[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we get a radio general thread? i am interested in buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 8474405078_cf2522c81f_b.jpg (129 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
8474405078_cf2522c81f_b.jpg
129 KB, 800x531
can we get a radio general thread?
i am interested in buying 1 or more, but honestly i have no use for something so cool.
>>
>>29846530
then why not spend the money on something you need?

if you absolutely must have a radio that you'll never use them go with bubble pack radios for ease of use or a baofeng uv5r for a jack of all trades radio
>>
>>29846576
>then why not spend the money on something you need?
not a poorfag and i'd probably find a use for it if i got one.. i just have no practical use for it atm
>>
Currently own a Baofeng UV-5R. Not the best, not the worst. I've use it to listen in on local radio clubs and as a pager for my Fire department until my Captain signs me off on a Dept issued one. Helpful for learning my radio codes and such. Plus it's fun to fuck with little kids using Walmart walkie talkies. Told some kid that I was watching him and his friend as they were playing around, scared the shit out of them and made me kek. I need a life.
>>
I work at an industrial telecom company.

For our internal in-field communication, we use Motorola HT1250s. They are pretty easy to program, the batteries last a while, and you can get a bunch of accessories for them (like headsets). Also you can build repeaters if you want to talk over long distances.
>>
>>29846606
Yo what band do you generally find walkie talkie traffic on? I have yet to hear any. Live in major city so surprised by this
>>
>>29846605
im not accusing you of being a poorfag.

but i can tell you that wealthy people dont waste money on shit they dont need and cant properly utilize.

look into a Yeasu VX8DR for something with all the bells and whistles for a ham
>>
>>29846678
I am living proof this is not true
>>
>>29846646
in major cities businesses are most likely going to operate on 800/900mhz digital stuff to avoid interference and traffic from license density. Some businesses are going to operate on older legacy systems that will be on vhf or uhf in the older business freequencies.
>>
>>29846694
i specifically said "wealthy" not rich.
>>
any resources to find-out more about this stuff?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121 KB, 1600x1200
I use this CB radio.
I can easily hook it up to my car with an antenna on the roof or use it inna woods with an extended antenna on it.
>>
>>29846796
What exactly do you want to know?
>>
>>29846796
Buy the ham amateur radio license study manual and read it front to back.
>>
>>29846530
Make sure to use proper frequencies and look into getting an FCC tech licence.
>>
>>29846845
>read it front to back
isn't this generally the way to read something?
>>
>>29846987
you could just memorize all the questions in the question pool, but its better to read the book then memorize the pool
>>
>>29846796
ARRL tech licence guide is a good starting book, look more on the ARRL website for more info on getting into the Ham world.
>>
File: 1444209887850.jpg (57 KB, 720x594) Image search: [Google]
1444209887850.jpg
57 KB, 720x594
Pretty sure there's a trip on here with a backpack radio, British maybe? Anyone remember?
>>
File: aprsdroid2.jpg (151 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
aprsdroid2.jpg
151 KB, 700x525
Anyone think about portable packet radio systems for shtf shitposting. The ability to send encrypted text (on open lines), recon photos and maps for the cost of an adapter might be worth looking into.
>>
>>29846802

unlock it to have 400 channels is so easy.
>>
File: Slav_RAD.jpg (263 KB, 648x936) Image search: [Google]
Slav_RAD.jpg
263 KB, 648x936
>>29847318

Not him.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.