[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weapon cleaning for help for newbie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: IlsNNxW.jpg (190 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
IlsNNxW.jpg
190 KB, 800x1200
First time weapon owner here. Took my rifle (CZ 455) to the range and fired around 400 shots.

On the way home I picked up a cleaning rod, hoppes 9 solvent, a bore snake, hoppes weapon grease, some patches and weapon oil

I put some hoppes 9 solvent on the boresnake and ran it through the barrel 2 times. I also used weapon grease on the boresnake and ran it through the barrel. Is that enough? Do I need to use the rod? Do I need to clean the bolt itself or is there no need?

Sorry for stupid questions but I am a first time weapons owner. I just need to know how I am supposed to clean the rifle.
>>
I was in your position not so long ago anon, hopefully I can be of some help.

This is my cleaning routine:
1. Dab solvent onto a cleaning cloth and run down the barrel a few times to ensure it gets into the rifling and evenly down the barrel itself

2. allow to sit or 5 minutes, I usually scrub and clean the bolt in this time. Be careful of using hoppes gun grease on the bolt as it will likely discolor it. That shit doesn't bother me so I put it on anyway to ensure it doesn't rust.
3. Is a brass bristled brush to work free everything the solvent has loosened up.
4. Pour hot water down the barrel (be sure it doesn't go onto your stock or it may rot)
5. I use patches but this would be a good time for your bore snake a few times.
6. Bore snake or not, I will keep running patches through until they are clean.
7. Finally run a final patch with hoppes gun grease down the barrel to preserve.
8. The final patch down the barrel I will use to rub down the outside of the rifle to ensure it wont rust.

Any other anons please feel free to criticize, lambaste and correct.
>>
>>29845482
Where the fuck is that pic from?
>>
>>29845628
Poland football game.
>>
File: serbia.jpg (38 KB, 620x430) Image search: [Google]
serbia.jpg
38 KB, 620x430
>>29845628

Some Polish football club.

Ultras provoking cops with bengalos, cop spraying pepperspray to restore order. Maybe he knew it, maybe he didn't, but pepperspray is flammable. And bengalos are open fire.

Everyday business in Europe, Ultras and Hooligans attacking cops and each other.
>>
>>29845650
I was watching your pic related live, he fucking threw a show in the Luigi Ferraris. He got 3 years sentence tho.
>>
File: photo.jpg.png (123 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg.png
123 KB, 250x250
>>29845604
Thank you! You're best
Question about #8: do you use that patch to wipe down the the entire rifle? The outside of the barrel and all?
>>
>>29845700
Usually the whole rifle, you may need a little extra grease on the patch if your barrel soaks it up well.
>>
>>29845677
>3 years sentence

That guy's a fucking threat to society by definition, should have been sentenced for life
>>
>>29846568
>That guy's a fucking threat to society
Kek, are you albanian, t*rk or work as a cop? Bogdanov did nothing to be jailed for life, he's a hooligan with right wing connections, nothing more.
>>
So my rifle has been wiped down, and apparently had a small amount of surface rust. Nothing problematic, just some reddish/brown stuff that wiped off straight away with Frog Lube CLP. We oiled it up afterwards (buddy took it down, showed me how to put it together/take it apart, put it on safe, clean it etc, my first rifle) and chucked it in the safe.

Is it normal to have to clean off some surface rust/gunk on a new rifle?

And also, I've heard .22's like to keep a bit of lead/gunk in the barrel for the first couple hundred rounds, and to only clean it if I shoot 200+ rounds. Is this true, or is it fuddlore?
>>
>>29846652
>he's a hooligan

so he probably assaulted and injured several people, ever thought about that you retard?

It's not like that's a political view or something, being a hooligan means beating people up. And often enough it's people that don't like that shit like Bogdanov and his hool friends do.

Grown up men spending their lifes making trouble in and outside sport stadiums, and beating up others. What kind of fucking loser idolizes that shit, they're nothing but derailed white trash.
>>
File: cz-452.png (109 KB, 900x240) Image search: [Google]
cz-452.png
109 KB, 900x240
>>29846728
Oh, right. It's this gun, btw. CZ 452 American (I'm australian, topkek).
>>
File: tumblr_mo3yl3J7Re1rrmtkro1_1280.jpg (676 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mo3yl3J7Re1rrmtkro1_1280.jpg
676 KB, 1280x854
>>29845650
>balaclava to hide identity
>easily identifiable with tattoos
Hooligans sure are retarded.
>>
>>29846733
>so he probably assaulted and injured several people
You're fucking stupid. Ultras and hooligans fight other team's hooligans and ultras. People who like to fight and willingly putt themselves in that kind of situation. Now I see that you can also be a journalist. a uefamafia cunt or a fucking scarfer that knows nothing and only spites what he hears from the biased news. Now go see the game while you eat some popcorn and boo proper fans for using pyro and not sit the entire game.
>>
>>29846894

no, you're the stupid one if you think ultras and hools only fight other hooligans and ultras. you obviously don't live in a region with many high league clubs, else you'd fucking know they beat up fucking everyone wearing a rival club's insignia. in my town, even children and women get kicked in the face for wearing scarfs or tricots of their teams. that's fucking normal business in Poland, Germany, Italy, fucking whole Europe. Maybe not in your home village, but just keep on admiring hooligans online, without ever even actually "meet" some IRL. They are fucking violent scum, ruthless assholes.
There's a huge difference between pyro during a game, or trains and small shops destroyed, families with children attacked just because there's some fucking derby in town.

Go to the Derbies in Warsaw, in Leipzig, in Cologne, Rome, Lyon, Marseille or Paris. Those guys are fucking Lunatics. On Derby day you might get stabbed if you walk around Warsaw with the wrong colors.

Fucking kid, think about what the fuck you are posting about
>>
>>29846894

Oh, and i know you faggot don't get the difference.. but i like ultras. you know, many of the groups. There's a lot of good boys, doing a lot of really good stuff to keep football/supporter culture passionate and native. Without fucking violence. That shit's for the really retarded idiots who want to destroy the culture.

I don't care if some hools meet in a forest or something, if they want they can fucking kill each other. Who gives a fuck. But i want them to keep that shit out of town, and especially i want them to stop attacking everyone who they suspect to support their rival. That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>29845482
Ditch the rod. Unless it is a Dewey coated 1 piece rod.

Uncoated and multipiece rods are vad news for your barrel if you want to keep accuracy.

Buy a bore guide. ( possum hollow is a good brand)

Buy brass jags and all brass brushes.

Solvent wise hoppes 9 is fine
Also get a clp or other lube.

Mount gun on a cleaning vise.
Remove bolt
Insert bore guide
Soak patch in hoppes
Using the jag attachment slowly push through the barrel.

Let the solvent set about 10 min.

Use the bush and with a genle back and forth scrub the barrel ( but do not let the brush exit the muzzle, or you can damage the crown)

Run a second solvent patch through and let sit.

Pass dry patches till they come out clean .

If after 3 patched they are still fouled use the brush and solvent again.

After last dry patch. Apply a little oil to a new patch and pass it through the bore.

Done.

Other options.

Use a bore snake rather than a multi piece rod.
>>
>>29845650
>>29845677
>>29846652
>>29846733
>>29846894
>>29847087
>>29847119
>europeanproblems.jpeg

fags, who cares about soccer
>>
>>29847087
>>29847119
You're talking big game and instead you know nothing. That's not my fault that you live in eastern Europe, where life has no value at all. It has nothing to do with hooliganism or ultra's culture if you kill someone. Those are plain simple criminals who use football as a facade.

So pls stop putting games in France, Italy, Germany on the same level as the Poland, Balkans or filthy Turkey. And before you talk about my "home village" have in mind that my Club has more national and European glory than eastearn clubs have all together or ever will.
>>
>>29847622
>amerilard that will never know how it feels to support and love a Club, like your father, grandfather, and great grandfather did
i'm so sorry mate.
>>
>>29847644

I'm from Germany you fucking idiot, but unlike you i know what's happening in the European ultra scene. And the derby in Warsaw is no different to the derbies in Rome ie, it's the same fucking shit. Idiots beating up people that have nothing to do with what those idiots call ultra.

I'm sorry that it doesn't have anything to do with what you call hooliganism or ultra culture, doesn't change the fact that it's fucking happening in a lot of areas.
>>
>>29846733
>assaulting others
>not forcing society to toughen itself and evolve through conflict and pain

He's not the hero you need, he's the hero you deserve
>>
>>29847644
>>29847680
>eurocucks arguing over who has the most intense kickball get-togethers

hold me im fucking dying over here
>>
File: 800.png (146 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
800.png
146 KB, 625x626
>>29847672
>Europeans
>in charge of rational priorities
>>
>>29847680
>the derby in Warsaw is no different to the derbies in Rome
Now I know that you're just trolling. This is not 90s anymore, kid. Italy's scene is pretty much like their football's quality, dead compared to what it was once.

>but unlike you i know what's happening in the European ultra scene
kek you're just another casual, what you know is different from the game's reality.
>>
>>29847745
A great man once said
>ome people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

You can't understand.
>>
>>29845604
>water
Please no, water won't do much to clean the barrel (you've already got a solvent for that already). It's just going to increase the possibility of rust.
>>
File: european adonis.jpg (77 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
european adonis.jpg
77 KB, 640x427
>>29846758

it's all about style, showing off and your image

but also Ivan Bogdanov is a giant fucking steroid monster, he'd be easy to identify even with a Burqa

retarded hooligan pieces of shit

do the US see retarded shit like that around baseball and football?
>>
>>29847768

ofc it's not 90s anymore, that doesn't mean the lazio - AS match isn't making people smash skulls anymore. are you trying to tell me the derby's totally peacefull now? where are you from anyways? the uk?
>>
>>29848343
>that doesn't mean the lazio - AS match isn't making people smash skulls anymore. are you trying to tell me the derby's totally peacefull now?
kek once again, what a clueless faggot. The ultras of Roma are boycotting the games and during last month's derby the Olimpic stadium was almost half empty. As I thought, you know nothing.

>where are you from anyways? the uk?
Take a guess
>>
>>29848436
you're the clueless faggot, i'm talking about what's going on in the whole fucking town. ofc there's not much going on anymore inside the stadiums in italy. do you think the guys that have been fighting each other for 40 years are somehow now peacefull and let each other just pass by on the street?
>>
>>29848484
it's not about what I think or not, is about what happens. Last month nothing happened, repression is finally hitting hard on Italy.
>>
>>29848484
Btw are you from the St. Pauli's faggot and antifa section or are you one of those "working class" spoiled rich kids from Werder Bremen?
>>
>>29848557

neither, far more both west and south

>>29848534
>repression is finally hitting hard on Italy

lol
>>
File: 2ec.png (497 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
497 KB, 600x580
>>29848576
>neither, far more both west and south
oh fuck, your a Stuttgart faggot.
>>
>>29848607

Still wrong faggot, why are you even trying. It's Köln.
>>
>>29848756
>Köln
Well I have nothing against your team then, we never played against you iirc, maybe at some point during 60s or 70s. We do have a former team captain and champion who played there too during late 2000s
>>
>>29845482

1.very wet brush with hoppes
2.stroke 5-6 down barrel
3.let sit a few minutes
4.push wet, tight fitting patches, down until clean
5.let sit 20 minutes
6.repeat steps 1-5 until first patch in step 4 comes out clean
7.patches until dry
8.oiled patch to protect bore

couple of other things
wipe rod after every stroke to remove grit
patches only go one way, do not drag back
hang a bag over the muzzle to catch patches as they fall off
of course, all cleaning is done from breach
You can use a shot of non-chlorinated brake cleaner before oiling to strip all solvents from bore.
>>
>>29847954
I use it to flush out sediment, rust should never happen after bore grease either.
>>
>>29846728
rust of any kind is not desirable but surface rust wont kill your gun. If you live in Queensland or near the coast buy yourself a gun sock. They help keep any moisture and shit away from your weapons.

With keeping shit in the barrel for a .22. Thats gotta be fuddlore. I cant think of any benefit to leaving lead gunk and unburnt powder in your barrel.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.