[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boy Scouts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Do the girl scouts actually teach girls anything other than selling cookies?

Do they camp in the woods and shoot lever actions like boy scouts?

Believe it or not legitimate question. I have a daughter.
>>
>>29845235

You're better off just going /out/ with your family, teaching her yourself and spending time together.
>>
>>29845235
>Do the girl scouts actually teach girls anything other than selling cookies?

Selling ass
>>
>>29845235
Making and selling cookies was basically the one and only puppy they used to convince my little cousin to join.

If they went outdoors, it was just 'hiking', no camping.
>>
>>29845246
I know. But I can't always be there because work. Was looking for an after school activity.

Dad will teach her to shoot when she's 7.
>>
File: JuniorGSHoldingCan.jpg (93 KB, 261x366) Image search: [Google]
JuniorGSHoldingCan.jpg
93 KB, 261x366
>>29845235
>Do the girl scouts actually teach girls anything other than selling cookies?
>Do they camp in the woods and shoot lever actions like boy scouts?
>Believe it or not legitimate question. I have a daughter.
It's a group of little girls led by women. Do you really think that's the environment where they are going to get dirty and learn handy things and shooting? Girls have always been shoved into a corner and told to look pretty and do nothing; even after 50 years of feminist cancer eating away at every tradition, this is still what they teach girls.
>>
>>29845235
>lever actions
Really? I'm jealous, at our local summer camps (in the 90s) we just had single shot bolt action 22s and break action 20 gauge shotties. At Philmont I also shot black powder and a 12 gauge over under with shells we reloaded.
>>
>>29845286

You act like you need to take her out all the time though. Just taking her camping for one week d every few months, would be a billion times better than girl scouts. Get her into martial arts if you want after school program.

>She will burn tons of energy, pass out easy at night.
>Make bunch of friends.
>If she sticks with it, she will have a form of self defense.
> You won't have to worry about her being raped as easy.
>>
>>29845235
No. They do much less shit than boyscouts unless you happen to have a scout master and a couple of moms that like camping, if you don't then you're screwed, its only cookie sales.
>>
>>29845235
Eagle Scout with daughter here. The answer is no. They do arts and crafts at best. Some troops do not camp, and the ones that do generally do it somewhere with a lodge nearby. No fieldcraft is taught, as far as I can tell. Guns are definitely not involved.
>>
>Do they camp in the woods and shoot lever actions like boy scouts?
Why would girl scouts do this when boy scouts barely do anymore?
>>
Look into Venture scouts. It's a co-ed program thru the BSA that is focused pretty much solely on the high adventure end. The age group for it is 14-21, and they also have less restrictions compared to boy scouts. For instance, boy scouts can only shoot .22 single shot or muzzleloader. Venture scouts can shoot anything that's not full auto or a destructive device.
>>
File: 1456112686114.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1456112686114.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>29845250
>mfw it's true

>>29845235
It's a 50/50 mix of women teaching girls stupid shit and women teaching girls how to camp, horseback ride, socialize, and not be totally useless as a human.

Eagle here, the BSA kind of has the same problem now.
>>
>>29845235
Girl scouts was created for the same stuff boy scouts was but over time women twisted it into selling cookies and doing arts and crafts

As more mothers got involved in boyscout troops it started to move away from manly activities too, they will eventually turn it into girl scouts 2.0
>>
Sister did it
I did boy scouts
My sister did fuck all
They'll do day hikes and maybe an overnight, but no backpacking or anything cool like that

Some camps have archery, but there is no badge for archery
They're not allowed to use guns as part of official Girl Scout activities
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.