[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maybe import bans aren't all that bad. Consider this: nobody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1462022363404.jpg (426 KB, 720x1126) Image search: [Google]
1462022363404.jpg
426 KB, 720x1126
Maybe import bans aren't all that bad.

Consider this: nobody innovates like American companies. The rest of the world is doing jack shit to improve small arms technology.

So maybe protectionism isn't such a bad thing. Gives more support to domestic manufacturing. If the market gets flooded with chink shit a lot of companies will go out of business.
>>
>>29851169
Are you trying to imply that china innovates?
>>
>>29851169
Naw then we miss out on all the cool european and other shit which we can't borrow and improve.

Fuck you niggershit OP, HK loves me and thinks I don't suck.
>>
I think it's healthier for the industry if they're forced to compete on quality and features and innovative design instead of just price.
>>
If we used china to supply ammo for the U.S. it would force domestic companies to either automate, innovate, or fold.

If they fold, we will then 'discover' the millions of dollars necessary for lead remediation that nobody ever talks about.
>>
>>29851198
>If they fold, we will then 'discover' the millions of dollars necessary for lead remediation that nobody ever talks about

What are you talking about? I'm not familiar with this issue.
>>
>>29851169
>tariff=/=ban
I'm barely okay with former but the latter is indefensible.
>>
>>29851177
I'm saying USA innovates, China is better on price. Hence protectionism
>>
>>29851222
Oh, the ammo companies haven't done a great job cleaning up the areas they're in. I checked the EPA reports around Pictinny Arsenal and other areas, and they always report below average lead contamination levels in the water.

I suspect there is some small conspiracy to prevent more people from looking into it.
>>
>>29851169
Fuck your shitty utilitarianism. Fuck your overweening bullshit. Fuck your AR fanboy mindset.

Freedom is precious in an of itself and, as such, these bans are an abomination that shouldn't exist.
>>
>>29851257
Agreed. Why are the guns banned anyway?
>>
>>29851169
>removing competition and giving domestic companies complete control of the market creates innovation
>thatsnothowthisworks.jpg
If you want innovation put them up against stupid cheap imports and force them to actually improve their process and product to compete.
>>
>>29851365
Are you implying there is some sort of gun manufacturers cartel at work here?
>>
>>29851385
No, I'm saying there's no reason for them to improve if they're making a shitload of money on overpriced garbage because China isn't allowed to sell $400 m14 clones and the like.
>>
>>29851417
They would presumably complete with other American manufacturers you imbred retard.
>>
>>29851436
You're missing the fucking point. You're isolating the market to relatively few companies and leaving out the best value firearms and ammo. This is not conducive to innovation.
>>
File: NRA.jpg (264 KB, 1335x1440) Image search: [Google]
NRA.jpg
264 KB, 1335x1440
>>29851385
What, you mean a consortium of weapon and ammunition manufacturers fighting to keep foreign competition out so consumers are forced to buy their overpriced products? Never.
>>
File: 1461647693644.jpg (441 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1461647693644.jpg
441 KB, 2048x2048
>>29851609
Stop making me feels
>>
>>29851417
i realize you're only 12 years old, but if a company wants to get around an import ban, or, as many other companies do, get around an unfavorable exchange rate, then they build a factory here and build and sell the shit here.

how did you get both your brain cells to form the thought to post this thread, and arent you worried about losing one?
>>
>>29851609
Is this really a thing or no?
>>
>>29851169
Maybe I'm a poorfag nofunz who pines for the days of the $60 Mosin. Ever think of that?
>>
>>29851652
>just build a factory in the states that will allow you to manufacture the millions of rounds of milsurp that are already sitting in a warehouse somewhere, unable to be shipped to the states due to import bans
>just build a factory and pay americans dollars on the penny to build guns that cant be imported without being destroyed and rebuilt by ATF standards, if they can be imported at all
if it was economically viable, theyd be doing it. do you honestly believe that the chinese arent willing to manufacture new norinco guns for the u.s. if there was any money in it? do you honestly believe that competition is bad for innovation?

i realize that you wanted your thread to be a big discovery moment for the gun community and suddenly people think you are a smart guy, but import bans dont help anyone except the manufacturers that just lost almost all of their competition.
>>
>>29851169
>Nobody innovates like American companies
>Only new guns every year are ARs, wonder 9s, and 1911s.

Yeah, ok.
>>
>>29851665
>Is the NRA real?

No fucking way someone is this dumb.
>>
>>29851609

My main gripe against the NRA.
>>
>>29852004
They've been changing over the past couple of years, at the behest of members and potential members. Not all the way there yet, but a decade ago they wouldn't have supported constitutional carry. Now they draft legislation for itm.

>Because they were forces to compete with smaller groups like GOA and JPFO
>>
File: 1441097884097.gif (197 KB, 462x326) Image search: [Google]
1441097884097.gif
197 KB, 462x326
>>29852057
Anon, do you really think they support that because of a love for freedom, and not because it means they get to sell more guns specifically designed for CC (and holsters, ammo)?

Until they fight against import bans, they are only fighting for themselves.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.