[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can shoot the balls off a gnat at 300 yards with a rifle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1406770735968.jpg (73 KB, 382x750) Image search: [Google]
1406770735968.jpg
73 KB, 382x750
>can barely get an eight inch group at 17 feet with a pistol
Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>significantly reduced distance between sights
>only one place to hold the damn thing vs 3 [stock to shoulder counts as 1] on a rifle

Bruh, it's common knowledge that peestols are harder to geschossen
>>
>>29846208
I'm aware of the physics behind it, yes.
>>
File: MediocreFryman.png (121 KB, 1130x900) Image search: [Google]
MediocreFryman.png
121 KB, 1130x900
>>29846176
Have you thought about taking a class? You might need a professional to tell you you're flinching and to squeeze the trigger instead of pulling it. That or just remember that the important deal of using a pistol is that you're using it in a defensive distance of 25ft and lower, the fact you're hitting your target is good enough.
>>
>>29846176
get a better trigger
>>
>>29846271
I think my biggest issue is just lack of range time. I'm a bit of a natural with long arms but pistols just fuck my shit up.

>>29846275
>tfw ~10 pound DAO trigger
>>
>cant get a decent grouping with same rifle
>>
>>29846305
What? Unless it's a shit rifle I can hold at least 1 MOA.
>>
>>29846176
I'm actually shit with a rifle.

I mean, I'm more accurate with a rifle than with a pistol and my accuracy degrades less over distance with a rifle, but I'm not good at shooting groups from a bipod, I suspect my AR is only kind of sighted in.

Things that helped me when I was learning pistols:

1. Grip hard enough to prevent sympathetic movement.
2. "roll" your finger to keep the trigger going back strait.
3. Dryfire
4. Shoot matches, my recoil control got so much better once I started shooting matches, not sure why exactly.
>>
>>29846371
Are people actually capable of 1MOA groups at 100yd with ironsights?

Whenever I shoot an AR with ironsights I feel like I'm just guessing where the rounds will hit, the front post is bigger than the bullseye on my small sight in target, even with a rifle length gas system.
>>
>>29846292
>DAO triggers
I know your fucking pain.
My only handgun is an Iver Johnson that my uncle sold to me and it's a pain in the ass sometimes.
>>
>>29846393
>Are people actually capable of 1MOA groups at 100yd with ironsights?
It's not that hard unless you have shit sights. Ring and post sights work really nice.
>>
File: 1462268381544.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1462268381544.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>grow up shooting revolvers from .22s to .44 magnums.
>be bretty damn gud with them, never shot a semi auto in my life.
>going camping with new qt3.14 grillfriends family for first time
>didnt want to bring arsenal if staying in boring ass campsite so only bring .22
>grillfriends dad turns out to be a fuddfuck (muh .45 hurr .22 a shit)
>actually camp inna woods and are able to shoot
>hammering wiffleballs @ 30 yards with ease even juggled with a single action often
>grills dad gives me .45 says try a mans gun, son
>first time shooting a semi, cant hit FUCK get made fun of rest of trip
>next time camping brought .44 mag superblackhawk and wrecked wiffle balls @ 40 yards
>turned tables on fudd-dad "try a mans gun, son"
>delicious revenge, fudd dad cant hit fuck, complains about his wrist, elbows and hands hurting
>fud dads final rebuttal ".45 makes a bigger hole"
>MFW

Kek'd hard as fuck.

Anyways I still cant hit fuck with semi auto hand guns.
>>
>Can stack holes in paper with a revolver
>Can barely keep ît on paper half the time with semi autos

It has to be a mind over matter thing...
>>
>>29846176
Yea I feel it too, OP. Pistols have always been harder for me for all the reasons stated. I have less practice with them, too.

Oddly enough, there are a few handys I can shoot very well- Tokarevs and Makarov- but anything double stack or with fat, modern sights just totally fucks with me. I like smaller framed guns with thin, shitty sights.
>>
>>29846176
nope.

Got real decent groups even with my g43 at 17 yards.
>>
>inb4 OP is shooting "the balls of a gnat" with rifle in a lead slead with more weight than his deadlift pull
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.