mm makarov, so that it'll compensate for penetration but still be an expanding bullet.

Besides, I wouldn't really feel alright using fucking hardcast as a defensive round while walking around in a city, over penetrate the attacker and hit someone who might be sue happy isn't going to end well.

I think this load is probably the best of both worlds without nearly as much OP
>>
>>29876992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whURQiqm8aQ

If I recall correctly the FBI stated that the minimum penetration was 12-12 and a half inches, in this video the standard load XTP achieved 12 and three quarters. On the +P load underwood has, I'd expect it to be in the 13+ inches, which is perfectly suitable for a 95 grain jhp round.
>>
File: IMG_20160312_195926.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160312_195926.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>29868619
I love mine.
>>
>>29877036
Very girly hands anon....
>>
>>29877036
Pic source ?
>>
>>29876918
It's rich that you recommend literature written by the FBI, an organization that used hollow points, as a part of your feeble attempt to disprove the effectiveness of hollow points.
>b-but no handgun caliber will stop a bad guy in one shot, r-right?
Why you think this fact means hollow points make no difference is just a sign of your deluded state of mind.
>y-you can google the rest of my facts, though. I promise I'm right.
You don't even suspect your own mental illness.
>>
>>29877375
*uses
>>
I get about two light primer strikes per 500 rounds. tested it with three different ammo types, still happens consistently. any ideas?
>>
>>29876885
The P-64 isn't a Makarov. It shoots the same round, but it's a different design altogether.
Aside from that, I love mine and CC it.
>>
>>29876790
see
>>29874265
Real makarov's converted to airguns. 155 Euros
>>
File: Makarov East German.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Makarov East German.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1000
I've got three, a Bulgarian Arsenal, Russian and East German. I used to use the Bulgarian as my summer carry gun until I got a S&W 642.
>>
>>29878005
Very nice. My only complaint is that hideous serial number. Aftermarket grips I'm assuming?
>>
>>29877375
>It's rich that you recommend literature written by the FBI, an organization that used hollow points, as a part of your feeble attempt to disprove the effectiveness of hollow points.
>not realizing that there's a big difference between what matters for an organization that has the chance of getting into prolonged firefights with pistol as their only weapons that can go on long enough that blood loss can make a difference and what matters for concealed carry where the engagements are much shorter and prolonged firefights don't happen

>b-but no handgun caliber will stop a bad guy in one shot
You can hit someone 15 times within a couple seconds, but unless you hit them in the brain or spine there is nothing that will actually force a determined person to stop quickly.
>>
File: Makarov Russian.jpg (618 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Makarov Russian.jpg
618 KB, 1632x1224
>>29878155

Eh, that's how the Germans did the serials. The grips are aftermarket, pretty sure they were used to increase the points for importation. I need to get a set of black surplus grips for them.
>>
>>29878839

>>29876820
>>
File: HPIM0965.jpg (2 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
HPIM0965.jpg
2 MB, 2304x1728
Cheap enough to have a brace. Try that with Sig.
>>
>>29881293

>>29876918
>>
>>29871171
The Baikal has adjustable sights
>>
>>29868619
>my life isn't worth saving up for another week
>>
>>29871044

Sup snow
>>
I started out carrying a mak.
Don't.
Get a modern 9mm that was built from the ground up. It costs the same, sometimes less, and isn't a heavy as shit sumbitch.
>>
>>29868619
DICK GRIPS
I
C
K

G
R
I
P
S
>>
>>29882059

>>29877375
>>
>>29883883

>>29878839
>>
Everyone here should go and buy one of those $200 32acp. Hungarian pistols on jgsales

It's like a minimak
Except not really
>>
>>29875798
I was you once.
EG Mak, was my CC for years.
Finally sold it to a firstgunz and bought a Shield.
>>
>>29883202
pls no
>>
File: BD.png (638 KB, 800x658) Image search: [Google]
BD.png
638 KB, 800x658
>>29876436
Maybe it's in an unfamiliar color?
>>
>>29886545
It's a P-64, so not a Makarov.
I'll probably replace it with a SIG or something. I'm thinking about the Mini Kimber too. I'll keep the P-64 in my glove box. The Mak in a ziplock bag tucked into the tank of my toilet. My AK-74 is under the bead and my AMD 65 tucked behind the headboard.
>>
>>29872572
>not wanting depictions of cocks on your firearms to increase libtard feminazi butt hurt
>>
File: 068.jpg (3 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
068.jpg
3 MB, 6000x4000
I Bulgarian Makarov.

Here's a recent photo that I took with my new lightbox.
>>
File: 143438424662.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
143438424662.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29883145

Yo.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.