[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a flordia fag thread? Any one know if any good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12
File: FLACMAP.png (39 KB, 586x526) Image search: [Google]
FLACMAP.png
39 KB, 586x526
Can we have a flordia fag thread?

Any one know if any good ranges I can buy membership to? Maybe even outdoors? South Florida here.
>>
904 here. More south of Jax, so I just go innawoods.
>>
>>29863244
352/Gainesville(UF)
>Gainesville Target Range
It's private membership and has a bit of shit there. I'm poorfag until I grad though so I just mainly go into a range near by thats public.
>>
Favorite FL camp spots to go innaswamp/woods? Everglades nat'l park is pretty legit.
>>
Any one over near boca?
>>
File: 1461936973607.jpg (157 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1461936973607.jpg
157 KB, 1920x800
Just moved from the Space Coast to a place in Houston right by Johnson Space Center. I'm going to be visiting for colleges next year, but now that I'm a Texas resident I might have to cash-in my college plan and try for grants/scholarships over here.

I miss Florida despite how shitty it was.
>>
no fuck off to /soc/
>>
>>29866432
/soc/ is full of liberals and literal cucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 1499x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 1499x2048
I live in the 239, SW Florida

What are the laws and regulations regarding going innawoods at public parks in Florida?

Would bringing a car, a gun(or 2) and tent be a bad thing?

Would going inna uniform be a bad idea?
>>
305 here

fuck this place
>>
>>29866542
Everything has to be concealed, no open carry when camping down here, you will get in trouble. No shooting in state parks. Pretty much if you wanna go innawoods get your hunting license and go at it. If you want to open carry in a WMA you can do so while fishing, but you will be hassled by FWC, I know.
>>
772 here... i have a Lotus Gunworks down the street from me... also I know Holopaw as a good innawoods spot
>>
>>29866696
My understanding was that open carry while hunting, fishing, hiking, and camping was okay, how could I avoid getting arrested while OCing?
>>
>>29866850
"A person engaged in fishing, camping or lawful hunting or going to or returning from these activities"

Hiking ain't on there man. Try open carrying in a state park while camping. The laws in state parks are in direct conflict with the legal open carry statute.

Now as for the Ocala National Forest, I think you may be able to OC while camping, I'm not sure.
>>
>>29866850
As for the not getting arrested part, be extremely respectful of any cop you encounter, especially the possum cops. They operate under different rules than the others, they can search you and your vehicle without probably cause and impound/confiscate what they want. As long as you are white you should be fine though.
>>
File: 2016-05-07-08-46-51-236973560.jpg (8 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-07-08-46-51-236973560.jpg
8 KB, 251x201
>>29866937
Am Denny though?
>>
File: frig off.gif (62 KB, 156x267) Image search: [Google]
frig off.gif
62 KB, 156x267
>>29863334
>go into a range near by thats public

Where is that? Gainesville here too, I go to the Lake City range but turbofuck driving ~1:30 round trip. Is there a closer one?

>select all the RVs
>have to select an ambulance to get through the captcha

y-you too
>>
>>29866898
That makes literally no sense, if I was OCing a .22 while camping, slinged for example, and an officer questioned me, would I merely show him the state law, or should I just agree and leave?

If state parks aren't an option, then where else can an outdoorsy guy go to shoot and hike?
>>
>>29866984
You literally cannot go "hiking and shooting", in the sense that you mean (innawoods), on public property in Florida. You need to have access to private property or a lease somewhere. I'm terribly luckily that I have private property access where I can shoot guns and drink alcoholic beverages at the same time.
>>
>>29867089
That's Florida law for you. So majorly fucked. But damn it's such a good balance. Liberal enough to keep the cucks quiet, but enough freedom juice to tease muh murican boner. Florida such a naughty bitch.
>>
>>29863298
Atlantic Beach, where are you innawoodsing?
>>
Okeechobee shooting sports is the only answer here. Jupiterfag, and if you go look for some loon in digi flora or Adidas trackies wielding a Garand
>>
>>29866408

im in boca. probably going to gunworld or revere this weekend.
>>
File: 20160502_203829.jpg (650 KB, 1169x657) Image search: [Google]
20160502_203829.jpg
650 KB, 1169x657
Florida Firearms Academy is in the slow season apparently
They said business picks back up after people get their tax returns
>>
>>29867978
Ayyy my boi, gun world is pretty good. My dad goes to Revere, how are the prices? I've been needed a range switch.
>>
>>29867646
Ugh, two hours away from me. Is it worth the drive?
>>
>>29868424
Definitely, cheap prices, outdoors, free to bring your own ammo. Tons of events, paper and steel ranges, it's got everything
>>
>>29866718
772 here (on occasion)

Buy from american defense on A1A they're better dudes. Lotus guys are kinda stuck up.
>>
407 here, what's the consensus on the indoor ranges around orlando?
>>
File: GsiNWlC.jpg (1 MB, 3044x2154) Image search: [Google]
GsiNWlC.jpg
1 MB, 3044x2154
561 here
tfw no private land
>>
>>29868551
East Orange shooting sports is pretty reasonable. They do rentals too, which is nice to fingerfuck guns. Customers are 12 year olds- operators and everything in between. Good rates and memberships. Some associates know their stuff, some don't. Never been a fan of shoot straight, but only been once and had a shitty time. Gander mtn in lake Mary is too pricy and too many fudds. Only tried those 3 because they are reasonably close. Normal go to my house in Tennessee and destroy whatever I have on property because bro-tier neighbors are bros and don't call the sheriff for bullshit
>>
>>29868409
Pretty cheap for both. Revere is a massive shithole but it's usually pretty empty so I like going there
>>
>>29866627
You been to florida gun center?
>>
If any of you fags are still lurking, we have a Florida groupme. All the way from Northern FL to the southern end. Send me an email at [email protected] if you're interested
>>
>>29866972
Ocala National. It's like a 1hr trip and change round trip so may not be any better than Lake City. Moving here for school I figured out in the bum fuck country that is Gainesville I could find some place to shoot outside but no luck.
>>
File: IMG-20160221-WA0001.jpg (200 KB, 1504x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160221-WA0001.jpg
200 KB, 1504x1000
Central/South Florida here. We had a meet a few months back. Best places are going to be ocala for anything long range , but you are going to have to find someone who knows about a private land for anything w/o fudds/range officers
>>
next fl /k/ meet when
>>
850 here, panhandle a shit
>>
File: IMG_9680.jpg (2 MB, 3495x1819) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9680.jpg
2 MB, 3495x1819
Orlando city, here. I just go to Shoot Straight when I can't go to the grandparent's. $15 an hour, no stupid magnetic bullet or "rapid fire" rules.

On the other hand, my grandparent's live in Clermont and we've been shooting on their land for longer than I've been alive.
>>
File: image.jpg (306 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306 KB, 750x1334
>>29863244
Actually got to shoot on private propery today, thanks /k/
>>
>>29870446
I looked it up, the rates seem better than shoot straight.

Do they allow rifles? Are the ROs shitty?
>>
>>29873254
>bud light
>bud
at least he's voting for trump he's ok in my book.
>>
>>29867578
Jennings State Forrest. Shhhh.
>>
So I'm relatively new to owning guns, and I shoot on my land, or inna woods. Dont really have a dedicated range. Yet.
There is this one close to my college. But they have an annual fee of something like $300. Is this unreasonable, or par for the course?
>>
>>29874001
This
>>
Alachua here
>>
Where my 941 fags at
>>
>>29874202
Where in the woods? Im from Middleburg so I am right by there
>>
>>29870832
Jef pls
>>
>>29874285
Where do you shoot up there? Alachuabro. I live near UF but am sick of driving to Ocala
>>
>>29874468
I go lakecity and i shoot at the GTR competition with the UF shooting team
>>
>>29874504
>UF Shooting team
I thought about joining but said fuck it. Between working full time and trying to finish my degree, wouldn't work
>GTR
Is it nice there? I want to shoot there but you have to take their classes first or something.
>>
>>29863477
I was thinking about heading down there for some "squirrel hunting".
>>
>>29874868
>GTR
no class needed for competition just your $20 (base range fee anyways) and thats it. If you want we can pm each other and maybe even shoot together some time
>>
File: IMG_08501.jpg (312 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_08501.jpg
312 KB, 800x800
>>
>>29874908
Oh shit I didn't know that. I thought everyone shooting there had to be member or taken courses there. Yeah man that would be good, haven't really met anyone here to shoot with. I'll make a throwaway.
>>
Fuck Jacksonville its a decent place for funs but its a shitty hipster town otherwise
Moving to orlando any good stores or ranges?
>>
>>29874961
Kik?
>>
>>29874979
jetlaggedmode
>>
386 here. I've seen some really terrible advice and misunderstandings on OC in the woods in this thread. As for shooting places, out here in east Volusia there is: the Strickland range, outdoors isn't bad decent price and sometimes gives vets a free pass; Top Gun which just opened and is a rather nice indoor range (25yd max) but has some restrictions; Hot Shots out in Holly Hill/Ormond but that place is terribly priced and just full of guys looking to screw you over. Good stores include Florida Gun Exchange in Ormond and South Daytona. Also, AAA in Deland is nice, it's one of my secret spots for ammo. I currently innawoods in Ocala National, mostly because with a hunting license I can hunt hogs all year round. I'm looking into some other spots like Tiger Bay (need to check their rules).
>>
813. Shooter's world is nice, and wyoming antelope club in the 727 is even better.
>>
>>29874365
DUDE. I live off 218.
>>
>>29874974
Agree. Does it seem to you that niggers are taking over? I don't mean fine upstanding black folk. I mean the niggest nigs. Just seems every year they spread out of containment we call Northside, and just..proliferate.
>>
File: 1462585198405.jpg (393 KB, 978x1534) Image search: [Google]
1462585198405.jpg
393 KB, 978x1534
>>29874365
Shameless bumb because Im trying to find a local anon. Totally didnt think anyone in this hick town visited this magical place.
>>
>>29875049
Could you explain the OC situation better then?
>>
>>29875106
Never shot at Shooter's World but their sales floor is overpriced
Asking for like $800 for a fucking WASR
I went there one time around a S&W sale and their sale prices were the same as Shoot Straight's everyday prices
I shoot at FFA off Hillsborough

Shot my first full auto AK for my birthday the other week
>no rear sight
>everything wobbles on it
>"lol, just a rental"
The should put some kind of optic on the rear sight block or something like they do with their rental full auto AR
>>
>>29877996
OC in florida is a pain. First it's 790.53 that prohibits oc and 790.06 that allows for cc. 790.25 allows am exception under section 3 subsection h says "A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;". I assume many of you already knew this. Now the tricky part is you're going to be fucked with for exercising these rights. A good way around a lot of this is you need to check the public land use. If you can camp and firearms are not prohibited you're good. (Not legal advice but check up on the land use.) Another great one is hog hunting. In florida hogs are a nuisance species and require no license to hunt, nor do they have a bag limit or season usually. So if allowed just say you're hog hunting. (Note the weird 5 round mag thing I just learned about.)
>>
>>29878762
Still need to get around to getting my hunting license.

Are WMAs exactly like state parks?
>>
>>29878859
Different guy chiming in, but no, not exactly. They're still gov't owned, but fall under a different t set of subrules. For example, to hog hunt on WMA, you actually need permission and a certain season if I recall correctly. It's fucking bonkers.
>>
>>29878964
You may not need a hunting license but you will need a management area stamp which is 26.50. WMA aren't really good for just running around with muh guns. After some research last night Ocala and Big Cypress are probably the best, I'm always looking for more.
>>
>>29878964
So hog hunting is easier in State Parks?

I don't know anyone who hunts here, (college student that moved here) so I'm just wondering how people do it,
>>
>>29878987
Hunting is absolutely prohibited in state parks, as it should be.
>>
Miamifags, has anyone gone shooting in that water management area north of the trail glades range? It looks like people have gone mudding there at least and it looks desolate enough
>>
>>29874934
>boy scout socks
>>
Hogs and deers baby!

And sometimes a nuisance armadillo fucking up my shit.
>>
>>29879219
They fit and are comfortable
>>
>>29879212
>has anyone gone shooting in that water management area north of the trail glades range?

I wouldn't do that tbqh. I do go shoot at trail glades but I'm getting tired of square ranges tbqh
>>
386 here. Tiger bay range is pretty meh tier, am I right?
>>
>>29879258
then what do you suggest?
>>
>>29866937
>the possum cops
wut?
>>
>>29871660
Shoal River Shooting Range ashit.
>>
>>29878762
>hog hunting. (Note the weird 5 round mag thing I just learned about.)
I dont think you are required to have a 5 round mag for non-edible non-taggable game. BUT verify that, cause I haven't.

Also, go check out FLoridacarry.com They had a story about some guy OCing on a pier, and some fuckin cop tried to ninja his gun out of the guys holster, almost got shot in the process.
>>
>>29879323
not him, but overtown or allapattah
>>
>>29879274
If you're talking about Strickland then idk I've stopped and left once. I just go up to flagler gun club. Got a student discount and it's only $40 a year.
>>
>>29879378
I saw that oc thing in the news last year. There are a couple of groups that regularly get together and go out for oc fishing.

The five round rule I think is for WMAs but I haven't had time to keep reading on it since I first saw it.
>>
>>29879410
kek
>>
>>29879477
Is Flagler gun club any good? I just moved to Palm Coast and it doesn't look like I have much of a choice in terms of outdoor places.
>>
Anyone want to meet up in lakecity and shoot?
>>
>>29879323
>then what do you suggest?

crying, because no matter what you do, Miami will always have shitty shooting areas.
>>
In boca here, 561. Where can I shoot or go innawoods??
>>
>>29881312
kek, nowhere
>>
>>29881312
hello fellow bocafag!
>>
>>29879757
I've been a member for about a year, I moved to PC for cheap rent last year but moved back closer to school because of the costs. Flagler is quite good. Always working for improvement, though I feel they love their trap and skeet to much.
>>
>>29875106
holy fuck, i'm reading the rules for WAC and this shit is horrible. I sincerely hope you don't give them your money, especially if you have the option of going to shooter's world
>>
>>29878102

561 here, yeah I went to Okeechobee to shoot a full auto AK. They treated that thing like shit. It was so bad the receiver fell apart after the second mag was inserted. RIP.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.