[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New PPK info?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 566x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 566x425
I saw an ad in a gun magazine recently about Walther making new PPK's (with the quote "The Return of a Legend") from their new American factory but can't find anything about when they come out.

I talked with my FFL/gun dealer licenser whatever and a guy on a phone yesterday about from NC from a shop I'm getting a CDS from about it any they know about it but don't have a date yet.

Any info on them and sidequestion: my local FFL has a new S&W Stainless PPK/s (with the making dot near the hammer as a sign of it being fixed from early safety drop issue being fixed) comes with some laser grips on it and the originals as well. Could probably get it for 500-550ish. Should I get it or just wait for the new ones?
>>
File: URI207-S-F1C-H.jpg (652 KB, 1800x1380) Image search: [Google]
URI207-S-F1C-H.jpg
652 KB, 1800x1380
>>29844720
Depends, we don't know what they will look like. I think if they wanna sell them, they should not try and compete with other carry guns. We all know people like it because of the bond movies, or because of its history in the german military and police. So just roll mark them to look like the older production ones, use the old grips, and don't slap S&W on em.
>>
>>29844847
I don't have the ad on me atm but in it they looked the same as the old ones. Main thing about the new ones is just they will actually be made in the U.S. by Walther now.

>one thing I would love is if they ever bring the Walther PP back to the states.
>>
Bump and the new ones will finally end the days of 600 dollar PPKs in .22 and do near impossible too find one in .380.
>>
>>29844720
I work at an FFL/LGS. Get asked all the time about when the new PPK's are coming in. I'm convinced they are a myth. I've even gone so far as to call our Walther rep and our S&W rep to ask if they even have so much as a 'first shipment' date even if it's not to our store, just so I can tell customers the first possible time to even start expecting them on shelves, somewhere.

I've gotten nothing back but smoke and mirrors.

Until one physically passes through my hands, I won't believe it even exists. Also seriously stop calling your local FFL/Gun store... we don't know more than you timeline wise.
>>
>>29846012
Only reason I think it's real as of now is the ad I saw in the a gun magazine my dad gets. Even tore the page out.
>>
>>29844720
>>29844847
they should sell one with threaded barrel for silencer.
proper james bond gun
>>
>>29846012
I didn't call them, first one was in person when I picked up my new S&W snubnose and talking about guns and his new site and the NFL draft waiting for the BGC too clear he brought up a S&W PPKs he has for sale and his wife's old old PPK she carries(held both, felt great in hand) and told him about the ad I saw and asked, he talked about it but still no weird about release.

The other one was a question I asked a gun broker online while I called up too pay off my last payment on a layaway colt detective special and talked about some of the guns they have, sold the Model 586 I wanted, have two with a 6 inch barrel, one nickeled even but the 4 inch barrel blued is the one I lust for.
>>
File: lmo-sean-connery-unident02.jpg (31 KB, 500x258) Image search: [Google]
lmo-sean-connery-unident02.jpg
31 KB, 500x258
>>29846034
Yep, you get it, That's a good idea. They could sell a combo set that comes with your threaded barrel and a faux suppressor. Too bad we have such retarded laws dealing with the real thing.
>>
File: 20160429_134951.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160429_134951.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>29845972
Are the .380 that hard to find? My LGS has some used ones for $500. Also here is mine with a horrible grip on it.
>>
>>29846034
It would be in .32
>>
>>29846721
as it should be
luckily we still have shitloads of the old german made ones over here in yurop.
been looking for one with a threaded barrel.
>>
Local sporting goods store has a PPK in .22 for 350. Seemed like a pretty cool deal to me, yea or nay?
>>
>>29846721
>>29846167
>>29846034
Walther and SilencerCo collaborated and did a limited run called "SPECTRE" recently, where you got the gun and a silencer was part of the package (of course the silencer involves paperwork). It's only in .22LR though

https://silencerco.com/summit/walther/

In Europe, it's not uncommon for silencers and adapters to be sold along with .22LR PPKs
>>
>>29847017
Interesting.
>>
>>29844720
>my local FFL has a new S&W Stainless PPK/s (with the making dot near the hammer as a sign of it being fixed from early safety drop issue being fixed) comes with some laser grips on it and the originals as well. Could probably get it for 500-550ish. Should I get it or just wait for the new ones?
Yes or no?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.