[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you help me decide on a gun to get for my ol' mama?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
She used to have an old Colt .32NP revolver, which she liked because it was an old classic yet kinda disliked because it was small and piddly, but she had to sell it a while back. I'm thinking I might get her a replacement for Christmas or something... I've got a while until then. I'm thinking she might enjoy a .45ACP as a larger round might be easier for her to load and help her feel more confident if heaven forbid she needs to use it.
She does know her way around guns and can shoot my .357 without any trouble, so I'm not too worried about recoil or anything like that. Kinda considering a Glock 21 at this pint but any other suggestions would be nice too. If any get a lot of praise I'll maybe show them to her and see if they appeal to her, but I'd kinda like to keep the fact that I'm actually purchasing one for her a surprise if I am waiting for the holidays.
Any thoughts?

(And no, it's not a straw purchase if it's for immediate family, it'll be okay.)
>>
If you want something a little bigger look into the model s&w500
It's a bit pricey but she won't ever have trouble loading it and one shot should take care of anything
>>
that normie meme is cringe as fuck. that stupid picture of the smiling 50s guy saying that has been going around the internet for over a decade and normies think its so funny
>>
>>29844549
Women are pretty bad with firearms in general, don't get the dumb cunt one, she'll probably just shoot herself
>>
Get her a HK usp45.
>that my bag homie?
>>
>>29845086
>his memes aren't dank enough for me

Get lost clown shit.

OP if your mom can handle .357 I think a .45 is good to go.
>>
>>29845124
Oops meant to link >>29845104
>>
All the memes are shit in this thread, for OP I was gonna say if your nana liked and might miss her .32 revolver than maybe find another one in .32 magnum ot .327 magnum as a step up in power if normal .32 is too piddly. But if she can handle a .357 then she can handle a .45, meme calibres are fun though if impractical imo.
>>
>>29845105
/pol/ is not here, this is not /pol.
>>
File: Garth-11.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Garth-11.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>29844549
To fit in with the criteria, a Hi-power. It's an old classic, It has a safety. There are Mec-Gar 15 round magazines for 16 total. 9mm out of a steel gun should be pretty easy for an old lady to shoot.
>>
>>29845452
OP here, that's an option I suppose but I'd kinda rather get her a full-size semiauto. Something that's mainly for home defense but just small enough that she could wear it or carry it in her car or purse if the need arises, and has more than 6 shots.
>>29845723
Always a valid option.
>>
>>29847366
Old ladies have been known to limp wrist things. I would respectfully suggest a revolver.
>>
If your mom doesn't have experience with guns and she won't practice with it much, make sure it's double action only
>>
>>29847366
Get her a commander 1911
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.