[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Family and Guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 21
File: 1452523789062.jpg (54 KB, 496x369) Image search: [Google]
1452523789062.jpg
54 KB, 496x369
Hi /k/,

I was wondering, how does your family react to you owning firearms/weapons? I live on my own, but my mother refuses to come see me unless I "get rid of the guns". Almost everyone on my mother's side unanimously agrees that I'm not to be allowed to family events... and I was disinvited from my grandnother's funeral last week. I showed up anyways, but the fact that they're trying to push me away from my cousins and my (now deceased) grandmother is disgusting. Is this abnormal? I thought America was supposed to be land of the free, not land of "cut familial ties because your mother disagrees politically".

Does anybody else have family that doesn't see them/openly dislikes you owning firearms? Or is your family just pretty cool about it.

Mind you, this all started about a month ago when I posted a video of me competing in a 3gun competition. I actually scored pretty high for having no competition shooting experience.
>>
you family is a bunch of cunts, they should love you and accept you no matter what. especially something as common as owning guns.
>>
>>29864286
I still live with my parents, I am 20 and I wanted to get a gun, my parents are okay with it, but my older brother is anti gun and he has tried to kill himself before so I am not sure if I want a gun. Like if somebody broke into the house and I had a gun it would be locked behind 2 doors so its futile anyways.
>>
>>29864286
My family is kinda fudd-lite. They're all for deregulation of full autos and supressors, but all they really like are hunting rifles.

They're all extremely pro-gun
>>
>>29864286
>TFW family is going to disown me so fucking hard when they find out

Fuck them all anyways.
>>
>>29864511
Damn, that sounds nice

My dad likes guns, and asked me a lot of questions about 3gun/guns in general... but my mom has really tried stopping him from speaking with me.

>>29864531
I wish you the best.

>>29864477
Do you know when you'd be able to leave? I lived with my parents until I was 20, but I bought guns and kept them hidden in my car and in my room. It wasn't until I posted the video that they found out.
>>
>>29864286
>I was wondering, how does your family react to you owning firearms/weapons?
My immediate family?

My getting weapons was a catalyst for my parents getting back into the firearm scene. My dad asks me every now and then if a certain price on ammo is a good one (I keep trying to point him to AmmoSeek), he happily accepted an AR-15 I put together for him, and they're currently borrowing a 9mm I own.

My sister voluntarily went shooting with me once (I need to ask her if she wants to go next time I go back to visit), but I don't think she's all that into guns, just not against them.

Extended family?
Don't give enough of a shit what they think to find out, but no one's screeched at me over progun posts I make on social media.

I made out pretty lucky, I'd suppose. Even my antigun friends aren't too bad and I've changed a few opinions.
>>
>>29864511
Hey, as long as they actually care about gun rights, they can have whatever taste they like.
>>
>mom started to work in sheriff's department, sees all the crime in the county
>everything is on lockdown before she goes to sleep now
>brother gets me into funs
>she visits me and my brother
>wow son its good you have guns, make sure your older brother doesn't shoot someone when he gets pissed off (anger issues)
>>
Entire family is extremely progun, 2 of my sisters carry every day even.
>>
>>29864286
Your family would probably be okay with you sucking dick or wearing a dress, but they're not okay with you owning the wrong kind of inanimate object. They are manipulative and they let their ideological views trump family bonds.

I'm sorry, but the only way you're ever going to have a *normal* family is if you create one.
>>
>>29864853
Kek, I normally disagree with a lot of shit you post but that was spot on
>>
I still live with my parents (I'm 19 and going to community college atm) and I own 6 guns
They could care less, I constantly have my USP in on me in the house and my mom recently bought a glock 19 after some blacks decided to enrich our neighborhood (they all got caught)
I also had a mossy 500 12g my mom got me for my 11th birthday in my closet (I sold it but now I wish I didn't)
My entire family is from the south and I can't think of a relative that doesn't own at least 3
>>
>>29864286
Also OP, if you are not batshit crazy you can join my family, we like guns
>>
>>29864286
My dad and brother are into guns, mum is indifferent, sister is anti.

Pic related, dad testing out a plate rack we had just set up at our summer cottge.
>>
I don't own guns yet. Not entirely sure what my families stance is on the issue. For sure one of my brothers and a sister I wouldn't want to be around guns. Brother has extreme anger issues, sister is an overtop girl. Once had to stop her and pull a kitchen knife out of her hand because she was going to fight a neighbor, woman twice her age. Only one I'd trust with a gun, another sister has too much ghetto in her. The rest are too young. I'm the oldest of 7 btw.
I think my mom would be worried but shed just talk to me about it and move on.
>>
>>29864286
>disinviting you from a funeral

That's beyond cunt-tier of bullshit.

That's some seriously sad stuff.

In my end, i dont have a gun (>inb4gtfofmyboard) But my dad says that he would throw it to the trash if he found one. He is extreme liberal, not the "IF U DONT AGREE WITH ME UR BAD" modern liberal, he just doesn't give a shit what people do, even me, its just that he doesn't like guns and the house is hims anyways, and i respect that.
>>
My parents both grew up lower-middle class, dad's family are auto workers from the rust belt and mom's family are dirt farmers from Southwest Texas. They met at UT in Austin and both make great money and live the happy gated community lifestyle. I bought a shotgun when I graduated high school because I wanted to learn how to duck hunt in college and they were pretty relaxed.
Pretty much said "you're an adult, we trust you to be responsible, keep it in a locked case at home."
I moved back home for an internship with multiple guns and they're fine with it, although my dad gets uppity when I sit on our patio and clean my guns after a day shooting at my friend's ranch outside Austin, and when I leave my bathroom pistol on the toilet paper rack.
>>
>>29865549
At least your father does not sit on the toilet with his tablet and the door open yelling across the house asking if things on local gun groups are decently priced.

>IS $200 FOR AN M44 AND A "SPAM CAN" A GOOD PRICE?

Yes dad, please close the door.
>>
>>29865467
Buy one and hide it bro
>>
>>29865645
i aint no hiding it. Small apartment, shitty way to get guns in this country (need to actually have a legal job cuz if u no job and gun then u gun steal) And i respect my dad too much.
>>
Dad's side of the family love guns

Dad even used to set up ipsc courses for me when we would airshit together in my younger years

Mom's side of the family doesn't care

Grandpa even bought me a Mosin when I turned in 18
Mom thought "assault weapons" were bad until I explained to her that she was wrong and now she doesn't care.

>tfw my mom's a gold digger and all her rich boyfriends buy me gucci gun gear for my b day so they can fuck her more

Thanks mom
>>
>>29864286

>be me
>family antigun but pro freedom
>at 18 buy an old M1903
>family upset but accepting
>move out
>become the police
>little brother is apparently getting bullied at school (12 at the time)
>mother asks me to teach him sole self defense stuff
>he starts spending a lot of time with me, he does little workouts and trains with me, spends the night often
>he starts mirin that peestol on my belt
>starts asking about guns
>I tell him I would love to take him shooting, but his mother wouldn't like it, but it was up to him.
>he wants to learn
>I will teach you, young padawan
>he becomes a pretty good shot
>he blabs to his mother
>she talks to me about it, mildly upset
>he beats the shit out of some bullies
>his mood and demeanor gradually improve, he becomes a pretty happy kid
>wants to start shooting competitively
>sign him up for the 4H Shooting Club
>I take him to some competitions
>he does well, places in a 2nd in one
>for his 13th birthday our mom calls me and asks for help picking out a starter gun for him
>he wants an AR, because he loves shooting mine, but nobody is really comfortable with that
>end up getting him a tacticalled out 10/22
>she starts coming to his competitions
>she becomes very proud of how well her son does
>her household instantly becomes geared towards competitive sports shooting
>her husband asks me to help him learn how to shoot and maintain guns
>a year later they both have CCWs

It took a while, but with a lot of time and effort I hail from a proud gun friendly family.
>>
>>29865708
>her husband

You mean your brothers mothers husband?

What would your brothers relationship be summed up as in relation to the person that married your mother?
>>
>>29865737

My mother divorced my dad, remarried and had 2 kids. It's his dad, not mine.

That's why there's a 12 year age gap.

I am 25
Older brother is 13
Younger brother is 9
>>
>>29864286
>Never really talk to my family about firearms, but I own one they know about
>adjusting the scope on my marlin with a family friend
>dad is present
>family friend very nearly sweeps dad
>before I can say anything, dad pipes up
>woah, treat it like it's loaded

It's something, okay? I'll get him to shoot a gun someday.
>>
File: dfd.png (196 KB, 1211x1259) Image search: [Google]
dfd.png
196 KB, 1211x1259
>>29865771
So that makes you his wifes son then.
>>
My family doesn't really care much. Just means I inherit everything and life continues on as it always has.
>>
>>29865880

Him being an IT guy and actually, unironically spouting this meme gets me every fucking time.
>>
>>29864583
Well its probably till I save up enough shekels to move out.
>>
>>29864286
My family all enjoy guns, I think my mother and father are more exited when i buy something new than i am. My sister likes clay pigeon shooting, and i'm warming her up to handguns, i let her shoot my 9mm last time but she didn't like the recoil, so i got a .22 revolver now.
>>
File: 1461910193347.gif (960 KB, 284x223) Image search: [Google]
1461910193347.gif
960 KB, 284x223
>>29865922
>i let her shoot my 9mm last time but she didn't like the recoil,
>>
>>29865931
Shes a small woman, with very small hands, i think the revolver would fit her hands better. She didn't like the muzzle flip from the pistol
>>
>>29865618
>At least your father does not sit on the toilet with his tablet and the door open yelling across the house asking if things on local gun groups are decently priced.

No, he has the decency to keep the door closed, then texts me from the shitter about hockey scores so I have the game on when he gets out. I do take him out to shoot clays a few times per year and my God is he awful. He's put about 300 shells out of my Benelli and broke one clay.
>>
File: 1461485663349.jpg (90 KB, 549x280) Image search: [Google]
1461485663349.jpg
90 KB, 549x280
>>29864286
My mother has a massive irrational fear of guns. Back when I only had an air rifle, she wouldn't even touch it and every time guns come up, she insists that she'd be less safe with guns in the house due to the possibility of something unspecified happening or them "falling into the wrong hands" despite me being the only one having the keys. At this point, I just chuckle about it and ask her about the time she saw my guns walk around and do bad things by themselves :^)

Since I still live at home and my dad won't say anything she doesn't agree with, my gun safe is at the house of a fellow hunter a few minutes away from me.
Not optimal, but we can all live with that compromise until I move out and turn my new place into a miniature firearms museum.

Sorry to hear that though, OP...sounds like your mother is even more of a hysterical hoplophobe than mine.
But here in Euroland, it's probably not as uncommon as in the US.
>>
File: washington.jpg (82 KB, 680x497) Image search: [Google]
washington.jpg
82 KB, 680x497
>>29864286
>be me
>inna college
>go shooting one day freshman year inna desert
>oh fuck now I'm hooked
>get a nugget that summer
>anti-gun mom is like "lol alright anon it's your money and you're old enough"
>Dad approves
>go shooting with Pops and my friends every other week
>grow as family
>fast forward 1 year
>live on /k/, openly ammosexual
> Dad gets us ARs
> entry-level shit since he's a recovering fudd, but still, couldn't be happier
>Mom is like "aight nig, good bonding
>tfw I've redpilled her into wanting to CC, but still warming up mall ninja shit, because she's pragmatic as a soviet architect, not because of scary salt gun meme
>little sister is down to shoot AR, thinks its cool af
>tfw I've merged her SJW tendencies with funs and distrust of the govt.
tldr, 5/5 breddy gud :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
select all the images with freedom
>>
>>29864286
Its not about gun, its about familia bro. Cause there are things beyond stupid "we dont allow gunz" shit. Like this funeral you speak before. Sorry to say, but your family is shit. And I feel my too
>>
My mom's pretty interested in funz but has never done more than shoot one if it's around at picnics and shit. Money's tight so I picked up a snubby vindicator .357 because she was talking up wanting to try shooting a .357 mag the other day. Hopefully it'll start there and cascade into "The Itch"
>>
File: 1450890269185.png (564 KB, 1060x800) Image search: [Google]
1450890269185.png
564 KB, 1060x800
>>29865618
KEK
>>
>>29864286
they don't really care
>>
File: tumblr_nyeu58xO5o1tlnonoo1_1280.jpg (438 KB, 1280x875) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyeu58xO5o1tlnonoo1_1280.jpg
438 KB, 1280x875
>>29865971
>>little sister is down to shoot AR, thinks its cool af
literally my goal

I think my mother's a lost cause but my dad and my sister can probably be redeemed.
>>
>>29864286
Well, if you ever wanted to transition, now would be the time to do it.
>>
>>29864477
Dude buy a safe...
>>
Thats prettu fuged up. Luckily my family doesn't care; actually they see the usage of them rather than something dangerous
>>
File: ill cut ya.jpg (11 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
ill cut ya.jpg
11 KB, 325x325
>>29864286
dad has a glock 23 in his closet he hasn't touched in almost a year
I just turned 21 and went through the process of getting my ccw and now im waiting on the call. I told him I want to get some guns and go shooting and hes into it, but really hes just lazy. I did get him to carry for a brief while but he stopped. Could be worse I suppose
>>
File: 20160317_140515-1600x900.jpg (266 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160317_140515-1600x900.jpg
266 KB, 1600x900
>mfw im making sure i dont have these problems
>>
>>29864286
My mother and father met at a Trap shooting contest. Both sides of my family that still live in the boondocks are very pro gun while the ones who moved away are indifferent. My father's family are more pro gun mostly because of the tradition. My great grandfather was very poor when he was discharged from the army in 1943 and couldn't hardly work at the time due to his injuries. Him and my great grandmother literally lived off the land. They grew their own vegetables and my grandfather hunted deer and small game for meat. I still have that shotgun and rifle that kept my great grandparents fed.
>>
>>29865671
Pics of ur mum
>>
>>29864286

Whole family grew up in the south. I'm the youngest son of 4 in my generation and was recently given control of the estate.

I recently found out some younger family members were vehement democrats and tore them off the family teat. The fucking sob story voicemails about not being able to afford college tuition and housing made me chuckle. I'm using the money we saved to buy my dad a boat.

The pendulum swings both ways, my friend. Make it work for you.
>>
Nobody in my family was really interested in guns except for my father. He owned 2 1911s and a Remington 870 at first. My mom was anti gun and raised me to be so as well until woke up and realized that guns weren't bad, then I turned her pro gun and my dad even more pro gun. They divorced and remarried both to people who already liked firearms so now in addition to converted parents, I have step-parents who like guns as well.
>>
File: turkimorphs.jpg (76 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
turkimorphs.jpg
76 KB, 500x667
>Dad is anti-gun
>Ask him why he thinks it doesn't make sense to own a hand gun for self defense (I have been trying to get him to permit a gun in the house because ol' jimmy carter decided to put a habitat for humanity ghetto next to my upper middle class neighborhood)
>He says "It's the police's job"
>So I walk into the garage, take the fire extinguisher he keeps on hand, and throw it in the trash.
>"WHAT ARE YOU DOING ANON"
>"That's the fire department's job, Dad"

He doesn't even try to argue with me about guns any more, all he does is say "This guy would get rid of all of them" like a moron. It's as futile as convincing him that Hillary Clinton is a manipulative bitch and borderline war criminal.
>>
>>29874011
>borderline war criminal
she danced over that line a long time ago
>>
File: bill clinton.jpg (720 KB, 1280x772) Image search: [Google]
bill clinton.jpg
720 KB, 1280x772
>>29874046
>when u bomb Karadzic for being a war criminal but then your wife turns out to be one too
>>
My family is totally okay with guns, but they're fudd as fuck, especially my dad (I don't know how many times he's tried to tell me that 7.62x39 is the "basically the same" as .308). Most of them either hunt or have military experience so guns are just kinda a staple in my family.
>>
My whole family except the ones that live in Utah are pro gun and own guns. My mother recently got her CC permit and nice new glock. Feels good man
>>
>>29864286
My parents are not only okay with me owning guns, but they'll even buy me guns and ammunition.
>>
>>29874118
>living in utah
>anti gun

what?
>>
>>29874136
I know right!? They live in a ritzy part of slc and don't shoot or anything. Their son is secretly into gun because last time I went there he was asking me all sorts of questions about them
>>
Pretty weird actually. Immediate family would rather I not own any but finally caved in at 18. They tried to relegate it to just me and it's understandable now. They just aren't into them. I'm trying to contain my autism now which is easy since I am awake when everyone is asleep so I clean and maintain then and no one sees them. New guns are an iffy right now since I live with them. They require I focus on college first. But after I am done cutting, getting back to classes and have enough saved, there's probably going to be an AR added to my collection.
>>
>family knows
>none fully approve
>know i carry every single day
>every family event "hurr dont bring a gun"
>say i wont, i just bring a smaller gun
>they know i own a couple
>they dont know i have a dozen guns
>imaging their butthurt should they ever find out i have that many guns gives me a boner
>dont talk to dad much, but he is that weird mix of pro gun and pro regulation
>thinks that anything over 10rds should be banned
>take him out shooting and he shoots an AR
>can sense the internal conflict
>spending time/money right now stocking up on mags/lowers/reloading supplies
>>
>>29864286
Then I guess you HAD a mother. My mom was anti-gun until I sat her down and made her listen to the 911 calls of people(victims) being raped/murdered/brutalized in their own homes. Now when she comes to visit she always wants to take a trip to the range and shoot her handgun.
>>
>>29865944
>Shes a small woman
post dem pics nigga.
>>
>>29864286
My family is pretty cool with it.

My sympathies, OP.
>>
>>29864286
>Hire a friend/thug to break into your mother's home.
> Conveniently be there to "reconcile", with some bs excuse.
>point gun at "intruder to gtfo"
>friend/thug leaves
>Now they like you alittle more.

Maybe the intruder also has a gun but he gets scared to shoot in the end.
>>
>>29865084
>that subtle rearward lean of the shoulders

Ahh, the classic "I don't wanna be here" stance.
>>
>>29864286
>Mind you, this all started about a month ago

They will get over it. I agree with you that it is disgusting that your family would practically disown you for owning guns. Just about anyone would be disgusted if they knew about it. That's why this is going to be temporary.
>>
>>29865971
>Read lines 4 and 5 together because eyes are tired
>fuck a nugget

Wut
>>
File: 1462074249835.gif (263 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1462074249835.gif
263 KB, 500x282
>>29874470
>not fucking a nugget
>>
>>29864286
we can be your family instead.
your mom is pretty shitty famalam
my family is pretty fucking based gun wise, hell, my cousin does pyrotech and firearms training for movies.
yet for some reason my mom supports shit like the AWB and CA's laws.
>>
>>29864286
No its not normal, Anon. An ideal family has the closest bonds even if they aren't on the same political spectrum. You can always disgrace your family by being a fuck up but enjoying a hobby/sport should not.
My mom isn't a gun nut but understands that Americans should be able to own guns, and that it's my money I'm spending anyways. Dad likes shooting guns and owns a few and also believes that Americans should be able to own guns. Admittedly, he gets a little on the fence a little bit when there's a mass shooting in the news.
>>
>>29865708
My big bro for me into video games by modding my PS1 with one of those mod chips that you soldered on, as well as getting me that DOOM Collection for Win98.
>>
>>29864477
Just carry it on you 24/7
>20
... after waiting a year.
>>
>>29865645
Better yet move out pussy
>>
>>29874353
Maybe give them blanks? act out a whole firefight. Maybe recreate the alleyway scene in Collateral when the family goes out for dinner.
>>
>>29864286

I am currently stuck with a ultra-liberal family and even they don't do this shit.

I'd cut my losses OP and call it good. Make your own family.
>>
>>29874810
>no job
>been looking for a job for almost a year
>houses here are 100k USD + (big city)

Yeah, sure, why didn't i thought about that before....
>>
>>29864286
My family wouldn't be happy, but they'd accept it. My parents come from Asia where civilian gun ownership is worse than europe, which explains a lot of it.

The only one who'd become a megabitch would be my sister but she's an ultra-liberal slut who hates asia but keeps her dual citizenship to leech of the healthcare there, so I don't give a fuck about what she does. I don't know where she went wrong, but I highly suspect either a nurse switched the bassinets or my mother was in close proximity to dangerous chemicals while my sister was in her womb.
>>
>>29874857
Have you considered moving somewhere where there are jobs, and getting a roommate?
>>
My parents used to go shooting for rabbits and ferreting when they were younger but sold there funs and let their licences expire by the time they got around to having kids. My mum became fairly anti gun after her father shot him self when his cancer got to bad and was against me getting guns but after talking to her she came around
>>
>>29874866
>moving somewhere where there are jobs
I need money for a house first, and i live in argentina, not the US. There is only 1 big city and i am a mechanic student

>rommate

US custom. Maybe european. That kind of things its not practiced here.
>>
>>29874889
Ohhhh.

What you need is an entry visa into a white country before another Kirchner makes it into office.
>>
>>29874901
I actually plan to try and get into the US once i am done with the studies in a few years. wanted to be a soldier anwyays and the USMC always attracted me. I can only hope when trump wins he will make a better way for legal immigrants to become US citizens and maybe make the USMC an legion-force or something alike.
>>
>Moved recently
>dad owns fudd guns but is pro 2A as fuck
>mom is indifferent, supports what we support but doesn't like to shoot
>brothers don't shoot and don't care
>sister pretends to be hot cop chick laying down the law when she shoot my pistols but otherwise doesn't care about gun.
>dad's side shoots alot
>mom's side is anti gun with the exception of uncles

Can't complain
>>
>>29874932
>populist candidates
>encouraging legal immigrants

Unlikely.

See if the Czechs will take you.

Sure they're poorer, but they got a lot of guns.
>>
>>29874990
Meh, its not just the guns. I find funny how most of the US-lifestyle just.... suits me

>right wing candidate who supports legal immigration
>about to win in a country where its easier to immigrate ilegally
>unlikely to make legal immigration easier

lol
>>
File: 1453829172352.jpg (45 KB, 480x220) Image search: [Google]
1453829172352.jpg
45 KB, 480x220
>Have to move out of apartment
>Decide to stay with my mom while I sort things out
>Very liberal
>I mean full blown peacenik hippe Grateful Dead follower
>Very carefully bring up the fact that I have guns
>"What, like a shotgun?"
>WASR-10, AR-15, 226 and Mossberg 500
>"I-Is that OK?"
>"Oh yeah, honey. Is it fully automatic?"
>Wut
>"No, their semi autos."
>"Damn. If someone broke into the house, I want to go Rambo. If I need to kill someone, I wanna KILL someone."
>mfw
Gonna get that woman a spa day and roses tomorrow.

HOPE YOU NIGGERS REMEMBERED
>>
>>29875090
Why is it that usually the most liberals are the most psychotic?
>>
>>29864286
Dad got me into reloading and is pro black rifle, gave me my first AR, and even did a form 1 for a .22 can. Mom CCs regularly. Both brother and sister have hunted but will likely fall away from the hobby or become fudds.

All of my family is pro-gun but they have yet to accept that the 2A covers claymores, full autos, and AT4s.

Sucks, anon. I grant you honorary adoption to my family.
>>
>>29875178
they think everyone would kill other people with guns, just like them
>>
>>29865362
7 Kids? Do your parent just fuck constantly?
>>
Your family is full of faggots, I'd cut them off for acting like that over what you like.

I'm glad my entire family is pro-gun
>>
>>29874297
moar of her pls
>>
>>29874088
He's not /completely/ off on that. x39 has similar ballistics to .30-30, or so I've been told.
>>
>>29864286
>Father
He was very supportive before he passed & was the one that got me into guns.
>Mother
She is ok with it but since my father passed she seems to be getting peaved that i'm not giving guns up.
>Mother's side of the family
I don't know & don't care, I never really had much to do with them.
>Father's side of the family
They like the ideal of owning guns, but they would never spend the money on them. I constantly get told I should spend my money on more important things, like jordans, name brand clothes, new car & assorted high-end electronics. Instead of guns & ammo since you only have 2 hands, you don't need more than 1 or 2 guns & 100rd max.
>>
File: justfmsu.jpg (113 KB, 600x775) Image search: [Google]
justfmsu.jpg
113 KB, 600x775
>>29874060
JUST
>>
>>29864286

Mom didn't like them much and wouldn't allow them in her house. Couldn't really blame her considering my brother committed suicide with one of my father's rifles. She was never really in favor of banning them outright, probably in large part because she grew up poor in eastern Oregon. Sometimes friends and relatives offloading extra venison was about the only thing that made ends meet. She supported hunting and all that she just didn't like them and didn't want to be around them.

Dad and I bonded over guns a lot. Some of the best memories I have with my father were at the range or sitting together at the reloading bench shooting the shit and listening to the AM radio. He left me a bunch that my shit of a sister stole and sold. She's not antigun just pro-selling-shit-that's-not-yours-to-make-a-quick-buck.

No one in my family is screeching soccer mom levels of antigun. There are a few that don't like guns much but more that do. Comes with growing up in rural Oregon and Idaho. They're a part of the culture.
>>
>>29864286
>Nuclear and extended family is about 20% current/former soldiers
>Dad's side of the family is fudd as can get, for the most part
>Dad himself has some non-fudd guns too. Has a big collection that was stolen from several years ago
They were hand-me-down antiques, and I'm sure he was a lot more hurt than he let on.
>Dad got me a shotgun when I was younger
>Then a rifle when I got older
>Grandfather on my mom's side got me and my bro pistols a few years ago
>I can't even get pistol ammo, which i sometimes forget
>Trying to get a family outing to the range so I can get some more gun food

Everyone in my family has access and knows how to use a gun. I love it.
>>
>>29865362
Are you black?
>>
File: 1455789307542.png (388 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1455789307542.png
388 KB, 600x800
>>29864286
>I was wondering, how does your family react to you owning firearms/weapons?

I still live with my parents and own 4 guns. They don't know about it.

My dad is okay with guns and owns some but he lives in another house, doesn't want me having any. Going out on range trips and coordinating gun related deliveries by mail is something I need to meticulously plan out. I really should move out desu.
>>
File: 312.png (193 KB, 600x504) Image search: [Google]
312.png
193 KB, 600x504
>>29877094
>you don't need more than 1 or 2 guns & 100rd max.
>you dont need more than 100 rounds
>more
>than
>100
>rounds

You see, this is how you know they never went to the firing range.
>>
Both sides are okay with guns. My dad is pretty interested, and is looking into getting his non restricted and restricted.
>>
My dad called me the other day to ask what powder/bullets I use to reload .45-70 because he wanted to duplicate my loads.

I don't think minds my guns.
>>
>>29864286
That's super fucked up.

My wife and my mom don't like guns, so no getting them to the range, but my wife will always stop by the counter at Walmart to get a few boxes of 22lr when she's running errands. I also have some family members who are super antigun, but we don't fuck with each other about it. I can't imagine my hobby getting in the way of my family life, but maybe I just lucked out on people who can maintain healthy relationships.
>>
>Your family is threatening to disown you because you own firearms

Your family is fucking mentally ill. It might seem like a harsh reality but there is no reasoning with those kinds of people. >>29864853 is right.
Anyway, my parents both have cc licenses, the rest of my family is pretty much indifferent. My grandmother doesn't seem to like the idea of me getting a cc license, but she has made no real objections to it. My dad and I go hunting frequently.
>>
Sounds like you are more of an adult than the rest of the adults in your family op. Us your family super liberal? Would they be accepting of you if you came out as gay/transgender? Ask why the difference and where their tolerance went? Bad situation all around though for you op.

My family is cool. Parents don't shoot much but my mother worked at a range for the first 15 years of my life. Dad carries sometimes. My bro and I very into guns and shooting. Have tons of guns all over the house and they don't care. Mom even shot my bros 50 deagle brand deagle. She doesn't even bat an eye at muh NFA. Most we ever get is another one?
>>
>>29864286
holy shit thats shitty as fuck my mom bought me my first rifle and almost everyone in my family excluding my mom and sisters own a gun
>>
>>29878907
The fucked up thing is they have, i've taken them a few times. They still don't understand.
>>
File: 1426791973138.jpg (18 KB, 183x182) Image search: [Google]
1426791973138.jpg
18 KB, 183x182
>>29864286
>Be me
>Watch my anti-guns mother slowly become more pro-guns when we move to Alabama
>Dad is Army colonel from Dixie, so always has been pro-fun
>Over the past two years my mother's bipolar disorder surfaces at full retard levels
>I'm stuck at home paying for community college/also recovering from surgery and cannot escape her wrath
>Ends up being committed after ruining Christmas with her never ending bullshit
>I leave home to live with grandparents back in KY because mother has it out for me specifically
>Take my guns, get job, and avoid contact with parents at my father's behest for a while
>Hear from my dad that she won't let guns in the house anymore since she can't legally own them now
>Dad is in the middle of getting his CC
>She keeps trying to ruin his career and threatens to leave
>Won't actually leave because she's lazy and incompetent at everything she does and she could never hold a job down
>tfw my dad is a living embodiment of justfuckmeup.jpg now
>>
File: 1462643687581.jpg (361 KB, 1296x1944) Image search: [Google]
1462643687581.jpg
361 KB, 1296x1944
>>29864286
My dad's Pro fun. I bought a pistol before I moved out. I made sure to ask him if he will be okay with me having a gun and he felt I was mature enough and capable enough and a grown-ass adult enough to not do anything stupid. My future wife took a little more convincing but she was okay with me having them in the house. She wasn't entirely happy when I purchase gun number 2 or gun number 3 Oregon number 4. This past September I finally convinced her to go to a gun range with me and she had fun. So with baby steps I'm making gun culture a part of my nuclear family.
>>
>>29864286

> Family willing to 0-tolerance ban you from it because you own inanimate objects they don't understand

>Is this abnormal?

How in the right mind of God do you think this stands a chance at being normal?

My Parents are getting into guns, they are going for their CCWs soon. My bro has been right along with me the whole ride. My Mom's bro is the guy who got us into guns with their father.

I'm slowly working on my father's side of the family, they aren't necessarily anti, but they aren't exactly pro either. DESU they just don't know enough about it.

This is why you don't let family and friends talk about politics, assuming you don't know they can otherwise handle it like an adult.

Your family sounds more childish than a 3-week old aborted fetus.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.